Spice from Outer Space: Lady Saturn

Moderators: thief of dreams, nekot

nekot
Poetry Piper

Spice from Outer Space: Lady Saturn

Post by nekot » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:18 pm

I enjoy variety and truly believe it is the spice of life. People come in the most varieties of all; no two are exactly the same. I believe each person has a significant gift to share and a unique journey to live.

The Pages are not lacking in these givers and journeyers who share their insights, joys, traumas, imaginations, hopes, despairs, fantasies, fictions, beliefs, and doubts via the written word in prose, poetry, stories, and quips.

I have laughed many a time and cried many a time, as I have sat with mouse in hand reading these Pages and sharing my own heart. Folks here are an inspiration to my soul and have been a catalyst for significant growth in my own life. I have witnessed a mutual respect among this variety of souls that if duplicated in our world, would make it a better place. :bow:

Jump into your space ship and take a ride to discover spice from another planet. Scroll on down to enjoy a taste of Lady Saturn.

:hello:

Back to index: Poetry Pages' Poets
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

nekot
Poetry Piper

Re: Spice from Outer Space: Lady Saturn

Post by nekot » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:47 pm

Lady Saturn joined Poetry Pages in June, 2002. She is famous for her Poetry Familia and Westies stories. If you haven't read any, jump in and enjoy. 'Tis entertaining especially since the characters are right out of PoetryPages.com.

Following is a short interview with the Lady Saturn. Enjoy the wit from the planet with rings.... :mrgreen:

What is your age bracket: under 25, 25 - 50, over 50?
28 in Earth Years. I refuse to reveal Saturn years however. :no: :mrgreen:

What is your name?
My name is LadySaturn. I think everyone knows that. :roll: :mrgreen:

Where do you live?
I reside in Grand Rapids, Broke Ass Michigan. As soon as I get enough dough up though, I'm fixing up my spaceship and moving back to Saturn.

How long have you been writing poetry? Do you recall what led you, if anything, to start writing?
Ever since I was in my mama's womb. I had the urge to write. I really don't know what started it for me. Maybe because I live with a highly insane family. :mrgreen:

I really didn't start making anything of my writing till about fifth grade. When my fifth grade teacher was the first to discover my talent.

People who I credit all I do: God, Jesus, My family *Offline family*, Jordan Knight, and My Muses * Even though they drive me insane*

Have you ever been published? In what books or by whom?
Yes, but I plead the fifth considering some of the stuff I've had published could get me in trouble with the government. Not my fault I think their leader is an idiot. Oops, did I say that. :devil: :mrgreen: That and the list would be too long, and there simply isn't enough room or time to name it all. :thumbsup:

What inspires you to write? Is there a certain setting where you like to write? Do you listen to music when you write?
A lot of things inspire me to write. I can also write about anywhere and at any time. For example, all my Past poems were written in pool halls. I usually also find myself from time to time penning out a few lines on a napkin at a resturant or on back of a business card at a store.

You should see the looks I get when I'm walking down the aisle of a store, writing something out on a small piece of paper. I get the looks because I usually repeat to myself what I just wrote just to make sure it sounds right. I don't know, I guess they think I'm crazy or something for doing it, but hey it helps.

I sometimes do listen to music when I write. However when I first wrote the Poetry Familia and Westies series I didn't. It's not until later on in both series that I did. It sort of happened by accident when I was writing a scene for a Poetry Familia story that I realized the song I was listening to fit in with the scene I was penning out and from there I started creating music lists. I also figured that if both series ever became movies they'd need a music track for the movie. I guess I'm making the guy who does music soundtracks for movies...well...I guess I'm making his job a little easier. At least that's how I look at it. :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

What is one of your favorite poems that you have penned?
I really don't have a favorite. I simply can't considering I think of my pieces of writing as my kids. I can't choose a favorite because they're all my favorite. That, and my kids will throw a fit if I choose one of them over the others. Very much like the Westie Boys if they don't get enough attention. Before you know it, I ll wake up with my motorcycle missing and all my credit cards maxed out. :mrgreen: :no: :roll:

A couple bonus snippets from the Lady Saturn:
My Role Models growing up:
I had a few. But one that stuck out more than the others was of course King Jups. I thought if he can do what he does as far as music and singing goes; then hell, I could go far with what I do with my writing. I thank God every day that He created someone like King Jups because the household I had grown up in was anything but pretty. Come to think of it I never really did think of him as a role model, more as a mentor if anything.

The Muses God has so blessed me with:
Saturn- Myself in a Past life when I did once rule Saturn or so I keep being told.
Spade- An Irish Fatale. Lord only knows how she came to be but she's around none the same.
And....
Gabriel(Mael)- Besides revealing his real name and a little about his past life *Not too much mind you* He keeps to himself. He's the only male muse I have, and I kind of feel sorry for him when the other two start to bicker because he seems to always get caught in the middle. :roll:

Thank you Saturn!! I'd like to dance on the rings of Saturn sometime, after I waltz across the rainbow!! :hello:

Click here for a sampling of the Poetry Familia Series:
POETRY FAMILIA 11

Click here for a sampling of the Westies Series:
WESTIES 4

Click here to view Saturn's Archive (currently under the updating process because of the new forum):
Lady Saturn's Archive
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:04 pm

:cool: :cool: :cool: :thumbsup:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:10 pm

Following are a few of Saturn's poems that I enjoy:

LADY SATURN

She was...
A Queen,
A Goddess,
A Angel,
A Saint,
A Sinner,
A unusual girl.
A Daughter,
A Sister,
A Role model,
A Citizen,
A unusual girl.
A Writer,
A Singer,
A Poet,
A Priest,
A Amazon,
A unusual girl.
A Woman,
A Lover,
A Fighter,
A Giver,
A Superhero,
A Soldier,
A unusual girl.

Her name was....
Lady Saturn.

“NOWHERE”

Close the door.
Keep the world out.
It’s just you and I standing here.
You preach to me of religion.
And I speak of faith.
Seems we’re getting nowhere fast.
You think your right.
I think your wrong.
You think you know the truth.
I think you have yet to tell the truth.
You speak of Baal.
And I speak of God.
You talk of sin.
I speak forgiveness.
You tell of Demons.
I talk of Angels.
You rely on the Devil.
I pray to Jesus.
You glorify Hell.
I think about Heaven.

"Stand Off"

She stands before you.
Her heart on her sleeve.
She spills the secrets to heaven.
She pours her feelings out.
Leaving you and the whole world to judge.
Leaving you and the whole world to break her heart.
Once again.

She stands in the spotlight.
Because she wrote down her thoughts.
Trying to make sense,
out of this messed up world.
Trying to find some peace of mind.
Trying to find her way back home.
Forgeting all the lies she was told.
Or least tries to for the time being.
While she talks to God.
Funny how man-made love and religion,
can mess you up so bad.

And now she stands on the battlefield with you.
Face to face.
Standing her ground.
Trying to save her soul.
Trying to survive.
Like any other human.
Or angel.

Thanks again Saturn!!!
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:11 pm

heinzs wrote::cool: :cool: :cool: :thumbsup:
:grin: :hello:
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:14 pm

Lady Saturn, I have another question.

Please forgive me if my questions seems dense, lately dense seems a constant companion. :no:

So here is my question:
Who is King Jups?

~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:57 pm

Nice. I like it and thank you Nekot. And oh shall I repeat again who King Jups is but okay. Here's the story. King Jupiter or King Jups is no other than Jordan Knight. Good god, I hear the lawsuit coming as we speak. Eh. Anyway, how I came up with the name is I flipped the J.K. around and got K.J out of it. From there I just put down the first thing that popped in my head and since I thought of the planet in front of Saturn. That of course being Jupiter. I sort of put two and two together. And from there a poem or two became of it. I guess you can say it's a nickname I sort of gave him and has stuck since. Originally I had planned on not telling anyone who King Jupiter was. Actually I think it was about five years down the road before I finally did however. :computer:

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:54 am

LadySaturn wrote:Nice. I like it and thank you Nekot. And oh shall I repeat again who King Jups is but okay. Here's the story. King Jupiter or King Jups is no other than Jordan Knight. Good god, I hear the lawsuit coming as we speak. Eh. Anyway, how I came up with the name is I flipped the J.K. around and got K.J out of it. From there I just put down the first thing that popped in my head and since I thought of the planet in front of Saturn. That of course being Jupiter. I sort of put two and two together. And from there a poem or two became of it. I guess you can say it's a nickname I sort of gave him and has stuck since. Originally I had planned on not telling anyone who King Jupiter was. Actually I think it was about five years down the road before I finally did however. :computer:
Thank you Lady Saturn!

And now I have discovered who Jordan Knight is. :grin: I had to google him. :thewave:

Jupiter is known as the king planet in our lil' ole' solar system. :thumbs:
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Wow ... we almost got enuff Spice Girls to start a band.

:grin:

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:36 pm

preston wrote:Wow ... we almost got enuff Spice Girls to start a band.

:grin:
:lol:

:thewave:
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:41 pm

Lordie, I just imagined the Texan over there as a Spice Girl. He'd definitely would be Scary Spice. Or is that Texan Spice. Either way, please Nekot don't require him to wear a dress. I'd like to keep my eyesight. :hello:

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:02 pm

eyesight: :shock:

~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

Milk White Chocolate
Naughty But Nice

Post by Milk White Chocolate » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:17 pm

I would opt more for a spice boys band!
Wouldn't they look just cute on stage?

Of course the spice girls would be the managers, therefore having complete control over the spice boys wardrobe!

oups...I am rambling again!

Nice too read about you LadySaturn! :thumbsup:
And might I say you have a wicked sense of humour...I like! :cheers:
Money don't make me so broke can't break me.
**My Video Page**

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:01 pm

Thanks MWC. The kind of life I've lived,I need a sense of humor no doubt about it.

Return to “Poet Laureate October 2007 - March 2008: Nekot”