moonflowers highlights April 08

Moderator's monthly picks from the "Funny Business" forum

Moderator: moonflower

moonflower
enchanted by the magic

moonflowers highlights April 08

Post by moonflower » Sat May 03, 2008 9:14 pm

Hi everyone! :grin: Wow did this month fly or what?? Sorry ive been gone so much this month..too many things going on all at once at my house..(my brain is like mush!) :mrgreen: Here in the funny forum there were 14 postings! now how great is that!! :grin: double from last month!..thats really fantastic! A big, big thanks to all who stopped in...well, here are the highlights for April :grin: :grin:

Olsen Twins Wear Sombreros To Taco Bell Opening - Mistaken For Nails By Drywaller
written by SamIAm

Las Angeles - Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen were celebrating the opening of a new Taco Bell by wearing sombreros, when they were mistaken for two nails and hammered into the drywall of a nearby construction site.

"It was a tragic mistake," said the Olsen twin's manager, Anthony Shultz. "Mary and Ashley both love Taco Bell. They eat a Big Steak and Bean Burrito every day - without the steak, bean, cheese, sour cream, salsa or tortilla. Today was special for them, though."

Shultz, 56, said that the twins were asked to appear at the grand opening and were told that everyone was wearing a traditional Mexican hat, or sombrero.

"They were so excited," says Shultz. "They went out and bought the hats that day."

The twins, who had once been reported missing after they had turned sideways and disappeared, were in high spirits. But their spirits were soon shattered.

"I turned to smile at them," says Shultz, "when suddenly this big construction worker guy walked up and just picked them up as if they didn't weigh a thing . . . which, of course they don't."

Shultz says that he followed the construction worker to a nearby building site across the street, where the worker quickly drove the twins into the drywall with his hammer.

"I started screaming for him to stop," says Shultz, "but it was too late."

Shultz says that he could hear the twins screaming, but their screams were soon cut short after only two smacks on each of their sombrero-ed heads.

"Someone's been stealing our drywall nails," explained Burt Gunther, 34, a construction worker for the city and the guy who 'nailed the Olsen twins'. "When I saw those two nails across the street in front of the Taco Bell, I knew those were mine."

Gunther says that it never occurred to him that the two "nails" might have been two under-nourished, anorexia-ridden stars wearing really big Mexican hats.

"They looked like nails to me," said Gunther.

The twins were quickly removed from the wall and sent to a nearby hospital for concussions.

"They were soon happy again," says Shultz. "They were hungry too! You should have seen all those ice cubes and lettuce slivers they ate! Those pigs!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Brain Power.....written by Leysa

I watched a guy on TV
who used psychological means
to make folks re-think eating
and fit in much smaller jeans.

It occurred to me that I
could twist this idea around
ridding myself of so much more
than the weight of extra pounds.

I used the process of picturing
my ex all smothered in worms
smelling rather putrid,
looking diseased and full of germs.

I next pictured that neighbor,
the one who is hateful and mean,
rolled tightly into a bouncing ball
then tossed away, no longer at 113.

The frowning lady at the post office,
who always seems so cheeky,
can now be heard in my head
talking in a voice quite squeaky.

They have all lost their power
to hurt me or make me feel badly
thanks to the power of thought
that I’ve exercised quite gladly!

-------------------------------------------------------------

hey thanks again to everyone who came in during April :grin: ..come back even more in May!! :mrgreen:
inside each soul there is music...let the music play..

visit my poets page

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Re: moonflowers highlights April 08

Post by heinzs » Sat May 03, 2008 9:58 pm

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks Val!
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

moonflower
enchanted by the magic

Re: moonflowers highlights April 08

Post by moonflower » Sat May 03, 2008 10:23 pm

hi heinzs! :hello: ..you are very welcome! :grin:
inside each soul there is music...let the music play..

visit my poets page

Return to “Moonflower's favorites”