POETRY FAMILIA 17

A place to enjoy the interactive sport of Roleplay exercises, post your prose, short stories, story poems, prose poems and epics. This forum does not autoprune

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway, moonflower

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

POETRY FAMILIA 17

Post by LadySaturn » Thu May 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Poetry Familia 17

A year had come and gone since the little adventure Johnny-Boy and I had taken into a different universe. I had stayed at the house for awhile but decided it would be the best for everyone else if I found some place else to live. Now that Lucy and Levi were gone, Hell had become a free for all with demons. Demons that would hunt down and kill the Seraphim of Death just to gain a shot at being the next ruler of the damned. Now dealing with Hell alone isn’t a major problem as far as I’m concerned. However, they aren’t the only ones looking to have my head on a silver platter. Deep within the Abyss is a group of demon assassins that can come and go as they please. The major reason they can is because they happen to be the kin of the once infamous Legion. And since I had played a part in the Legion’s demise, it just fueled their hate for me even more. Now normally, they would have come after me by now. But both Lucy and Levi had guaranteed my death. And when they could not deliver, the little group of demon assassins thought it was high time they came looking for me. So that’s when I decided to move into my cabin in the woods. The last thing I wanted to do was put everyone else at risk.....

It was around seven or eight at night. Can’t be quite sure seeing as when you live out in the woods you seem to lose all sense of time. Anyway, he had showed up on my front door step. Carrying a backpack and looking like he was on some sort of mission. I of course let him in but had my usual suspicion as to what he was up to. He went directly into my kitchen without saying a word and I followed right behind him. I stood in the doorway, leaning on the frame and crossing my arms. Watching him go through the cupboards and basically tearing my kitchen up for pots and pans. Only to shake his head every now and then, when noticing the lack of food.

“I eat out a lot.” I finally said. “So are you going to tell me why you’re here or just continue to tear my kitchen apart?”

That’s when I noticed a flyer on the kitchen table that had fallen out of his backpack. I walked over and read it for a minute before setting it back down.

“Huh. So they made it official.” I sarcastically remarked.
“I don’t think it’s funny.” Jordan spoke up, cooking over the stove.
“You worry too much, Richie-Rich.”
“Someone has to.”

I raised an eyebrow and had a feeling something had happened. I wasn’t to sure however whether or not to push the subject any further.

“One of them showed up at my house.” He said, continuing to cook. “No one was home except Dena and the kids. If I hadn’t shown up when I did....”
“Are they okay?” I asked, sounding worried.
“They’re fine. Shaken up a little but they’ll be okay.”
“So then why are you here?”
“We need to talk about your little plan.”
“What about it?” I now sat down at the kitchen table.
“It’s not working.” He bluntly responded. “Having one of those assassins break into my home proved that.”
“Like I told you before, they’re looking for me. Of course they’d stop by the house because for all they know I’m still living there. But now that they know I don’t, they won’t bother you, the Familia or any of the other Carriers.” I began to explain. “They don’t mess around with people they have no interest in. They don’t like wasting time from what Azrael has told me. They’d rather go after their target than screw around with bystanders or acquaintances.”
“Sure about that? Because the one I fought was pretty damn determine to rip my head off.”
“Really? Huh. Well, I guess you showed him.” I sarcastically remarked, with a sly smile.
“Actually, the he was a she. And a cute one I might add.” Jordan responded rather calmly.

The smile quickly faded from my face as I stared at him out of the corner of my eye.

“She’s still a demon.” I pointed out. “Don’t be fooled by the human disguise.”
“I’m not. I’m just saying....”
“And again, she’s a demon that almost ripped your head off.”

Jordan noticed the look on my face and a smile appeared out of the corner of his mouth.

“You’re jealous.” He said.
“No, I’m not. I’m just stating the obvious.” I tried to remain cool. “It isn’t my fault that you’re full of yourself.”
“What? He started to laugh a little.
“You heard me. I told you before not every woman wants you. Some prefer your brother.”
“But he’s....”
“Yea, which is a shame. Because if he wasn’t...” I shook my head, smiling a little.
“That’s my brother, though.”
“So?”

Jordan went back to cooking all the while grumbling under his breath.

“Wow, sounds like someone is jealous.” I remarked.

He stopped what he was doing and looked over at me as I sat there with a coy smile.

“Don’t screw with me.” I continued being blunt. “You’ll never win.”

He didn’t reply. Just went back to cooking whatever was stinking up my kitchen.

“So what’s up with the cooking?” I asked, breaking the tension somewhat. “Usually you just show up to talk.”
“I heard you haven’t been eating and I just thought....” He began to answer.
“You’d stop by and cook me a meal.” I interrupted him. “That way you can check up on me and ease your worried mind. Am I right?”
“Ye... I mean no. I mean...”
“Which one is it?” I raised an eyebrow. “And while were on the subject who told you I wasn’t eating?”
“No one.”
“Again, lying isn’t becoming of you. So was it Mikey? What am I saying, of course it was Mikey. Seeing as you two seem to worry about my well being more than anybody else I know.”
“You have to eat.” Jordan now set a plate of what I assumed was food in front of me.
“Uh no, I don’t. Especially not whatever the hell that is.” Poking at the food with a fork for a second before pushing the plate away from me.
“It’s Chinese.”
“And again, I don’t eat whatever the hell that is.” I now got up to leave. “God bless you for trying though, Richie-Rich.”
“Where you going?”
“Fishing.”

I headed to the closet in the living room to look for my fishing gear. I had to dig in the way back of the closet before finding my tackle box. And that’s when an unusual scent hit me like a ton of bricks. A scent not quite demon but not quite human either. I snuck back into the kitchen just in time to tackle her to the ground and stop her from putting a knife through Jordan’s back.

“Give me a reason.” I growled, holding a set of glowing claws near her jugular.
“What the...?” Jordan began to ask.

That’s when he noticed who I was holding down.

“So I guess trying to rip my head off wasn’t enough.” He remarked.
“Wait, she’s the one that...?” I began to say.
“Oh yea.” He smiled a little. “I guess she couldn’t resist my charm.”
“Is that what that is? And all this time, I thought you were full of....”
“I”LL KILL BOTH OF YOU!” The intruder roared.
“Whoa, someone has a temper on them.” Azrael appeared out of nowhere.
“I wonder when you’d show up to the party.” I replied, trying to hold down the intruder the best I knew how.
“Get off of me!” The intruder yelled.
“Hey, I’d watch your tone if I were you, half-breed.” I growled back.
“Half-breed?” Jordan looked puzzled. “Wait a minute, demons can have....”
“It’s not an exclusive club, Richie-Rich.”
“I’ll kill you.” The intruder hissed at me.
“Like I haven’t heard that before.” I rolled my eyes, letting out a sigh. “Do you two want to help or just stand there and look cute?”
“Hold on, we’ve got a choice?”” Jordan sarcastically remarked.

Azrael quickly side stepped away from Jordan, noticing the look on my face.

“I mean because usually you’re just barking orders at everyone.” He continued on.
“Dead man.” Az coughed. “Dead man.”
“Why the hell are you bringing this up now?”” I asked, losing my patience quickly.
“Why not?” He shrugged his shoulders.
“Are you freaking serious?” I now exclaimed. “I just stopped her from killing you and now you want to bring this up. Are you trying to get back at me for earlier, is that it?”

I had now let go of the intruder. She quickly stood up while Azrael kept an eye on her. Now normally a demon would see the opportunity to escape but for some odd reason she stayed and watched Jordan and I get into it.

“Are they married?” She asked Azrael.
“You would think but no.” He answered. “What’s your name, kid?””
“Helena.” She replied, continuing to watch Jordan and I.
“So why did you want to kill my boy over there, Helena?” Azrael questioned, not fazed by the little argument going on.
“I wasn’t going to kill him.” She now sat down at the table, noticing the flyer.
“Wait a minute.” I interrupted, holding a hand up in front of Jordan. “What do you mean you weren’t going to kill him?””
“I mean I wasn’t going to kill him. Hey, how did you guys get this flyer? I only thought those who went to the meeting got them.”

I now looked over at Jordan again. Raising an eyebrow as he tried to avoid my stare.

“Is there something you forgot to, oh I don’t know tell us, Richie-Rich?”” I asked.
“Nope. Not really.” He lied.
“What did you do?” I now got in his face.
“What are you talking about?”
“Don’t play dumb with me. The only way you could have gone to that meeting is if you went into the Abyss. So who took you because there’s no way in hell you could have entered on your own.”
“No one.”
“Bull. Az.”
“Yes ma’am.” Azrael quickly responded.
“Find out who helped Jordan get into the Abyss and then bring them to me.” I ordered.
“But how am I suppose to…”

I shot Azrael a look and he quickly left. I now turned my attention back on Helena.

“So are you one of these demon assassins?” I questioned her.
“I’m not part of the Hierarchy.” She answered, shaking her head a little. “I am trying to get in though. That’s why I went after your friend. I was hoping he’d tell me where you were.”
“He would have never told you.” I shook my head. “If anything you would have just gotten yourself hurt”

Jordan looked at me, somewhat surprised. I just smiled a little.

“Then I would have gone after the others.” She hissed.
“They wouldn’t have told you either. Besides, if you would have harmed one hair on anyone associated with me, I would have come after you. Which I’m pretty sure you would have been counting on.” I growled. “But here’s the real kicker, something you and those demon spawn have yet to figure out”
“And that is?”
“You can’t kill Death.”

Her eyes got wide when she saw the look in mine.

“My fate was handed to me a long time ago.” I began to explain. “And anyone who tries to kill me is going to find it pretty damn hard to do so.”
“Yea, well then you might want to tell the Hierarchy that when they find you.”
“Why would I….?”
“Because they are a boys' only club that are full of testosterone and very little brain cells.”
“So then why would you be willing to help them by trying to kill me?”
“I’m not trying to help them. I’m trying to get in.”

I raised an eyebrow. Not believing what I was hearing.

“You don’t understand,” She said, noticing the look. “To be part of the Hierarchy you become respected and feared.”
“That’s what everyone use to say about the Legion.” I sneered. “And I don’t think I have to remind you what happened to them. Besides, I heard you have to have Legion blood in your veins or you can’t be part of their little group. And my senses tell me little girl, you don’t have an ounce in you.”
“And you’re right, I don’t. But I’m sick of being an outcast because I’m not a full blooded demon.” She responded, lowering her head and letting out a sigh. “Again, I told you, you wouldn’t understand.”

I sat back in my chair for a minute before getting up and going into the other room.

“What is she doing?” Helena asked Jordan.

He just shrugged his shoulders in response as he went through the fridge to get something to drink. I came back into the room and threw a very old book in front of Helena.

“What’s this?”
“Something you need to read.” I calmly responded. “And Richie-Rich is going to stay here and make sure you do.”
“Saturn, I...” He began to speak up.
“You have no say.” I cut him off, getting up to leave. “You lost that right when you started doing things behind my back.”
“I had my reasons.”
“I don’t care. You can stay here and keep an eye on her.” I now left, not wanting to hear it.

Jordan sat down at the table, pulling his phone out of his pocket and beginning to text someone. Trying not to lose his cool. Helena all the while kept staring at him.

“What?” He asked her, continuing to text on his phone.
“Nothing.” She shook her head as she opened up the book I gave her and began to read.

Meanwhile down at the Pub, Bags and Leysa were starting to close the place up for the night when they received a couple of visitors. That looked like anything but their normal bar patrons.

“Can we help you, gentlemen?” Bags questioned, noticing how they were dressed.
“Where’s the Seraphim of Death?” One of them demanded to know while the other two looked around.
“Don’t know.” Bags lied, having inkling as to who they were.
“YOU LIE!” The same one roared, grabbing Bags and slamming him up against the wall as he held him up by his neck. “Now tell us where she is or die.”
“Put him down.” They heard someone speak up from the other end of the bar.

They looked over to notice someone sitting there in his skeleton form and calmly drinking a beer.

“Well, if isn’t a Soul Stealer.” The one holding Bags mocked.
“That was another time and another life.” Nega replied, still remaining calm.
“Yea, I heard you went soft.”
“Didn’t go soft. Just got smart. Now let him go.”
“You’re out of league, old man.”
“Funny, I was about to say the same about you and your little buddies over there.” Nega sarcastically remarked.
“Jim, who are these people?” Leysa asked.
“They call themselves the Hierarchy. They’re the kin of the Legion and supposedly demon assassins from the Abyss. But honestly if you want my opinion, they’re nothing more than spoiled rotten demon brats.”
“What the hell would you know about being an assassin?” One of the others hissed at him.
“Oh, I’d know plenty seeing as I was one of the original. After all what do you think us Soul Stealers did. Plant roses and sing hymns.”

The one demon that had hissed at him now walked over to Nega and stood at his side.

“Get up.” He said.
“Don’t feel like it.” Nega sarcastically remarked. “Besides last time I checked I was a grown ass man. I don’t need to be taking orders from anyone.”

That’s when the demon knocked over Nega’s beer in front of him.

“Again, get up.” The demon now hissed.
“You shouldn’t have done that.”
“Why? What are you going to do about it?”

No sooner had the words been spoken then the little group of demons were picking themselves up off the floor and heading for the door. Leysa all the while was helping Bags to his feet. Who had been tossed aside like a rag doll when the fight broke out.

“Pathetic.” Nega remarked, watching from the window as the demons ran down the street and out of sight.
“What was that all about?” Leysa asked.

Bags looked over at Nega and neither one said a word.

“What is it?” She noticed the looks.
“Might as well tell her. The rest of the Familia will soon find out anyway.” Bags remarked.
“”We made a promise not to.” Nega reminded him.
“Screw the promise. We just had three of those assassins in here wanting to rip my head off and tear the place apart.”
“Bags...”

Nega lowered his head and let out a sigh.

“Jim.” Leysa began to say.
“Saturn is in trouble.” He calmly replied.

Jordan continued to drink a beer at the kitchen table as Helena kept her nose in the book.

“So how do you like the book so far?” He asked. “Not that I care seeing as I’ve already read it.”
“No, you haven’t.” She answered, keeping her eyes on the page.
“How do you know?”
“Because the first page is a list of people who have read it. And you’re name isn’t on it”
“Well, did it ever occur to you that maybe I decided not to put my name on the page.”
“Nice try. But it states only half-breeds are allowed to read this book. And you’re not a half-breed.”
“My brother is a half-breed and I’m pretty sure....”
“Is his name Jon?”
“Yea.”
“He’s read it. Actually, his name is the last one on the list.”

Jordan grabbed his cell phone that was laying next to his beer on the table and started to text again.

“What are you doing now?” Helena asked, still reading.
“Nothing. Just asking someone something.” Jordan calmly answered while continuing to text.
“Huh. So what is up with you and her? I know you two aren’t married but....”
“We’re just friends.”
“Yea, well speaking as someone from the outside looking in that’s one weird friendship you two have.”
“It’s not weird.” Someone spoke up from behind them. “It’s complicated.”

Jordan looked over his shoulder and Helena stopped reading to see who had said it. Michael had his head in the fridge, looking for something to eat.

“For the love of... Does she even eat?” He remarked.
“What are you doing here?” Jordan asked.
“Saturn thought you needed a babysitter.” Michael continued to look for food, this time going through the cupboards.
“And who are you?” Helena asked.

Michael stopped what he was doing long enough to stare at Helena like she was crazy.

“You should know who I am.” He finally answered.
“Well, I don’t. So who are you?

Michael looked over at Jordan who just shrugged his shoulders in response.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” Michael said to Helena, looking back at her.
“Not everyone knows who you are.” Jordan pointed out.
“I know. But she’s a half-demon. If she’s heard of Saturn then she should have heard of me also. It only should make sense since I’ve been accompanying Saturn for I don’t know... eons... Not only that but I did play a part in sending Lucy to Hell. Not to mention I’m in the Bible like ten or twenty times.”
“Wait, you’re Michael?” Helena interrupted.
“Yea.”

She began to laugh and Michael quickly took offense to this.

“What’s so funny?” He asked, being somewhat short with her.
“Noting...” Helena stopped laughing a little. “It’s just....”
“Just what?”
“You’re not what I pictured.”
“Huh.”
“”It’s not bad or anything. It’s just in the stories I was told you were painted as more of Saturn’s comical sidekick than anything else.”
“Comical?”
“You were considered more of a jester than a hero.”
“Huh.” Michael now crossed his arms.
“You okay, Mike?” Jordan asked, noticing the look on his face.
“Yea, I’m cool.” He responded, heading for the door. “I just need to go talk to Saturn about something.”
“Dude, she didn’t mean....”
“No man, it’s okay.”
“Mike....”

But it was already too late. He had left, slamming the door behind him.

“I didn’t mean to offend him.” Helena said.
“Nah. Don’t worry about it.” Jordan assured her while going back to texting on his phone.
“So about you and Saturn...” Helena started to bring up again.

Jordan just let out a sigh under his breath. He was beginning to feel a headache coming on.

“So do you think they’re the same ones who attacked Bags, Leysa and Nega?” Ven asked as her, Berls, Pops and I were gathered around in the living room.

I had been on my way to the Pub to get some papers from my office when I had gotten a phone call from Berls who told me about the little visit Bags, Leysa and, Nega received. I then decided not to stop in the Pub seeing as it would probably be unsafe to do so. Instead, I headed straight for the house and started to tell Ven, Berls and Pops about the Hierarchy. I knew it would only be a matter of time before they found out. So I figured why not get it over with and tell them.

“Yea.” I calmly answered.
“So if they’re attacking Familia members then you’re wrong about them not bothering with anyone else to get to you.”
“Usually they don’t.”
“Then why change their methods now? Why....” Ven started to ask.
“You know the answer to that.” I calmly stated. “This is why I never wanted to tell any of you. I didn’t want to worry....”
“We’re Familia, Saturn. You should have come to us from the beginning.” Berls spoke up. “And as for worrying. When haven’t any of us worried about the other one at one point or another?”
“I know but....”

And that’s when Michael appeared out of nowhere, folding his wings behind him. Not looking the least bit happy.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him.
“Oh nothing really.” He answered, being short. “Just that I’m one big joke in Hell.”
“What?”
“You haven’t heard? Apparently I’m your comical sidekick. The only thing I’m good for is a laugh.”
“Uh oh.” Ven said under her breath, stepping out of Michael’s way.
“Mikey....” I started to say.
“Don’t Mikey me, woman.” He snapped back. “I sent Lucifer to Hell. I’ve fought the greatest of demons. I’m a General in Heaven’s army. And now my legacy is nothing more than that I’m your comical sidekick.”
“Now that’s funny.” Azrael spoke up, appearing out of thin air.
“Az.” I warned, shaking my head.
“What? I’m just saying....”
“Keep it to yourself.”
“But....”

I extracted my claws and Azrael quickly shut his trap.

“Mikey, look no one thinks that.” I tried to assure him. “You’re still the greatest General that Heaven’s army has ever had. People still talk about you throwing Lucy into the fires of Hell. And yes, you are still quite the ladies man.”
“Use to be anyway until you became Saturn’s lap dog.” Azrael sarcastically remarked.

Michael glared over at him out of the corner of his eye. Before letting out a low growl and storming out of the room.

“What? No one said the truth was pretty.” Azrael calmly replied, shrugging his shoulders with a sly smile.
“Az.” I shook my head, not the least bit amused.
“Fine. I’ll apologize to the big baby. But first I found something out that might interest you.”
“Spill it.”
“Seems our Carrier friend did have help getting into the Abyss by no other then a certain half-breed who happens to be related to the Carrier. Now who do we know that is related to Jordan, I wonder.”
“Jon.” Ven spoke up.
“And she wins the million dollar prize.” Azrael sarcastically remarked.

I started to head for the door when Azrael stepped in front of me.

“There’s more.” He continued. “Seems they weren’t alone.”

I raised an eyebrow in response.

“If you want to go start busting heads.” He pointed out. “You might want to start with Jimmy’s first.”

Azrael stepped out of my way and I left. Heading straight for Nega’s room. He was sitting in a chair next to an open window, smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer.

“So you found out.” He said, sensing my presence.
“Why would you put....” I began to argue.
“Before you start, you should know Jordan isn’t the only one that has been worried about you.” He calmly interrupted.
“I can take care of myself. I don’t need everyone worrying about me.”
“True. But after what happened in the alternate universe. People can’t help but worry about you.”
“Still, it gave you no right to put Jon, Jordan and yourself at risk.”
“Saturn....”
“No Jim, it was stupid and reckless. What if you three had gotten caught? What then?”

Nega lowered his head and let out a sigh.

“I don’t know.” He finally answered. “But we wouldn’t have.”
“And why not? It’s not like you had a Seraphim or Templar with you.” I pointed out.
“Actually, we did.” He looked over at me out of the corner of his eye.” A Templar as a matter of fact.”
“Can’t be. They’ve been dead for....”
“The original Templars, yes. But you know as well as I do that some of them continued their bloodline after the massacre.”

Normally, I’d think Nega would be full of it. But I knew he wasn’t. After the trials and massacre of thousands of Templars. A few who were able to escape thanks to yours truly and Mikey, ended up having families. Not that they quit being a Templar, they just needed a cover as to not raise any suspicion. And what better way then to settle down, get married and have children. Thus, continuing the bloodline of the Templars, so to speak.

“Who is it? I asked.
“Can’t say. I made a promise not to.” Nega answered, taking a sip of his beer. “I can tell you this though. Both Jordan and Jon know him well.”
“Huh.” I said, getting ready to leave.
“Beating the tar out of them won’t get you anywhere.” He tried to advise me, but I was gone.

An hour later, I arrived at Jon’s house noticing that the front door was ajar. I quietly entered, extracting my claws in the process. I looked in every room before noticing the light on in Jon’s office and the door slightly open. Jon was being held up by his neck by one of those Hierarchy members while the other one in the room stood by and watched.

“Where is she?” The one holding him demanded to know.
“Screw you.” Jon choked.
“Either you tell us, half-breed....”
“He’s not going to tell you.” I spoke up, entering the room. “Not that he needs to. By the way, you might want to drop him.”
“Or what?” The one who had stood by now hissed.
“Oh, trust me you don’t want to know.” As my being began to glow. “Now put him down!”

The one holding Jon tossed him a side like a rag doll and lunged after me. Only to end up flying through the wall leading outside to the backyard. The same thing happened to his buddy a few seconds later. They both were getting ready to get up and run back in when they looked up and saw Michael and Gabriel standing there with their arms and wings folded.

“Boo.” Michael said and they both scattered, running away scared.
“Michael.” Gabriel shook his head.
“What?” He tried to play dumb.

Gabriel just shook his head as he stepped through the hole in the wall. Michael followed right behind him. Noticing that I was trying to help Jon to his feet.

“Is he okay?” Gabriel asked.
“Yea.” I replied. “I see you got over your fit, Mikey.”

Michael just shrugged his shoulders in response. Gabriel helped me get Jon to the couch in the living room. Leaving Michael to stare at the hole in the wall.

“You do realize once he wakes up he’s gonna wonder why half of his office is in the backyard.” He hollered.
“Then fix it.” I answered, not really giving a damn about the hole in the wall.
“Oh sure. You make the mess and I have to clean it up like usual.” Michael grumbled, holding up his hand.

The wall started to rebuild itself and soon looked brand new. Michael walked out of the office, whistling a little tune while doing so. Gabriel was on my cell phone trying to get a hold of Jordan while I sat next to Jon.

“Saturn....” Mikey began to say.
“Don’t say it.” I interrupted.
“If you hadn’t shown up they would have....”
“Don’t say it.”
“It’s not like them to go this far.”
“Yea, I know.”
“We have to do something. If they continue like this....”
“I don’t want to talk about it right now, Mikey.”
“But...”
“Drop it.” I sharply responded, not taking my eyes off of Jon.

And that’s when Michael saw it. The other side of me that I rarely show. The caring, nurturing, softer side. He tends to forget that I can be this way especially considering when most of the time I’m usually stone cold.

“He’ll be fine.” Michael tried to assure me.
“I know.” I replied. “It’s just....”
“Just what?”
“Nothing.”
“Funny, you get down on others that they worry too much about you but then you turn around and worry about them.”
“He’s only a half-breed, Mikey.” I pointed out.
“I know. It’s just he’s not the only one you’ve been like this with.”
“So?”
“So it’s just nice to see the other side of you once in a while, little sis.” He remarked.

I looked at him puzzled and he just stood there with a smile.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I bluntly responded. “I do need you to do something however.”
“What’s that?” He asked.
“Check on the Familia. Make sure they’re okay. Also get a few angels to keep guard at Joe’s house as well. Chances are they’ll probably strike there as well.”
“Will do. Anything else?”
“Yea. Tell Az to find out who their little Templar friend is.”
“Why?”
“I have my reasons.”
“Okay. Gabs, need anything while I’m out?”

Gabs shook his head in response, still talking on the phone with Jordan. Michael vanished in thin air and I went back to keeping an eye on Jon while silently praying in my mind.

“We have to do something.” Ven said, as her and the rest of the Familia were gathered around in the living room.
“True but question is what? We can’t exactly just go after this Hierarchy.” Leysa replied.
“Maybe I can help.” Someone spoke up, standing in the front doorway.

Everyone looked over and saw Thief. It had been a year and a half since he had decided to travel the world and no one had heard a word from him since. Until now.

“Miss me?” He smiled.

Isis was the first to run up and give him a hug.

“How’s Athena doing?” He asked.
“She’s fine.” Isis answered. “She’s sleeping right now though.”
“So what brings you home?” Tom interrupted.
“This.” He pulled out a flyer out of his jacket pocket and tossed it on the coffee table in front of them. “A couple of Hierarchy members came to see me and personally give me this.”
“Wait, they confronted you...”
“Yea, and I barely got away with my life. Anyway, I want to help.”
“So hold on.” Preston said. “The world almost ended, we traveled to an alternate universe and yet you show up to help out with this? I don’t buy it, what gives?”
“Nothing gives.” Thief calmly replied. “And as for your little adventures, I’ve heard. And I would have been here during that fiasco with the world almost ending but I was busy on the other side of the planet fighting demons as well.”
“Yea, but you wanting to help Saturn? Come on, you two butted heads before you left.”
“Preston.” Berls shook her head.
“What? Let’s be honest here for a minute, he wanted to leave and travel and Saturn was opposed to it. Because why? Because she had a heads up as to Hell breaking loose, so to speak.” Preston brought up. “But Thief being Thief, he left anyway. And do we all remember what Saturn said after he left?”
“Preston.” Pops now warned him.
“She said that if he wasn’t going to listen then he’s on his own. And that she no longer wanted anything to do with him. Even if Berls let him back into the Familia.” Duchess answered.
“Bingo. Give that girl a lollipop.” Preston responded.

Thief didn’t say a word. Just stood there with his arms crossed while staring at Preston.

“What?” Preston asked, feeling the weight of the stare.
“Nothing.” Thief answered. “Just realizing some things never change. Or in this case, grow up. So where is Saturn?”
“She went to Jon’s.” Nega replied.
“Jon? Hold on, I’ve heard about him. Isn’t he Jordan’s brother?”
“Yea. He’s also a half-breed.”
“Half of what and what?”
“Angel and human.”
“So she has another project on her hands, then.” Thief smiled.
“Dad.” Isis shook her head.
“What?” He tried to act dumb.
“You know what.”

Michael now showed up out of nowhere. Folding his wings behind him and noticing Thief at the same time.

“Huh.” He said, walking past him and barely brushing his shoulder.
“Is it me or did it just get cold in here?” Jay sarcastically remarked.
“So what brings you here?” Pops asked Michael.
“We had a problem. Actually Jon did. Saturn showed up and then yea....” Michael answered. “Let’s just say the Hierarchy has decided to go a step further in finding Saturn.”
“How far?”
“Well, a few of them were about to kill Johnny-Boy when Saturn showed up. So you tell me.”
“Damn. They’re not playing are they?” Gordy said, shaking his head.
“No, they’re not.” Michael bluntly replied.

Jordan had shown up with Helena. Even though I tried to have Gabriel assure Jordan that Jon was fine and he didn’t need to show up. He still did anyway. Which I understood considering it was his brother after all.

“What happened?” Jordan asked, noticing Jon was lying unconscious on the couch.
“Gabs already told you.” I answered, getting up and walking into the other room.

Jordan followed right behind me. Helena tried to as well but Gabriel put his hand on her shoulder. She looked over at him and he shook his head.

“So what the hell happened with them not bothering with bystanders or acquaintances?” Jordan asked. “Because from the looks of it they about killed Jon.”
“They went after Leysa, Nega and, Bags as well.” I calmly replied.
“I understand but you have to realize that's my brother laying in there.”

I stared at him for a minute before lowering my head and letting out a sigh.

“Look, the Hierarchy is my problem. I’ll take care of it.” I said. Not wanting to argue.
“That’s where your wrong. It’s no longer just your damn problem. People around you are getting hurt or close to being killed.” He pointed out.
“And again, I’ll take care of it.”
“How?”
“What do you mean how?”
“I mean how do you plan on taking care of this? Because I’ll be damned if I’m going to let you show up in the Abyss and take on the Hierarchy by yourself.”

I took a step back and looked at Jordan like he had lost his mind. Azrael appeared within a flash of light right next to me. Noticing just how quiet it was and the stare I was giving Jordan. It didn’t take him long to put two and two together.

“What did you do?” He asked Jordan.
“Go ahead. Tell him what you just said.” I responded, still not believing what I had heard.

Jordan didn’t say a word. He just stood there with a stone cold look on his face.

“Fine. I’ll tell him.” I continued, realizing he wasn’t going to. “Apparently Jordan thinks he has the right to tell me what I can and can not do. I guess someone put the idea in his head that he’s the boss of me. “
“Uh oh.” Azrael remarked, seeing how red in the face I was getting.
“Last time I checked the only ones I have to answer to are Yeshua and Yahweh.” I went off. “But then I guess I didn’t get the memo that Jordan was all of a sudden in charge. So tell us great leader what’s you’re plan seeing as me going to the Abyss and dealing with the Hierarchy on my own is not an option.”
“I don’t have one.” Jordan answered.
“Did you hear that, Az? The great leader doesn’t have a plan. Why doesn’t that surprise me? I sarcastically remarked.
“It’s just stupid for you to risk yourself like that knowing damn well...”
“It’s what?” I now raised an eyebrow.
“Dude.” Azrael sighed, lowering his head and shaking it.
“If you want to talk stupid. You going and playing spy with Nega, Jon and your little Templar friend in the Abyss was pretty damn stupid.” I continued on. “By the way, who is that little Templar friend of yours you forgot to tell me about?”

Jordan shot Azrael a look and Azrael just shook his head in response.

“That’s right. I found out. Actually Az did for me.” I stated. “Just don’t know who he is. So who is he?”
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Jordan lied.
“Huh. Az, did you find out?”
“Sorry doll. Whoever he is his identity is under lock and key.” Azrael answered. “Did find out though that Joe and a few Familia members besides Nega know him as well. Chances are though they wouldn’t tell you either though.”
“Why not?”
“They were sworn not to.”’
“Why are you so damn determine to know anyway?” Jordan argued.
“I have my reasons.” I answered.
“Like what?”
“I don’t have to tell you.”
“That’s fine. Then I don’t have to tell you who he is.”
“Yes, you do.” I growled.

Jordan raised an eyebrow before letting out a laugh.

“What’s so damn funny?” I continued to growl.
“It kills you that someone else besides you for a change has a secret.” He replied, being pretty smug about it.
“That’s not it.”
“Then what is it?”

I stood there for a minute, not saying a word. Azrael however could tell I was still angry. The look on my face gave that away.

“So what is it?” Jordan asked again.
“Screw you.” I growled before turning around and walking out of the kitchen and heading for the front door. Slamming it behind me as I left.

Jordan and Azrael went back into the living room. Gabriel stood there shaking his head with his arms folded. While Helena sat in a chair in the corner of the room.

“What?” Jordan asked.
“You have no idea.” Gabriel calmly responded.
“Look, it’s not my fault if she....”
“It’s not what you think. She has history with the Templars.”
“So?”
“So she does have her reasons. Granted, she would have given your friend the third degree for helping you out. But that would only have been part of it.”
“And the other part of it?”
“That’s something you have to ask Michael about.”
“Why would I have to ask him?”
“You know the answer to that.”

Joe who was having trouble sleeping after working in the studio all night. Decided to get up and get something to drink. On the way to the kitchen his hand began to glow. Which meant of course that his Seal was trying to warn him of something? As to what, he had no idea. It soon became apparent however when he looked out his kitchen window and saw Ariel and another angel fighting two demons in his backyard. Joe grabbed his cell phone off the kitchen counter and began to dial. Only to leave a message for yours truly a few seconds later. It didn’t take me long to get to his house. When I arrived I found him and Ariel in the kitchen talking.

“Where are they?” I asked, looking around.
“They’re gone.” Ariel replied, knowing who I was talking about.
“Are you okay?” I now asked Joe. “Is your family...?”
“Everyone is fine.” Ariel replied for him. “I had his family moved to a safe location, just in case.”

I raised an eyebrow while I stared at her.

“What?” She said, noticing the look on my face. “You didn’t honestly think you were the only Seraphim who thinks of everything.”
“I guess not.” I answered, some what impressed. “Nice to know you got everything under control.”
“Well, I figured you had enough to deal with. And that includes dealing with my husband’s antics.”
“Yea, he is a handful.” I laughed a little. “Him and Mikey both”
“I heard about Mikey’s fit.” She smiled.
“Don’t remind me.” I shook my head. “So how many Hierarchy members were there?”
“Two.”
“Huh. I wonder if they were the same two I fought at Jon’s.”
“How’s he doing by the way?”
“Still out cold.”
“And how did Jordan...?”
“Don’t want to talk about it...”
“But....”
“Hey Joe, where’s your bathroom?” I ignored Ariel.
“Down the hall, third door on your right.” He answered, taking a seat at the dining room table as he checked his cell phone for missed calls.
“But....” Ariel continued to say.

I kept right on ignoring her while I headed for the bathroom. Shutting the door behind me. Ariel lowered her head and let out a sigh.

“I don’t understand why she would...?” She started to say.
“They had a fight.” Joe spoke up. “That’s why she doesn’t want to talk about him.”
“And how do you know she isn’t mad about something else”

Joe didn’t answer. Instead he got up and headed to the bathroom, knocking on the door.

“What?” I hollered.
“Jordan, wants to know if you’re here.” Joe answered.
“He can go to hell.” I hollered back.

Joe walked back to the dining room table and sat back down in his seat.

“That answer your question.” He calmly responded with a smile.

The Familia and Michael had decided to go to Jon’s house. Hoping to find me there. Jordan, Helena, Azrael and, Gabriel were still around and Jon had yet to wake up.

“Where’s Saturn?” Berls asked, looking around.
“Why don’t you ask him.” Azrael nodded over at Jordan.

Preston saw Helena and quickly made his move.

“And you would be?” He asked in his deep southern accent, putting on the charm.
“Something you’ll never have.” Helena sharply responded.
“Ouch.” Gordy sarcastically remarked.
“So what happened?” Michael questioned Jordan.
“Nothing.” Jordan answered.
“Huh. Can I see you in Jon’s office for a minute?”

Jordan followed Michael into Jon’s office as Michael closed the door behind Jordan.

“Again I’ll ask, what happened?" Michael said. “And don’t say nothing because that won’t fly.”
“You know how Saturn gets.” Jordan answered, sitting behind Jon’s desk and fiddling with some paperclips.
“Yea. I also know how you can push her buttons like she pushes yours.”
“So?”
“So it’s getting out of hand and it needs to stop.”
“Mikey, it’s no big deal.”
“In the beginning I would have agreed with you.” Michael crossed his arms. “But ever since we’ve come back from the other world, it’s like you two want to kill each other.”

Jordan fell silent while he continued to fiddle with the paperclips.

“I know you’re worried about her.” Michael said, letting out a sigh as he lowered his head and shook it. “But you know just like the rest of us that she’s strong willed. Once she makes up her mind about something she does it and no one can stop her. Of course, unless your Yahweh or Yeshua because those are the only two I know of that can.”
“She’s going to go after the Hierarchy.” Jordan replied.
“I know. And between you and me if I was the Hierarchy I’d start praying that she doesn’t rip them apart.”

Jordan looked at Michael with a raised eyebrow.

“If they honestly think they can kill Death. Then they needed a bit of Heavenly education.” Michael calmly remarked with a smile appearing out of the corner of his mouth. “Lord, have mercy on them because they’re going to need it.”
“Gabriel said I should ask you about the history Saturn has with the Templars.” Jordan brought up.
“Ah, she’s still trying to find out the identity of your little friend I take it.” Michael answered.
“You could say that. So what’s the story?”
“She’s looking for something that the Templar Knights once guarded. A scroll that had supposedly been destroyed after the trials and prosecutions of the Templars.” Michael began to explain.
“Why look for something that’s already...?”
“Because fifty years after the trials and prosecutions, there were stories circulating that the scroll had survived.”
“What was the scroll about?”
“Back when Yahweh had John the Apostle write what is now known as Revelations, He had him write about the Seven Seals. Which you can obviously read. The problem is it’s not the full story of the Seals. Apparently when mankind was given the Bible they thought they’d do some editing of their own and because of it the full story of the Seals never came to light.”
“So what’s the full story?”
“There are two set of Seals. And what was left in Revelations didn’t fully explain that.” Michael calmly responded.
“Two sets? How can there be...?”
“Seems when God created the original seven. Lucy decided to create his own.”
“The one that Saturn’s brother had....”
“Was a fake. Cain and his band of misfits, whoever they are, carry the Seven Seals of Hell.”
“And Saturn wanted the scroll because...”
“Because she got sick of been feared by everyone who crossed her path and found out she carried the first Seal. She more than anything wants the rest of the story to be told so those who favor Yahweh have the right to know and don’t fear the Seals that you guys carry.”
“Still don’t understand why she would... I mean if God wanted it to be known....”
“That’s because you haven’t had anyone call you the Anti-Christ to your face.” Michael interrupted in a matter of fact tone. “Or swear that you’re Satan and try to chase you down and kill you. That’s the problem with you humans if something is too surreal. You’d rather leave it out or ignore it so it doesn’t affect your little bubble world. What you humans don’t realize is that everything that Yahweh tried to warn you about.... Anything that will happen will affect you in one way or another. ”

Raphael now appeared within a flash of light. Folding his wings behind him while looking around the room.

“What is it?” Michael asked him.
“I found out who the Leader of the Hierarchy is. Where’s Saturn?” Raphael answered.
“She isn’t here. Who’s the leader?”
“I need to talk to Saturn.”
“Tell us.”
“I can’t.”
“Why not?”
“I just can’t.”
“Raphael.” Michael warned.
“It’s Saturn’s father.” Raphael replied.
“Wait, are you sure?” Michael didn’t quite believe it. “He is after all dead.”
“Yea, well if he’s dead then no one bothered to tell him. Because I just spent the last half an hour fighting him and barely escaped with my wings intact.”
“We’ve got to find Saturn.”
“Before you do, you might want to hear what else I found out.”
“What else more could there be”
“There’s a half-demon named Helena. She is supposedly Cain’s daughter.”
“And?”
“And who do you think brought Saturn’s father back from the grave while he was still around.”
“Hold on, why did Saturn’s father wait to make an appearance until now?” Jordan asked.
“He didn’t wait to. Cain had put him under a slumber and he could have only been awoken if something happened to Cain and Lucy.”
“So what does this have to do with Helena?”
“We think....”
“We?” Michael raised an eyebrow.
“Yea, myself and a few of the other angels think that she knew what her father was up to. And exactly what he had planned for Saturn’s father. So I have a few of our guys looking for her.”

Both Jordan and Michael looked each other. Neither one saying a word.

“What is it?” Raphael asked, feeling something was up.
“She’s here.” Michael finally answered, looking back at Raphael. “She’s in the living room with the others.”

Raphael quickly unsheathes his sword as he headed into the living room. Michael right on his heels and Jordan following behind them.

“Don’t do anything harsh.” Michael warned Raphael.
“Harsh? She’s a half-demon or have you forgotten which side you fight for?” Raphael snapped back.
“No, but unlike you and some of your buddies I don’t jump to conclusions.”
“You’re hanging around humans too much, Mikey.”
“And tell me again why you’re not a General in Heaven’s army, Raph?” Michael smiled.

Raphael noticed Helena and went after her. Michael quickly got in the middle before he could do anything to her.

“Put the sword away.” Michael ordered him.
“I don’t take orders from you.” Raphael sneered.
“Put it away.” Michael said again, not sounding like himself but somewhat like a roll of thunder and a volcano erupting wrapped into one.
“You wouldn’t dare show your true side in front of these humans, Mikey.” Raphael laughed off his warning. “They’d drop dead with fright.”
“Actually.” Spaz spoke up. “We’ve seen it and it doesn’t scare us that much.”
“Well isn’t that nice of you, big brother. So what else are you going to show the humans?” Raphael sarcastically remarked.
“I don’t know. I was thinking about knocking you into that wall over there for starters.” Michael sarcastically remarked.

Raphael was about to strike Michael when he felt a hand grab his wrist. He looked over and saw me standing there while Ariel and Joe appeared within a flash of light.

“Aw, that is so cool!” Drew exclaimed. “I so want to travel like that. Joe, how was it?”

Joe just walked by shaking his head.

“I thought you were going after the Hierarchy.” Jordan said to me.
“I’m not talking to you.” I growled, keeping my sights on Raphael. “Drop the sword, Raph.”

He did so. Realizing that I was dead serious and the last thing he wanted to do was get on my bad side.

“Who told you?” He asked me.
“Who do you think.” I answered. “Even in the bathroom, I can’t get a break. So tell me Raph, why the anger?”
“Michael is betraying our kind.”
“Our kind?”
“He’s protecting that half-breed.” Raphael nodded over at Helena.
“Did you forget, Raph? I was once a half-breed as well.”
“You weren’t a demon, though. Besides, she’s the daughter of.....”
“I know who her daddy is, Raph. I also know what she is. So back off.”
“But....”
“Look, there’s a group of demon assassins out there wanting me dead. Why aren’t you after them?” I retorted.
“Saturn, you don’t understand....” Raphael began to say.
“No, you don’t understand. I have enough crap to deal with. I don’t need to be dealing with your fits on top of it.”
“She has a point.” Azrael spoke up.
“Oh, now you speak up. Why weren’t you and Gabriel helping Michael out?” Ariel snapped at him.
“Hey, we thought he had it under control. Right Gabs?” Azrael tried to play it cool.

Gabriel shook his head in response. Walking away from the little spat that was about to erupt.

“Aw, come on Gabs. How can you leave a brother hanging like that?” Azrael remarked.
“Easy. He isn’t married.” Thief interrupted with a devious grin.

I looked out of the corner of my eye and saw him standing around with the rest of the Familia and couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow. I of course had to concentrate on Raphael. Dealing with Thief would have to take a backseat for now. Raphael now walked over to Helena staring her down.

“I’m watching you.” He said to her.
“And I’m watching you, Raph.” I spoke up.

He looked over his shoulder at me as I calmly stood there with my arms crossed.

“I’m dead serious.” I continued. “If one hair is harmed on her, I’m coming after you.”
“Saturn....” Gabriel began to say.
“Don’t bother wasting your breath, Gabs. Besides, Raph is a big boy. He can take care of himself.”
“I can take you on if I wanted to.” Raphael growled at me.
“And you’d be picking yourself up off the floor like last time.” Michael remarked. “Or did we forget about that, little bro?”

Raphael shot Michael a look and he just smiled in response.

“Unless you’ve got anything to tell me that’s worth a damn.” I said to Raphael. “You can leave.”
“Your father...” Raphael began to respond.
“I already know. What else you got?”
“Nothing really.”
“Good. Leave.”

He stared at me for a minute before vanishing into a flash of light.

“Whoa, that’s a first.” Azrael remarked.
“Speaking of which where is Uriel? Usually he makes his presence known by now.” Gabriel asked, looking around.
“I have him doing me a favor.” I bluntly answered,
“Saturn, about your father....” Ven spoke up.
“It’s my problem. So drop it.” I sneered.

Ven took a step back, fearful of my behavior.

“Sorry.” I apologized, realizing I had scared her. “I didn’t mean to....”
“Saturn, you’re a part of the Familia and as a member....” Berls began to say.
“How’s Jon doing?” I asked, quickly changing the subject while I went over to check on him.
“Still the same since you left.” Azrael replied.
“Huh.” I said touching Jon’s arm with my hand as it began to glow.

I quickly backed off when my senses started to go crazy. Warning me of some unknown danger.

“What is it?” Nega said, noticing the look on my face.
“They poisoned his blood.” I answered. “Must have happened during the fight.”
“What are you talking about?”
“Remember a long time ago Jimmy when that demon poisoned your blood and Mikey and I had to find another demon who can take the poison out.”
“Yea.”
“Well, we’ve pretty much got the same situation here.”
“And what happens if you can’t get the poison out of him?” Jordan spoke up.
“What do you think?” I growled in response, looking over my shoulder at him.
“You’re the Seraphim of Death though. Can’t you just....”
“Just what? Snap my damn fingers like a genie and wish him awake. Doesn’t happen. Seraphims have their limits and crap like this from the Abyss happens to be one of them.”
“So there’s nothing you can do?”
“Actually.” Helena interrupted. “I might be able to help.”

Everyone looked at her with opinions of her already formed in their minds. I could tell she was starting to feel out of place and wanted to disappear into a dark corner somewhere.

“I know how to get the poison out of him.” She continued, feeling the stares she was getting.
“And why would you be so eager to help?” Jay snapped back.
“Shouldn’t you be having a drink somewhere with Raph.” I bluntly remarked, looking at him out of the corner of my eye.

He backed off when he noticed the look I was giving him.

“I owe you.” She said to me. “Let me do this. Please.”

I nodded for her to go ahead and she quickly went over to the couch. She put her hand over his chest as her hand began to glow a black hue.

“What the...?” Phoenix began to say.

The room quickly grew dark and any sign of light from the outside faded. A second had past before I let out a sigh and held up my hand, which began to glow its bright white hue.

“And God said “Light!” And light appeared.” Tom quoted from memory.
“Minister Tom is at it again.” Preston sarcastically remarked.
“Hold your tongue, mortal.” Gabriel warned.
“Please what could…?”
“Shut up.” I growled at him, keeping my eyes on Helena and what she was doing.
“Yes ma’am.” He quickly backed down.
“How about enough with the dramatics of Hell and more with healing the man.” I sneered at Helena.
“I’m trying….” She started to say. “You’re the Seraphim of Death, you should know matters like these aren’t easy.”

I couldn’t come back with anything because I knew she was right. The darkness that had blanketed the room and about everything else left and Helena’s hand stopped glowing.

“Are you okay?” I asked, noticing how ghostly white her face was.
“Yea. Just feeling a little light headed.” She replied, getting up and heading into the kitchen to get a drink of water.

I nodded at Michael to follow her just in case. Jon around this time slowly began to wake up. Sitting up and feeling a bit groggy.

“Welcome back to the livin, Johnny-Boy.” I spoke up.
“I didn’t die.” He responded, looking around. “And why is everyone in my house?”
“We were getting ready to prepare your wake.” Nega sarcastically remarked.
“Jim.” Berls warned, shaking her head.
“Again, I didn’t die.” Jon tried to make a point of it.
“No, but you almost did.” I calmly stated.
“So then I take it you brought me back.”
“Actually, she didn’t.” Gabriel interrupted.
“Then who did?” Jon asked.
“A half-demon.”

Raphael was now walking through the cemetery when he noticed an angel standing under the statue of the Angel of Death. It wasn’t until he got closer that he realized the angel was no other than Jophiel. A fellow Archangel and a close friend of both Metatron and Michael.

“What are you doing here by yourself?” Raphael asked her.
“I’m not here alone.” She answered, staring at him with her piercing green eyes. “Mets is around.”
“Really? So then what brings you here?”
“Actually, looking for you.”

A sly smile crossed Raphael’s lips and Jophiel just let out a sigh as she shook her head....

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Re: POETRY FAMILIA 17

Post by LadySaturn » Thu May 17, 2012 1:51 pm

“Don’t get ahead of yourself, wing boy. Yahweh wants to see you and he’s sent almost every angel out looking for you.” Jophiel explained.
“Why?”
“I don’t know maybe because you raised your weapon against Michael.”
“So?”
“So you know there’s a law against that.”
“He was protecting a demon.”
“Still gave you no right.” Metatron spoke up from behind Raphael.

Raphael turned around only to come face to face with him.

“As far as I see it, I had every right.” Raphael sneered.
“Again, Yahweh wants to see you.” Metatron remained calm, knowing full well that Raphael was trying to get under his skin.
“Big deal. The old man can wait.”

Dark storm clouds began to roll in over head as thunder could be heard in the distance. Raphael looked up just in time to dodge a lightning bolt heading straight for him.

“No, He can’t.” Metatron said.

I had decided to go take sit on the back porch and take a cigar break. There was a lot I needed to figure out. No sooner was I getting use to being alone when I noticed someone sitting down next to me. I looked at him out of the corner of my eye but didn’t say a word.

“So I take it you’re still angry with me.” Thief broke the silence.
“No. Lucky for you, I am currently angry at Jordan.”
“Ah, another marriage spat I take it.” He tried to joke.
“Not funny.” I growled.
“Sorry. Have to admit though the fight we had could have been classified as such.”
“So how was your little vacation?” I retorted. “Did you get rested up? I hope so and just so you know why you were chasing exotic women and drinking yourself into a slumber, the rest of us fought demons and traveled to some God forsaken world.”
“Hey, I was fighting the same demons you were during that whole end of the world episode. I was just on the other side of the planet doing so.”
“Yea, but we could have used you here.” I bluntly pointed out.
“Damn it Saturn, of all people I thought you would....” He started to say but stopped himself short. “I guess I was wrong about you.”

Thief got up to head inside while I continued to smoke my cigar.

“So did you find the answers you were looking for?” I asked him, right before he went in.

Holding the screen door open with one hand, he stopped himself.

”Well, did you?” I asked again.
“No. If anything just more questions.” He finally answered.
“Huh.”
“I also heard some stories through.” A devious smile crossed his face.
“I’m sure you did. But do us both a favor and keep them to yourself.” I calmly responded, not letting him get to me.
“I don’t know.....”
“You enjoy breathing you’ll keep your trap shut.”
“Fair enough.” He deviously grinned while going inside.
“Smartass.” I muttered under my breath.

Azrael had decided to check up on Uriel. More as a favor to me than anything else. I wanted to make sure that everything was kosher so to speak. Seeing as the city seemed to be crawling with Hierarchy members. I didn’t let the others in on where Az had gone. Mostly because if they had known then so would have Ariel. And to put it bluntly, I thought he could use a break from getting the third degree from the Mrs. An eerie feeling came over Azrael as he arrived at the apartment building. As he walked the halls looking for the apartment number he couldn’t help but notice how quiet it was. Usually there would be some sort of noise but it was dead silence. Like something had scared everyone off. Az had a feeling as to what that something was. He reached the end of the hall on the first floor when he felt something following behind him. He quickly turned around and saw a kitten no more than seven months old right on his heels. It sat there staring up at him. Not phased at all by his wings.

“And where did you come from? Azrael said to the kitten.

It meowed in response as it began to clean its face. Azrael turned around and let out a sigh while he continued to head up to the second floor. The kitten started to follow him once again and a smile appeared out of the corner of his mouth. You could say the Archangel of Death has a heart for four-legged creatures especially if they happen to be cute little kittens. He doesn’t show it because if he did chances are he’d get teased by the other angels for it. But I’ve caught him from time to time taking in a stray and helping it find a home. Cat, dog, whatever. There were plenty of times he’d come to me and ask if he could use my cabin to keep an animal there until he figured things out. He also had me swear to never tell a soul. Which I haven’t until now. Oops. Azrael finally found the apartment at the end of the second floor hall. The door had been knocked off its hinges and the inside of the apartment looked like it had gone through some sort of war. The kitten was the first one to discover the blood trail in the hall led to the bathroom. Azrael quickly picked the kitten up before it could even mess with the blood and set it on the couch as he headed for the bathroom. He found Uriel laying the bathtub covered in blood and nursing his wounds.

“Son of a...” Uriel cursed under his breath, pouring some alcohol on a wound.
“What happened?” Azrael asked.
“Hierarchy members jumped me.” Uriel answered through clenched teeth while the alcohol seeped into a deep wound. “You know having this physical body sucks. What I wouldn’t give to have...”
“Where’s Titan?” Azrael interrupted.
“Don’t know. He wasn’t here when I arrived.”
“Are you sure?”
“Look the only ones here were those demon rejects.”

Azrael noticed all the blood on the bathroom floor and couldn’t help but wonder how Uriel was still alive.

“Don’t worry. Not all of it’s mine.” Uriel assured him, as a smile appeared out of the corner of his mouth. “Those rejects left here with a few battle wounds of their own.”

Uriel tried to laugh but found it difficult to do so because of the pain he was in. Azrael pulled out his cell phone and started to dial.

“Who you calling?” Uriel asked.
“Saturn.” Az answered.
“Good. You can tell her I need a vacation.” Uriel sarcastically remarked.

When I received the call I snuck out without being detected. The last thing I wanted to deal with was twenty questions from the Familia, Richie-Rich and everybody else. It didn’t take me long to find the apartment. Azrael led me to the bathroom where Uriel continued to lay in the tub and tend to his wounds.

“Are you okay?” I asked.
“Fine. These are nothing more than scratches.” Uriel replied with a smile, noticing the worried look on my face.

I didn’t say a word just lowered my head and let out a sigh.

“What?” He asked.
“Nothing.” I flat out answered. “Az, take Uriel to my cabin and make sure he stays there.”
“Will do.” Az spoke up, trying to make sure the little kitten by his feet didn’t go into the bathroom.
“Saturn, I can....”Uriel began to say.
“No, you can’t.” I quickly interrupted. “You’re out of commission until you’re fully healed. That’s an order.”
“I don’t take orders from you. I get my orders from...”
“Don’t make me pull rank, Uriel.” I warned.

He looked at me for a minute. Realizing that I meant business he thought it best not to argue any further.

“Can I have a nurse until I get better?” Uriel said with a sly smile.
“Yea, Az.” I replied.
“That’s not what I meant....”
“By the way, where’s my brother?”
“Got me. He wasn’t here when I arrived. I did find something out however. Actually, one of those demon spawn let it slip.”
“What is it?”
“You know I’m starting to forget maybe if I had a cute little nurse... Maybe....”
“Uriel.” I warned in a low growl.
“Fine. The little manhunt for was nothing more than a ruse. Seems they needed to keep you out of the way while they went searching for something.”
“And that something would be?”
“Don’t know. That’s something that didn’t slip out.”
“Huh.”

Both Jordan and Nega sat in Jordan’s car in front of the apartment building. They had followed me earlier and were now waiting for me to come out.

“So how long do you think she’s been in there?” Nega asked.
“About an hour.” Jordan replied, checking his watch.

It started to rain and both sat there bored out of their minds. Jim was getting ready to fall asleep when Jordan decided to get out of the car and headed into the building. Nega followed and started to yawn a little as he did so. They found the apartment and noticed the blood. Neither one had to say a word. They pretty much knew what the other one was thinking.

“No way.” Nega shook his head, not wanting to believe it.

I now came out of the bedroom, coughing a little and almost startling both Jordan and Nega. I stopped dead in my tracks when I noticed they were in the apartment. I stood there with my arms folded and an eyebrow raised.

“It was his idea.” Nega quickly nodded over at Jordan.

I lowered my head and closed my eyes. Taking a deep breath and trying not to lose my cool.

“Saturn, are you okay?” Nega asked.
“Yea.” I answered.
“So what the hell happened?” Jordan interrupted, looking around.
“Jimmy, did you hear that?” I calmly stated, ignoring Jordan.
“Saturn...”
“Can you kindly tell your buddy over there that I’m still not talking to him.” I said to Nega.
“Hey, I’m not getting into the middle of this.” Nega replied, as he headed out into the hallway. “You two need to talk it out amongst yourselves.”

As soon as Nega left, the room quickly became silent.

“Sorry.” I said, breaking the silence.
“What?” Jordan responded, not believing what he had just heard.
“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have blown up like I did.” I said calmly. “I know you were just trying to look out for me as usual and I acted like a complete ass.”
Jordan was taken back by my apology. And I could tell by the look on his face he didn’t know what to make of it.

“They beat the crap out of Uriel.” I continued. “He’ll be okay but my brother is....”
“Saturn...” Jordan noticed me staring at something on the floor.

I walked over and picked it up. Staring at it for a minute or two before it finally hit me.

“What is it?” Jordan asked.
“A ring that belongs to a demon I thought was dead.” I sneered. “I guess I didn’t kill all of Lucy’s Generals after all. Question is what is it doing here?”
“Maybe your brother killed the demon and took it as a memento.”
“Maybe. We’ve gotta go. Now.”
“Why what’s....?”
“I’ll explain on the way. Let’s go.”

Berls sat at the dining room table, checking her phone every minute. Thief noticed and sat down across from her. She tried to ignore him at first but it was obvious he wasn’t going to go away. Everybody else were either sitting around in the other room or hanging out on the back porch. Gabriel had advised all of them to stay close just in case the Hierarchy decided to make another appearance.

“I’m sure they’re okay.” Thief tried to reassure Berls.
“Yea, you’re probably right.” She replied, putting her phone away. “It still would be nice to know what’s going on though.”
“Look Berls, I want to thank you for not...” Thief changed the subject.
“Before you say one more word I feel I should stop you,” She interrupted. “Saturn wasn’t the only one who disapproved of you leaving when you did. Unlike her however, I wasn’t about to stop you. You’re a grown man and I can’t tell you what to do.”
“I appreciate that...”
“However, I also felt that Saturn was doing enough fighting for everyone in the Familia when she confronted you. Now with that said how was your vacation?”

Suddenly Preston walked by, looking around.

“What’s the matter?” Berls asked.
“Can’t find the half-demon.” Preston responded, looking under the table and chairs and even peaking into the kitchen. “Trying to find out where she went to.”
“She’s resting in Jon’s bedroom, Texan.” Thief spoke up.
“You lost that right to call me that when you left.” Preston sneered at him.
“Aww, I’m hurt.”
“Keep it up and you will be.”
“Sure you want to go there, hick?”
“If that isn’t the....”
“ENOUGH!” Berls interrupted the both of them as she felt a headache coming on. “Preston leave. Now.”
“But...” Preston tried to plead his case.
“Go.”

Noticing that Berls wasn’t going to put up with his antics, he left. Heading straight for Jon’s bedroom as he did so. Michael came out of the room just in time to stop him from going in.

“Whoa and where do you think you’re going?” Michael questioned.
“I need to go in.” Preston tried to push his way past Michael. “Move.”
“First off, Seal Carrier or not I don’t take orders from humans. And second, you need to watch your tone with me.”
“And if I don’t?”
“You don’t want to know, human.” Michael calmly stated.
“Whatever. I need to see Helena.” Preston brushed off his threat.
“Can I ask you something?” Michael said, crossing his arms.
“What?”
“What is it with you and your obsession with half-breed women?”
“I don’t have an obsession.”
“Huh. So having the hots for Saturn and then now having the hots for Helena is what?”
“It’s not like that.”
“Huh, could have fooled me. Let me give you a piece of advice, Texan. Keep it in your pants.”
“Or what?” Preston now stared him down.
“Again, watch your tone.”
“Make me.”

Before Preston knew what hit him, Michael was holding him up by his neck. Squeezing so Preston could barely breathe.

“Don’t push it, human.” Michael growled. “If you weren’t carrying a Seal, you’d be dead by now.”

He let go of Preston and headed towards the kitchen. Leaving Preston to try to regain his composure. Bags came out of the bathroom around this time and was whistling a tune. He had overhead what had gone on in the hallway and couldn’t help but walk by with a smile on his face.

“Why are you so damn happy about?” Preston retorted, noticing it.
“Nothing.” Bags calmly answered as he continued to walk on by.

Helena was now laid up in Johnny-Boy’s bed. She had passed out in the kitchen earlier after helping bring Johnny-Boy back from the dead so to speak. Which I knew would happen. Once being a half-breed myself, I knew what it was like to go above and beyond. I had done it one too many times but the difference is I always had Mikey there to watch my back. Which is rare considering most are left to fend for themselves and have absolute no one there to look out for them especially if they happen to be half-demon.

“What...?” Helena began to say, sitting up in bed and rubbing her eyes.
“You passed out.” Jon calmly spoke up, sitting in a chair in the corner of the room.
“Huh.” She said, trying to get herself together as she got out of bed.
“So why did you do it?” Jon asked.
“Do what?”
“Bring me back from the dead. Why did you do it?’
“I have my reasons.”
“And they would be?” Jon raised an eyebrow.
“Nothing you should concern yourself with, I assure you.” She calmly replied. “So where’s Saturn?”
“She’s out.”
“And your brother?”
“Same.”
“Can I ask you something?” Helena sat down on the edge of the bed.
“What?” Jon said, continuing to smoke his cigarette.
“What’s the story with those two? I know they’re not married but...”
“They act like it.”
“Yea.”

Jon laughed a little as the cigarette smoke circled above his head like a halo.

“What’s so funny?” Helena asked.
“Nothing.” Jon calmly answered.

Jordan, Nega and I had now arrived at what seemed to be a dive of an apartment complex. Actually, if anything it looked more like a building that junkies would live in. As we walked the halls both Nega and Jordan followed behind me.

“So this is where your source lives. Nice.” Nega sarcastically remarked.
“Not now, Jim.” I warned in a low growl as I found the apartment and banged on the door. “Besides, it’s just one of my sources.”
“How many...?”
“ZERO!” I hollered. “OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR NOW!”

No response. I kicked the door down as both Jordan and Nega stood back.

“Well, that’s one way to gain entrance.” Nega stated.
“Saturn....” Jordan began to say.
“Hold on. Stay.” I interrupted him, sniffing the air as I headed for the bedroom.

I entered the bedroom and went over to the closet. Opening the door and seeing Zero coward on the floor like a frightened animal. Something had scared him out of his mind and that’s when the scent of Hierarchy members filled my senses.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

Zero didn’t answer. He just kept rocking back and forth, cradling himself. I lowered my head and let out a sigh. Realizing that whatever they had done to him had caused him to lose his mind. I closed the door and went back into the living room where Jordan and Nega were waiting.

“So did you find him?” Nega said, noticing the look on my face.
“Yea.” I replied, walking past them.
“And?”

I stopped dead in my tracks and lowered my head, letting out a sigh.

“Saturn?”
“He’s no longer reliable.”
“Because he’s been lying, is that it?”
“No, because the Hierarchy got to him.” I bluntly responded.
“So?” Nega said. “What does that have to...?”
“His mind is gone, Jim.”

Both Nega and Jordan looked at each other. Neither one said a word but each one pretty much knew what the other was thinking. I headed out into the hall while lighting up a cigar.

“I’m getting too damn old for this.” I grumbled.

Meanwhile on the other side of town, Raphael fell out of the sky and landed hard on his face. Yahweh had punished him for his disobedience by making him human on a temporary basis. Which seemed fitting considering that Raphael was one of the few angels that opted out of ever experiencing life as a human. He now got to his feet and began to brush himself off, noticing his hands. They looked more human than anything. He looked up and saw his reflection in a shop’s window and realized that he could honestly be thought of as someone in his late thirties. A couple of women who were walking by couldn’t help but check him out as they walked by. He raised an eyebrow, somewhat taken back by this.

“Ah, so I take it Yahweh decided to make you human for a bit.” Azrael spoke up, appearing next to him.
“Get lost.” Raphael snapped back.
“Hey, look at it this way at least you’ll get to know what it’s like to be human. Maybe even learn a lesson or two. Besides, from the looks of it you’re starting to get some admirers.” Azrael nodded over at a couple of girls who were across the street whispering to one another while checking out the both of them.
“Yea, well I wish Yahweh wouldn’t have....” Raphael began to complain.
“Don’t even go there, Raph. He could have done the same thing to you that he did to Lucy when he banished him. Ugliness and all.”
“Screw you.”
“Hey, I’m just saying.”

I now walked through downtown with Jordan and Nega following behind me. I had lead them through the back alleyways to a run down Pub.

“Stay here.” I ordered both Jordan and Nega.
“Saturn, what is this...?” Jordan began to ask.
“A place where lost or exile demons come to.” Nega spoke up in response.
“Didn’t know you knew about this place, Jim.” I calmly stated.
“Come on, Saturn. Have you already forgotten what I was?” Nega remarked, with a sly smile.
“No, I haven’t. That’s why I want you to stay here with Jordan.”
“But...”
“I don’t need you causing trouble, Jim.”
“And why can’t I go in?” Jordan asked.
“Are you kidding me? They sense that you’re human and carrying a Seal on top of it, they’d have a field day with you.” I pointed out. “Stay put.”

I went into the building before either one of them could argue their case. I was not about to draw attention and I didn’t need them to do the same. I walked in and noticed everyone in their human disguise. The scent of demon filled the air however and my senses made me aware of it. I found who I was looking for sitting in a booth in a dark corner of the Pub. Sipping on his drink like it was his last. I calmly sat down across from him.

“I take it they got to him.” He calmly said. “And that’s why you’re here. You need answers.”
“You could say that. So I’m wondering why you’re sniffing around.” I threw the ring on the table in front of him. “Would also like to know how you became exiled?”
“I didn’t.” He lied.
“Bull. I killed every General of Hell and I would have killed you as well but you weren’t there. So how did you become exiled and why are you sniffing around?”
“Wait, how did you know I’d be here?”
“I took my chances. Now answer, Crocell.”

He looked at me for a minute and I knew it had probably been awhile since anyone spoke his name. You see Crocell use to be the Greatest of the Great Generals in Hell. He was just as ruthless as Lucy if not more. He was also one of the original fallen. Those who were banished right alongside Lucy. And just like Lucy, Crocell and I have history as well.

“The day your father was killed is the day I was exiled.” He calmly stated. “I tried to save the old man and got the boot for it.”
“But why would you...?”
“I owed your father. However, your uncle Levi....”
“He’s not my uncle.” I growled.
“Fine. Levi found out what I was up to and told Cain and I got kicked out of Hell for it.”
“I don’t believe you.”
“I wasn’t asking you to. I’m just answering your question. Now as to why I’m sniffing around well I have my reasons.”
“And they would be?” I sneered.
“Can’t say.” He calmly replied.

I laid my hand on the table in front of him with my claws extracted and began to glow an all familiar white hue. He looked at me as I sat there stone face.

“You wouldn’t dare cause a ruckus up in here.” He said, downing his drink and setting the glass on the table.
“You forget what my father was like.”
“And?”
“And like father like daughter.” I growled.

Crocell looked at me for a minute before chuckling a little.

“What’s so damn funny?” I continued to growl.
“Nothing.” He shook his head. “Actually, there was this bet going around in Hell on how long you would last in filling in your father’s shoes. Anyway, there’s gonna be a lot of pissed off demons.”
“Why?”
“You know why.” He calmly stated. “So I’ll tell you while I was sniffing around.”

I sat back and raised an eyebrow sheathing my claws in the process.

“I’m a very complex demon, you know that by now.” He deviously smiled. “Then again, look at who I’m talking to.”
“So what are you up to?” I got to the point.
“Not so much what I’m up to as to what I have been doing.” He corrected me. “I’ve been following the Hierarchy for some time and I can assure you in saying that your father isn’t the leader that much I know.”
“So why did Zero...”
“They had him under their thumb, little Seraphim. They’ve been having you go on a goose chase since the beginning.”
“And having a price on my head was part of that goose chase I take it.”
“But of course. Wouldn’t be like the Hierarchy if they didn’t screw with someone’s head.”
“So who is their leader?” I questioned.
“Your guess is as good as mine.” Crocell bluntly answered. “No one has been able to see his face.”
“His?”
“Well, everyone know it’s a he just not who it is.”
“So why use my father... and my brother....”
“They know how to get under your skin, Saturn.” Crocell now waved at a waitress to bring him another drink. “They know more about you than you think.”
“Why take my brother though? What could they possibly want?”
“They want a Templar or the kin of one.”
“But why?”
“Because they know like every other demon that God’s sword is now untouchable to demons. Yahweh made sure of that before he had you hand the sword over to that half-breed.” Crocell explained.
“Wait, how did you know about that?” I raised an eyebrow.
“Word gets around.” Crocell said with a sly smile. “Word also has it that only a holy man such as a Templar or his kin can touch the sword along with any Seraphim, Seal Carrier or your half-breed friend. And since the Hierarchy knows that having a Seal Carrier, your half-breed friend, or even a Seraphim side with them especially you is out of the question. Well, they have decided to go after a Templar or at least the kin of one.”
“But I don’t know the kin of any Temp...” I stopped short from saying before it hit me.
“That’s right those in your circle do.” Crocell remarked. “I’d have a talk with them if I were you.”

I got up to leave and Crocell stopped me by grabbing my arm. I looked at him like he was crazy to even do so.

“Is it true that Helena is with you and your Familia?” He asked as he let go of my arm.
“Yea, why?” I responded.
“Because she’s wanted by the Hierarchy for crashing one of their events and killing a couple of their members.”
“And you’re telling me this why?”
“She needs your help, Saturn. She’s just too damn stubborn to ask for it.”
“And again, you’re telling me this why?”
“Because I know you. If someone needs help, you’ll help them. Besides, you’ve got a reputation for helping half-breeds. Angel or demon.”

Jordan and Nega around this time came walking in through the front door. The whole place quickly fell silent as all eyes focused on the both of them. Some of the demons began to hiss as they sensed Jordan. That’s when I cleared my throat which got everyone’s attention and they realized real fast that they needed to stay put or have to face the wrath of a Seraphim. Something these demons were trying their best to avoid seeing as it would bring an army of angels and the possibility of Yahweh’s wrath as well.

“Saturn, I tried to...” Nega began to explain.
“Both of you outside. Now.” I growled.

Neither one said a word as they left. I could see Crocell chuckling a little out of the corner of my eye while I lowered my head and let out a sigh as I followed Nega and Jordan outside. No sooner had we stepped outside, Michael showed up out of the clear blue.

“What are you doing here?” I questioned.

Michael didn’t respond instead he threw a box in front of us. As it fell on its side, the lid popped off and a head rolled out.

“What the...?” Jordan stopped short from finishing.

I quickly recognized who it was and so did Nega and Jordan.

“It was left on Jon’s doorstep.” Michael spoke up. “Saturn, I....”

I stood in front of the head, looking down at it for a minute.

“Huh.” I finally managed to say.
“Saturn, maybe you should....” Nega began to point out.
“Its okay, Jim.” I assured him I was all right. “They want a war I’ll just give them one.”

Nega and Jordan looked at each other. Afraid to say anything while Michael folded his arms and let a smile appear out of the corner of his mouth.

“Jordan, you might want to call your Templar friend.” I suggested. “And while you’re at it you also might want to tell me who he is.”
“Why?” Jordan asked.
“Because they’re after him.” I calmly answered.

Berls and the others were still trying to get over seeing the little present that was left by the Hierarchy on the front door step.

“Why would they kill Saturn’s brother?” Duchess asked. “What sense does it make?”
“Don’t know.” Sam spoke up. “I do know there some sick bastards for doing so.”

Helena walked into the room around this time and couldn’t help but over hear the conversation going on. She knew all to well why but didn’t say a word. Instead she left but not without both Jon and Thief on her heels. She stepped out on the back porch to get some fresh air.

“You know don’t you?” Jon spoke up.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She lied.
“Bull.” Thief replied. “You know. Now what is it?”
“It’s a warning to Saturn.” Helena started to explain. “If they don’t get what they want then more will die.”
“I thought they didn’t bother with....”
“Usually they don’t but if whatever they’re after has gotten them breaking their own laws. Then it isn’t good.”

Raphael and Azrael were walking the streets of downtown Boston when they noticed a couple of Hierarchy members trying to pass off as human leaving a bar. Neither Az nor Raphael had to say a word to one another. They both began to follow the members who quickly sensed Az and Raphael but made no attempt to stop them. Pretty soon it would be evident as to why.

“So who is he?” I now asked Jordan again as we were in his car as we cruised through the streets.

Michael and Nega sat in the backseat and neither one were saying a word as I continued to grill Jordan.

“You mean who are they?” Jordan corrected me, as a smile crept up out of the corner of his mouth while he continued to drive and text on his cell phone.
“What?”
“There are two of them. One you already know.”
“Who?”
“Terry for one.”
“Wait, Thief is a... We have to go back to Jon’s house.”
“Don’t worry. He’s safe. I’ve got that under control.”

I raised an eyebrow and Jordan just continued to smile.

“You’re not the only one who can make plans.” He pointed out.
“So who’s the other one?” I asked.
“You’ll see.”

We pulled up to a nice looking house in a nice looking neighborhood. As we got out of the car and headed towards the front door I couldn’t help but look around. With the city crawling with Hierarchy members I wanted to be sure we weren’t being followed or at least none were around to spot us. Jordan just walked into the home and Michael, Nega and I hesitantly followed right behind him.

“Dude, just walk up into somebody’s home.” Nega sarcastically remarked.
“Something’s not right.” Jordan said, looking around.

It took a second before my senses went off and I picked up on the familiar scent that Jordan couldn’t quite pinpoint.

“Hierarchy members.” I growled, retracting my claws so quick that it made both Nega and Michael jump a little.
“They’re gone.” Jordan responded.
“Or they’d want you to believe that.” I pointed out. “Everyone split up and look around. If you find one holler for me.”
“But...”
“Holler for me.” I said again, heading for the other side of the house.
“Something tells me Saturn is pissed.” Nega remarked.
“You think.” Michael retorted.

I headed to the second floor and noticed drops of blood leading into a bedroom. I quietly approached not quite sure at what I was going to find exactly. I slowly opened the door and entered the room. Following the drops of blood that stopped in the middle of the room. The door behind me slammed shut and I quickly turned around and noticed someone standing there somewhat worse for wear. He was staring me down and I just raised an eyebrow realizing that this was probably Richie-Rich’s Templar friend. No sooner had I realized this I feel to my knees in pain as my head began to hurt. Apparently, this Templar had some psionic abilities and he wasn’t to shy on letting me know. My being began to glow as I fought back the mental attack. Slowly getting back up on my feet, I lunged at him and a fight broke out. Michael, Nega and Jordan all heard the commotion going on and quickly headed to the bedroom. Nega kicking the door down in the process. When they entered the room, the little Templar and I had literally beaten the crap out of each other. Michael got in the middle stopping the both of us from going any further and actually killing one another.

“What the hell happened?” Jordan asked.
“You’re little friend tried to get in my head and kill me.” I flat out answered, spitting some blood out of my mouth.
“I thought you were one of those demons.” The Templar spoke up.
“Don, I texted you that we were coming.” Jordan said.
“So wait she’s...”
“Yea, she is.”
“So you’re the Seraphim of Death.” Don grinned turning his attention back on me. “Huh, I thought you’d be a cute little blonde.”
“Dead man.” Nega coughed.
“What could she possibly...?”

Before he could even finish he found himself flying across the room and being slammed into the wall. Everyone looked over at me and I just walked past them and out of the room. Heading downstairs to the kitchen to wash up in the kitchen sink.

“What the hell is wrong with her?” Don asked, getting himself together. “I was kidding.”
“Yea, well she has sort of a temper.” Michael answered.
“Sort of?” Nega retorted, shaking his head. “More like...”
“Jim.”
“But...”
“Don’t.”
“So what happened with the Hierarchy?” Jordan asked Don.
“They jumped me as soon as I got home.” Don explained. “And I gave them a taste of what I accidentally did to your little friend.”
“I have a name, Templar.” I spoke up, entering the room again.
“Crap, here we go again.” Michael whispered under his breath as he lowered his head and shook it.
“And I do too. So what’s your point?” Don remarked.
“Dude.” Nega shook his head.
“Funny.” I flat out responded. “Keep it up and you’ll be kissing that wall again, Templar.”
“I’ll be able to screw with your head again before that happens.” He deviously grinned.

Before I could make a move, Jordan got in between Don and me.

“Move.” I continue to growl.

Jordan just crossed his arms as he looked at me out of the corner of his eye. He didn’t have to say a word. I pretty much knew what he was thinking. I backed off and Don just stood there with a smile on his face.

“Keep him the hell away from me.” I growled at Jordan, before leaving the room.

I left the house and began to head to Jon’s place. I knew if the Hierarchy couldn’t get Richie-Rich’s friend they’d go after Thief. Meaning not only would he be in danger but the others as well. And I would have been damned if I was going to let that happen. Jordan watched from the bedroom window, lowering his head and letting out a sigh. He knew where I was going.

“I’m too old for this shit.” He said under his breath.
“Not as old as me.” Michael spoke up. “You’ve only dealt with her for how many years. I’ve got you beat by eons.”

Jordan’s cell phone went off and he just shook his head.

“Hell, why not. It’s not like I’m dealing with enough as it is.” He remarked, reading the text message.

A look washed over his face that had Don, Michael and Nega all take notice.

“What is it?” Michael asked.
“We’ve got to get back to Jon’s.” Jordan answered, quickly heading for the door.
“But...”
“NOW!”

I had decided to take flight and travel to Jon’s house that way. Seemed much quicker than walking and not only that I didn’t want to waste any more time. I landed on my feet and folded my wings behind me. Quickly realizing something wasn’t right as I looked around. It was too quiet. There would be some sort of commotion going on Talking, laughing, something. As I quietly entered the home, I made sure not to draw attention to myself. That’s when the scent of Hierarchy hit me dead on. I slowly retracted my claws continuing to creep through the house. I opened the door to Jon’s office only to feel something phase through me. I turned around to see Jon standing behind me with Yahweh’s sword in his hand. Joe, Thief and Helena walked out of the office as well.

“Damn it, Jon.” I growled getting ready to beat the crap out of him until I saw the other three out of the corner of my eye. “What happened?”
“The Hierarchy took the Familia.” Thief explained. “Said to either give them the Templar and sword or else there will be more bloodshed.”
“Really? And they couldn’t tell you were a Templar, Terrance.” I pointed out.
“Saturn, what are you talking about?” Joe asked.
“Seems our friend here is a Templar and forgot to mention it to anyone.” I replied, staring Thief down. “So what did you hide? Because if you hadn’t chances are they could have sniffed you out. Unless of course you hid like some coward.”
“I’m not a coward.” Thief sneered. “You don’t understand.”

Without responding, I turned back around, snatched the sword out of Jon’s hand and began to leave.

“Where are you going?” Jon asked.
“To fix things.” I calmly answered.

Jordan, Don, Nega and, Michael arrived at Jon’s house shortly after. Helena filled them in on what had happened and what I had said.

“We’ve got to get into the Abyss.” Nega remarked after Helena was done explaining.

“I don’t think we need to. The Hierarchy didn’t take the Familia in to the Abyss.” Michael spoke up. “They don’t allow humans in the Abyss. Captives or otherwise it’s a rule with them. All though they do have a place that acts as a go between. A place that.... I think I know where they’ve taken the Familia and where Saturn is going.”

Raphael and Azrael were now being brought forth in front of the entire Hierarchy right alongside the Familia.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” Preston asked Azrael.
“Take a guess, Texan.” Azrael answered in a sarcastic tone.
“What happened to your wings?” Spaz asked Raphael, noticing that he didn’t have them.
“He’s being taught a lesson.” Azrael stated before Raphael could say a word.
“Oh.”

The Leader of the Hierarchy now entered the room. Wearing a hooded robe to hide their identity and one of the Hierarchy members walked next to them. The leader stopped and stood in front of the Familia. Looking at each one.

“Bow before our leader, waste of flesh.” One of the Hierarchy members demanded of the Familia, trying to push Sam onto his knees.

Sam turned around and swung at the Hierarchy member sending him flying across the room while Sam transformed into his cyborg form. The other Westie Boys quickly jumped in, getting ready to attack any Hierarchy member that jumped Sam. The other Familia members soon tried to follow suit but Berls stopped them from doing so. The Westie Boys were quickly defeated and soon found themselves kissing the ground as Hierarchy members held them down. As the Leader of the Hierarchy whispered to the member next to them, Spaz noticed something out of the corner of her eye in the shadows of the room. Tom had noticed it too. It was Ravyn perched on the rocks above. And if Ravyn was nearby then they knew that someone else wasn’t too far behind.

“Kill them!” One Hierarchy member shouted as the others begin to start in.

The Leader raised their hand to quiet down the mob as the member next to them began to speak.

“The Leader advises that it would be wise to keep them alive.” The member began to explain. “They are the only leverage we have to get both the Templar and sword.”
“What about the Seraphim of Death?” Somebody shouted from the group.
“When she arrives we’ll be ready for her.” The member assured everyone.

Ravyn had now taken flight without being seen as she headed for the exit. Flying through a tunnel and right outside. I waited a few yards away while she landed on my arm letting out a caw. I had sniffed the Hierarchy out earlier and in the process ended up at the cave. I now kept my eyes on the two Hierarchy members guarding the entrance of the cave as Ravyn stopped cawing and flew up on the tree branch above my head. I held tight to Yahweh’s sword in my hand as I quietly approached both the members. Taking them out swiftly before they could alert anyone. I entered the cave with Ravyn flying right behind me. As I walked through the cave, I could tell a portion of the cave had been reconstructed into rooms. Some of them looking like prisons. Whatever the Hierarchy was planning gave me a sick feeling that it had to with mankind. My cell phone began to vibrate and I quickly answer it.

“What?” I answered in a whisper, hiding behind some boulders.
“Where are you?” Jordan asked.
“Italy.”
“Saturn...”
“Okay, Paris.”
“Damn it, this isn’t funny.”
“You’re right it isn’t. Now if you don’t mind I have some business to take care of.” I calmly stated before hanging up on him.

Jordan let out a sigh as he put his cell phone back in his pocket. He and the others were now following Michael through the woods in hopes of finding the cave.

“I take it you couldn’t get through to her.” Michael spoke up, still leading the way.
“No.” Jordan replied.
“Good thing I know about this cave then.”
“By the way Mikey, how did you know the Hierarchy was hiding in this cave?” Thief questioned with a hint of suspicion in his voice.

Michael stopped dead in his tracks while keeping his back turned.

“I can’t say.” He answered as he continued to walk again.
“Why because you made a promise to Saturn you wouldn’t?”
“Not everything I do involves Saturn or has to do with her for that matter.”
“So wait you’re not her lackey?” Thief deviously grinned.
“Don’t.” Michael warned in a voice that didn’t sound the least bit human.

Thief didn’t say another word. However, the devious smile remained on his face. And if Mikey wasn’t too busy trying to help the others get to the cave, he would have wiped it off of Thief’s face in a flash. Shortly after, they found the entrance to the cave and the two dead Hierarchy members lying on the ground.

“Something tells me Saturn was here.” Nega sarcastically remarked. “Anyone wanna bet these won’t be the only two bodies we find?”

Just then they heard a roar come from within the cave as it bounced off the walls and echoed out into the open air. It didn’t take them long to run in and see the Familia standing in front of a mob of Hierarchy members and also notice that Drew was laying on the ground in pain. He had mouthed off to one of the Hierarchy members and ended up paying for it. I however was nowhere in sight. That didn’t stop the Hierarchy members from sensing Jordan, Michael and the others. Jordan slowly retracted his claws as his entire being begun to glow a red hue. Joe followed suit as he began to glow a blue hue. The others slowly also got ready to fight. As the Hierarchy closed in, I jumped out of nowhere and waved Yahweh’s sword in front of the mob causing a wave of light to knock them off their feet and basically fry each member to the bone. The room soon filled with screams of death and everyone else in the room covered their ears. After the last scream died out, I stood there staring down the Leader of the Hierarchy that still had a few members by its side.

“What the hell was that?” Helena asked.
“Death.” Nega answered.

The remaining Hierarchy members tried to stand in my way from reaching their member. But their member quickly dismissed them with the wave of its hand. And as they stepped back, I raised an eyebrow.

“Who the hell are you?” I demanded to know in a growl.
“I’m something you can’t handle let alone defeat.” A female voice answered.
“Holy crap, it’s female.” Gordy spoke up.
“I thought you said it was an all boys' club.” Jordan now turned his attention on Helena.
“It’s suppose to be.” Helena replied.

I now stood my ground as I pointed the edge of the sword at the hooded demon.

“You can’t kill me either.” She laughed at me. “You can try if you like however you’d be wasting your time.”
“And why is that?” I growled, staring her down.
“Because I’m you.” She answered, pulling the hood back.

Everyone was taken back by what they were seeing. An identical twin of yours truly.

“What kind of sick...” Duchess began to say.
“Don’t tell me you honestly forgot about me, Seraphim.” The demon said in a calm manner.
“Saturn, what the hell is going on?” Nega asked.
“Tell them, Seraphim. Tell them about the part of you, you tried to kill or at least bury.”
“Can’t be.” Michael whispered under his breath when he realized who it was.
“Mikey....” Azrael said, noticing the look on Michael’s face.
“It’s Saturn’s dark side.” Michael spoke up. “The one she had when she was working for Lucy.”
“But isn’t her dark side a part of her. How can it...”
“I don’t know, Az. Your guess is as good as mine.”
“Well, someone forgot to close their closet full of skeletons.” Jay sarcastically remarked.
“I don’t think that’s it.” Pops replied, noticing the sword glowing in my hand.

The other me had noticed it as well and couldn’t help but smile.

“Still willing to go out until the very end.” She said, while she continued to smile. “How noble. Too bad those around you don’t know what you’ve done or at least were.”
“What are you up to?” I demanded to know, not letting her get under my skin.
“Nothing much. I was hoping to get that sword in your hand.”
“Not gonna happen. Besides, you need a Templar...”
“Only the actually blood of a Templar.” She tapped the vial that was part of a necklace she was wearing. “As long as I have the blood of Templar or the kin of one’s, I’d be able to wield that sword your holding. So which one should I kill?”
“You’re not even getting near them, you sick...” I sneered.
“Oh, but I will.” She interrupted. “You see I know every move you make before you make it. Besides, I’m a part of you. Kill me and you’ll be killing a part of yourself. Which might even drive you crazy and you’ll have to really ask yourself if it’s worth it.”
“You forget one thing.” I deviously grinned.
“What’s that?”
“I’m already insane.”

I went after her and knocked her right into the wall. Crashing right through it. Holding onto her as we entered another room on the other side.

“Damn.” Thief said.

I soon flew into the room backwards. Landing on the ground in pain but still holding onto the sword. The other me appeared out of nowhere and stood before me. Picking me up by my neck as her hand began to glow a black hue.

“Um, is that suppose to happen, Mikey?” Gordy asked.
“No.” Michael replied, keeping his sights on the Dark Saturn.
“Oh okay. Well, we’re screwed then.”
“It’s useless.” She hissed at me. “Give me what I want.”

Before I could strike her, the sword flew out of my hand and into Michael’s. A glow radiate off of Michael as he stood there with his wings folded behind him. Something was different about Michael but no one could quite put their finger on it. And if they had, chances are they wouldn’t have completely understood.

“Strike me and she dies.” The other me warned Michael.
“You wouldn’t kill her.” Michael calmly answered.
“How can you be so sure of that?”
“Simple. You said it yourself, she needs you. Just like you need her.”

That’s when Dark Saturn cracked my spine and dropped me on the floor. I laid there lifeless and everyone in the room couldn’t believe what they had just witnessed. Michael quickly went after her only to end up kissing the wall and dropping the sword in the process. The others tried to attack but found themselves unable to move. Dark Saturn walked over towards both Thief and Don. She looked at Don for a minute before setting her sights on Thief. She grabbed his hand and used her knife to cut a deep enough gash to gather some blood in her vial. The only thing he could do was snarl as she did so and in response she deviously smiled. After she was done, she went over and picked up Yahweh’s sword. Around this time, I came to. Realizing that my healing factor wasn’t kicking in and I was unable to get back on my feet. I slowly began to move across the floor only to notice Michael laying lifeless on my left.

“You should have just given me what I wanted.” She said to me while turning her attention back on the others. “Now they have to die.”
“No, they don’t. You’ve got what you wanted, leave them alone.” I growled.
“Then how would you ever learn your lesson? She deviously grinned as she activated the sword which began to glow a dark hue instead of its usual white.

With one quick swipe the glow from the sword engulfed everyone and I let out a scream of horror in response.

I shot up in bed, covered in sweat and looking around. I was covered in blood stained sweat and had a terrible headache.

“Nice to see you finally wake up.” Michael said as he sat near an open window.
“What the hell happened?” I asked. “Where’s Dark Saturn?”
“Dark Saturn...?”
“Yea, where is she?”
“Huh. Well, I don’t know about any Dark Saturn. I do know however that you getting hit by a two by four can knock the daylights out of you.” He remarked.
“What?”
“You honestly don’t remember, do you? You were fixing up your cabin with the help of Jim and Gords and you accidentally got hit in the head with a two by four. You’ve been out for three days.”
“Where’s Jordan?” I asked, slowly getting to my feet.
“In his office? Why?” Michael asked, raising an eyebrow.
“I have to talk to him about something.” I answered, heading for the door.

Jordan was sitting behind his desk, surfing the internet on his computer.

“Twittering again?” I asked, sitting down in one of the seats in front of the desk.
“It’s called tweeting.” He corrected me.
“Big whoop.”
“So how are you doing?”
“Besides getting knocked upside the head with a two by four, just great.” I sarcastically remarked. “Hell, I’m thinking about jumping off a skyscraper and seeing how that goes.”

A smile crept up out of the corner of Jordan’s mouth and I just shook my head a little.

“Not funny, Richie-Rich.” I pointed out.
“What?” He tried to act innocent.
“Don’t even. I don’t have to read your mind to know what you’re thinking.” I calmly stated. “By the way, can I ask you a question?”
“Depends on what you ask.” He smiled.
“For the love of...” I began to grumble a few a chosen words. “Nice to know you‘re still egotistical.”
“Hey, I can’t help it if every woman wants me.”
“And again...” I shook my head. “Look, I just want to know if you happen to know someone whose a Templar or the kin of one.”

Jordan stopped typing on the keyboard, long enough to look at me out of the corner of his eye.

“Why?” He asked.
“No reason. I just had this dream and you were in it and... You know what never mind” I said getting up to leave.
“Where you going?”
“Out.”

A few moments later, I was outside getting ready to ride away on my bike when I noticed someone out of the corner of my eye. He looked over in my direction and for a minute I felt as though I had known him from somewhere. As he entered the house however I shook it off. I left and as I did Jordan stood near his office window watching me until I was out of sight.

“She doesn’t know, does she?” He asked as both Michael and Berls sat in front of the desk.
“No.” Michael answered. “And it has to stay that way.”
“But...”
“She can’t be told. Ever.”
“It really is for the best.” Berls spoke up. “The less she knows the more safe we all are. Besides, if she ever knew.... Well, I’m sure I can speak for everyone when I say that it just can’t happen and we have to do everything we can to make sure it doesn’t.”

Jordan didn’t say a word just continued to look out the window. Michael and Berls looked at each other out of the corner of their eyes. They pretty knew what the other was thinking without saying a word.

“Look at it this way,” Michael broke the silence. “You now have a secret you can keep from Saturn.”
“So?” Jordan said, still looking out the window.
“So with the so many secrets she keeps from you, you finally get one that she’ll never know.” Michael calmly remarked.
“Yea, but this is one that shouldn’t be kept from her. If she knew...”
“It would destroy us all including her. Do you want that?”
“No.”
“Then don’t tell her. Ever.”

Meanwhile down at the Pub, the place was pretty much dead except for a few patrons. I sat the bar and was drinking whatever left of my nightmare away. I was pretty much trying to get my head together. Jon showed up a little while later and took a seat right next to me.

“So how’s the head?” He asked as Bags placed his usual in front of him.
“Fine.” I answered. “Can I ask you something?”
“What?”
“Did anything happen while I was out? Anything out of the ordinary?”

Before Jon answered I noticed Bags had stopped what he was doing and began to stare at Johnny-Boy.

“No. Why?”
“No reason.” I said, going back to finishing off my drink. “Well, better get home. Need to see what damage the boys did to the roof of my cabin.”

I got on my bike and headed to my cabin and as I did I couldn’t help but feel that there was something being kept from me by the others. Whatever it was I knew that sooner or later I’d find out. I always do.

THE END

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Thu May 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Poetry Familia 17 Music List:

1. 30 Seconds To Mars- "Closer To The Edge"
2. Staind- "Now"
3. Seeter- "Here And Now"
4. Foo Fighters- "Walk", "These Days", "A Matter Of Time"
5. Linkin Park- "Burning In The Skies"
6. Fly Leaf- "Believe In Dreams"
7. One Republic- "Waking Up"
8. ColdPlay- "Paradise"
9. GodSmack- "What If", "Shadow Of A Soul"
10. 3 Doors Down- "Round And Round"
11. Tori Amos- "Strange Little Girl"

Here is the play list thingy for it for the very last song however you have to click on the stand alone player in order to here it because youtube is screwy that way.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL71C4EE35055541D6

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Fri May 18, 2012 9:10 pm

:bow: :bow: as always!

:thumbsup: :hello:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Sat May 19, 2012 6:01 pm

I thought we were on # 22 at least. I don't find this one as intriguing as the others. It's a bit more coherent. :thewave:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Sat May 19, 2012 11:15 pm

That's what I was going for Bagsy... A friend of mine who will remain nameless gave me the idea for what has happened in 17 and what will happen in 18. And by idea I mean what we had discussed during a lunch one day about how all superhero teams or groups seem to have skeletons in their closets. Besides, I think it's high time I show the ugly side of the Familia and by ugly I mean the not so happy go lucky heroes everyone has love and adored It's high time the closet full of skeletons got opened. Oh just wait until 18 comes out, it'll make sense why I wrote it this way. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

heinzs
The Fat Cat

Post by heinzs » Sun May 20, 2012 11:05 am

The skeletons in my closet have always been free to come out and travel about at will...

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Mon May 21, 2012 2:10 am

Yea, been meaning to ask you Pops. Why is there a bunch of hippie skeletons in your closet.... Is there something you're not sharing with the rest of the group.. :hello:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:34 am

heinzs wrote:The skeletons in my closet have always been free to come out and travel about at will...

I doubt there's many skeletons in your closet my friend. A few bones perhaps,... :bow:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Tue May 22, 2012 6:53 am

Ya'll bring me a smile....

:thumbsup:
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Wed May 23, 2012 1:47 am

Then I've done my job. Can't speak for the others however. :hello:

Spazway
Lost in a Dream

Post by Spazway » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:41 am

Awesome, as usual, LadyS. :bow: Can't wait for 18, when the darker sides of the Familia (and the skeletons) start to come out. :wink:
If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you. ~ A. A. Milne

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:59 pm

:devil:

heinzs
The Fat Cat

Post by heinzs » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:17 am

Sneaky lil' devil you are indeed... lol. Love ya, Melissa!

:hearts:

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:03 pm

Return to “Prose, Stories, Roleplays, Story Poems and Epics”