A thank you....

Moderators: thief of dreams, nekot

nekot
Poetry Piper

A thank you....

Post by nekot » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:49 pm

Dear Pages All,

I've thought to write a note of thanks for allowing me the honor: first of interacting with the beautiful souls that grace these Pages, and also for the honor of having been deemed one of the Pages' Poet Laureates.

I had many ideas listed as possible items to include during my 'term.' But like so many of my lists of ideals, the list ends up longer than reality begets. Yet I recall the adage: 'shoot for the stars, you may hit the moon'...or something like that. :thumbsup:

I (obviously) ended up mostly intrigued with featuring a few poets of the Pages. I wanted to be able to feature so many of the writers here, but time and energy did not allow. Yet, a feature or two or three or more may still appear. :wink: Thank you to all who gave us a peek into their souls. :bow:

I have been somewhat absent lately; thus I slowed down with the features and topics. :oops: My apologies.

So to the next laureate, I look forward to learning and basking in what thou hast to share. :bow:

May we all grow fonder for life and all the wonders it displays. And continue to appreciate the voice of poetry....a most wonderful language of the multifaceted heart.

With gratitude,
Carol

:hello:
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

BeeJay
Babbling Brook Poet
Tag line: A Future in Words

Re: A thank you....

Post by BeeJay » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:32 pm

Nekot....Ive come to appreciate the little 'tokens' that have graced these pages . I'm sure many of us come here to bask in the warmth created by the generosity of poets like you. May your tribe increase. :cheers: ___BeeJay
If the Universe was a little smaller , I may just be able to reach out to you. Copyright © 2009 Baru Gobira

Spazway
Lost in a Dream

Post by Spazway » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:31 pm

Carol,

Thank you for doing such a wonderful job as Poet Laureate these last 6 months. You have been an inspiration to us all and I think you've set the bar really high for the next PL. LOL I am honoured to have been one of the poets you featured and I have enjoyed reading about the other poets you've featured. It's given all of us a little more insight into what makes our fellow poets tick, so to speak.

Again, thank you for being such an amazing ambassador if you will for our wonderful family here at PP. :bow:

:thewave:

:hugs: Sarah
If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you. ~ A. A. Milne

decadence
Clearwater Poet

Post by decadence » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:29 am

:thumbsup:

Duchess
The Irish Rose

Post by Duchess » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:23 pm

:thumbsup:
"Our minds create our realities based on our perceptions and how we view our world..." "In crazy mans world, everyone else is insane and he is the only sane one"
Both said by My Georgia Muse

I miss my baby...R.I.P Chyna
~*}i{*Duchess*}i{*~

I wish to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:55 pm

What a warm and talented personality you are. Thanks for sharing that with us during your time as Poet Lariet. :thewave:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Post by Tom Watson » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:38 am

:shock:
I am the deer frozen in, not the headlights of the approaching truck (Poet Laureate responsibilities), but the brilliant tail-lights of our departing Poet Laurette, Nekot. You have performed so well at the task, I feel in shock to find myself next in line...Thank you, Nekot for the grand tour of duty you gave us.

Tom
"Whispers of Love" a book of poetry expressing love of the heart and spirit is released worldwide on August 11, 2009. Visit my home page at
Books From Grace for more information or Amazon.com

Return to “Poet Laureate October 2007 - March 2008: Nekot”