Not Titled Yet

A place to enjoy the interactive sport of Roleplay exercises, post your prose, short stories, story poems, prose poems and epics. This forum does not autoprune

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway, moonflower

Jadynara
Melpomenes Heiress

Not Titled Yet

Post by Jadynara » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:14 am

She felt the pull and gave herself over to it. There was no mistaking his need, she felt his every move as if their spirits were one whole rather than two separate beings. Still unsure of how it worked , she marveled at the deep connection she felt to this child of two worlds and how when the need was great enough it seemed to pull them to one another. Each time she went to him, it seemed she stepped through the underworld - as if his very being was somehow touched by death and the only way to reach him was for her to touch it too. She did it gladly knowing his need for her and giving credit to her own desire for him.

Cold rain shattered her wandering thoughts as lightning broke the sky illuminating the familiar yet alien landscape. This place was rocky and barren. It bore little resemblance to the lush forests she had been in only moments before. She was close now, though she could not see him, she knew where he was and started towards him. She could feel the rage coursing through him as if it were her own, it was the only thing keeping him going - the wounds he had sustained would have easily defeated a lesser creature. She let the restraint on the power within slip away. Released, the tide of magic swelled and rushed through her in strong currents rolling from her hands to wash over him in waves, healing, bringing him back from the brink and blessing him with strength to lend to the rage as he moved through the pack.

She reached the crest of the hill and her eyes found him, fluid death, dancing through the army of shadowy men, “Cultists of the Twilights Hammer,” he had called them once. They were the only words she had ever heard him speak - his voice had been like music to her soul. He was not a man, his solid body was covered in fur and he bore strong resemblance to a wolf although he walked on two legs. He moved with grace, no sweep of his sword missed its target, no swing of his ax went wasted, each strike was a killing blow. She stayed at the top of the hill near what seemed to be the only tree in this barren land. Again and again she let the waves of healing crash over him while he danced with death… watching this she had a better understanding of the taint of the underworld that seemed to haunt him.

With a final sweep of his ax, the head of the last cultist rolled away and he knelt down leaning on his weapons with a heavy sigh. She could see his exhaustion and she felt his rage fading - giving way to the sorrow that she so often felt through the link they shared. She felt his pain acutely and let the last of her healing wash over him, restoring him fully before leashing in her power and quelling the tides with in. The pain and sorrow taking him could not be changed or healed by that magic. Slowly, she made her way down the rocky slope of the hill, not bothering to avoid the carnage the rain could not wash away.

Coming to stand next to his crouched form, she reached down and softly placed her hand on his cheek, offering comfort and the chance to heal his spirit if he chose to take it. His skin was unnaturally chilled, it always was - it had never frightened her, somehow she had known it would be even before she had first touched him. Looking up at her touch he stood, he was taller than her and ruggedly handsome, his body strong and muscular. With a slight smile he closed his eyes, letting his weapons fall away. Placing one hand on top of hers he pressed her warmth to him while interlacing the fingers of his other hand with her other, seemingly clinging to her heat and drawing from her a very different kind of magic, something to fill the void she felt with in him. It was not enough. Opening his eyes, she saw the pain in them that she felt in him, he moved away and her hand slipped from his face. He moved another step away and his fingers slipped out of hers. He looked at her for a moment taking her in... her body was long and lean, she was tall and confident and strikingly beautiful - she was alien, her features exotic, her eyes wide and bright, and skin that was a faint shade of blue - he wanted her... wanted to watch her emotions play across her eyes as he took her and made her his. He watched the pain dance across her eyes, and the hunger, and forced himself to look away.

Lightning once again tore through the sky followed by thunder that rattled the shale on the ground at their feet, and kept her from telling him she could feel him to the very core of her being, and asking if he could always feel her too. Before the thunder finished he threw his head back and his hands out unleashing a howl that broke her heart and rocked her to the core with its longing and sorrow. More than just hearing his ache, she felt it deep within her as she watched. Lightning broke the sky in a quick series of flashes causing her to cover her eyes for a brief moment.

When she looked at him again he had changed, his dark hair was the same but it didn’t cover his body, his howl had begun to morph, changing into a scream that was filled with his anguish. As he finished his arms dropped heavily to his sides and his head came forward until his chin nearly rested on his chest. His dark features were breathtaking and she watched him memorizing the rugged features of the mans face - the features that were so similar to the wolf. Slowly he opened his eyes - intense and glowing they stood out in stark contrast to his dark face - the proof he was touched by some ethereal presence.

She waited, watching him fight his own demons, until his gaze met hers. His eyes were filled with longing and cautious curiosity as he searched hers. She fought the urge to move into him, he had pulled himself away - like every other time - and she would not cross his boundaries. The craving she felt to touch his skin was unbearable when he held her in those eyes, and he graced her with the gift of turning away before she could no longer fight it - although she wasn’t sure if he understood that part of it. She longed to ask if he could feel her the way she felt him but couldn’t discover the words to ask.

He knelt down again - so wrapped up in her own thoughts she mistook his intent and released the restraint on her power again covering him in a warm wave of healing - reaching out her hand to increase its power by touching him. As he picked up his weapons from the ground she pulled back, once again quelling the tides of magic flowing in her. He stood with his back turned to her and slid the sword and axe into their respective scabbards. He turned back to her, not meeting her gaze and looked as if he were about to say something but instead turned to walk away. Quickly she stepped to him and placed her hand on his shoulder causing him to stop mid stride.

With a deep breath he turned to face her, meeting her eyes to find the question that he knew would be there, burning bright in them - it always was. Caught in his eyes again she was drawn so powerfully by her need for him enhanced by his need for her that she caught her breath and glanced away. Slowly he raised his hand and gently stroked her cheek - the feeling of his cold hand upon her skin was something she craved and though it was unnaturally cold she leaned into it instead of flinching away. His hand found its way down to cup her chin and brought her eyes up to meet his. Slowly a tear rolled off the corner of her eye to slide down her cheek - she had not wanted him to see her like this. She knew that he had no answer for her - she wondered if there even was an answer and what cruel twist of fate had brought them so close only to be kept to these brief moments. Using his thumb he wiped the tear from her pale blue skin.

As he leaned towards her slightly she fought the need to be closer to him. The closer he came the more she felt his need and her own collide, crying out for the small comfort of touch and so much more but she would not give in to the primal desire without his allowance. In this place between worlds - she closed her eyes and let the tears slide silently down her cheeks, hidden by the rain, as his lips brushed against hers. Lightning tore the sky in blinding heat and suddenly she was back in the lush forests.

Collapsing, she let the tears fall as she lay on the soft mossy ground recovering. She was exhausted, his wounds had been great this time and she expended much of her energy keeping him safe and alive. The rest of what she had left had been spent controlling the emotions raging with in herself and not allowing his to overcome her need to respect his pace. As she wept she cursed fate for taking her away just as his lips met hers….. That was a step he had never before been willing to make and they had been robbed of the full experience.

Never together, always apart, neither knew what this was. Both were keenly aware of the other and both were keenly aware that this was not the first, nor the last of this meeting. The connection between them was strong, and although they were of different being, of different times, of different lands, they knew they shared a bond, a link, they were kindred spirits. Despite those differences, and despite the different paths that each one will walk, they know without a doubt that they will always have moments, will always be there when the other is in need, and they will never walk alone.

:critique:
So we're lost, at least we've found each other. Take my hand, if we can't find our way out of the dark, we can make our own light. - Nicole M. Goretzke 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Re: Not Titled Yet

Post by LadySaturn » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:12 pm

Holy crap.. :shock: :shock: :shock: Wow.. Okay, this could be part of a romantic novel. Most definitely.. As to whether or not it's too hot to post in here, I'll let Pops decide on that one. It seems as though it would be more suited in the Adult forum... All though the Adult forum is for poetry.. Damn it Pops, we need a housekeeper...

Good write though, Jady.. Took me by surprise...Just shows you have a few more hidden talents when it comes to writing... :thumbsup:

Jadynara
Melpomenes Heiress

Post by Jadynara » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:53 am

Coming from you sister... that is a great compliment and deeply appreciated. Thank You Saturn.
So we're lost, at least we've found each other. Take my hand, if we can't find our way out of the dark, we can make our own light. - Nicole M. Goretzke 2011

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:52 am

Nothing wrong with good writing in this forum :thumbsup: . Just nothing explicit, then it becomes "Mature" or "Adult". The rule is simple, if you don't want your 13 year old to read it, don't post in open forums.

I was just able to skim it, Nicole. I've been really swamped and want to give this all the attention it deserves.

I thought you were taking care of hiring a housekeeper, Saturn...

Pops
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:06 pm

You're welcome, Jady... :hello:

So wait you want me to build the extension on the house for more rooms and hire a housekeeper? Good Lord Pops, I'm not a miracle worker... I'll find someone though... Huh, can't be too pretty, the Westie Boys might go chasing after her.. Could be a guy but yea we know how well guys clean...Cripes, this could take a while... :shrug:

nise
Clearwater Poet

Post by nise » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:08 pm

I really do like your story. It made me feel as if that was me while I was reading it. So how long have you been writing seems like you been writing for a long time. Good job!!

Return to “Prose, Stories, Roleplays, Story Poems and Epics”