Humpty Dumpty had another fall

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Humpty Dumpty had another fall

Post by MJPease » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:58 am

Yep! I have fall'n but not to worry, got up again. This time with a broken left hand to add to my 3 month old shattered wrist. For me this is my badge of courage. If I were a Pro FB player I'd be the lineman dumb enough to play hurt. The USMC drilled this into our Jar head brains. "The body is only a tool of the mind" Not sure if this still holds true for a busted up senior citizen. LOL Old brainwashing dies hard and a touch of dementia doesn't help either. Recently read, ignoring ones safety is a symptom of dementia's onset. I'm a firm believer in no sense departing life with a body that looks like a brand new car. Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Re: Humpty Dumpty had another fall

Post by heinzs » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:41 pm

Well I'm glad you can still type. Yes, all the scars and aches and pains are your medals of honor for living your life as well as you were able. Semper Fi and never give up.
:cheers:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Re: Humpty Dumpty had another fall

Post by MJPease » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:42 am

:hearts:
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”