Pagan or Something of the Sort?

A place to enjoy the interactive sport of Roleplay exercises, post your prose, short stories, story poems, prose poems and epics. This forum does not autoprune

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway, moonflower

JGarrison
Babbling Brook Poet

Pagan or Something of the Sort?

Post by JGarrison » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:23 pm

There's a bond that some of us have, but many of us don't. a connection to the earth and the sea thats unspeakable in its depth, but simple in its conception. to those who don't possess it, its nearly unfathomable how the slanting of the sun through the tops of the conifers can mean so much for just a moment. how the sunset burning the tops of the waves orange and gold for miles unto the horizon line. anyone can find these moments beautiful, but few find them revealing. like the earth itself and whatever ultimate power may govern it is opening the door just a crack to show us why we're really here in the first place. maybe its just the old druidic blood bubbling inside of me, maybe it something more or less, i can't honestly say for sure. but the way so many people long to see glitter of times square or the lights of paris, i, myself, would be much happier sitting in a distant meadow with nothing more than a backpack, sleeping bag and a tent, for days on end scribbling stories and prose and being simply entertained by a squirrels inquisitivness about my actions. maybe i'm pagan in believing all things natural are holy, but on the other hand wasn't it "god" that created the beach for waves to break on? didn't he raise the mountains so we could learn the softly spoken languages of the falling snow? or pull hope from the vibrant oranges and reds that fade to purple and black as the sun sinks further and further past the edge of the ocean to explore new lands? aren't we supposed to explore and embrace these simple pleasures that we once lived in peace with, but are now trying to drive out with city streets and florecent illumination? maybe its the druidic blood bubbling within my veins, but for some reason i really doubt it...
“What’s in store for me in the direction I don’t take?”

-Jack Kerouac-

Black Star Shine
Demonic Grinning Poet
Tag line: You Haunt My Soul

Re: Pagan or Something of the Sort?

Post by Black Star Shine » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:36 am

intruiging insight! has me thinking.... :thumbsup:

JGarrison
Babbling Brook Poet

Post by JGarrison » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:13 pm

thats what i was hoping for :cool:
“What’s in store for me in the direction I don’t take?”

-Jack Kerouac-

Black Star Shine
Demonic Grinning Poet
Tag line: You Haunt My Soul

Post by Black Star Shine » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:01 pm

good job then, lol its been on my mind all day!

Duchess
The Irish Rose

Post by Duchess » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:30 pm

How true are these words my friend. I have often thought the same thing. I am often at peace when I am out in the country away from the hustle and bustle of the city where instead of hearing cars honking and sirens wailing I can hear the grasshoppers and see the stars at night. :grin:

If that makes us pagan for our beliefs in the fact we find nature holy then so be it...

(and for the record there is druidic blood that runs through my veins strong and true! :wink: )

:hearts: always
Duchess
"Our minds create our realities based on our perceptions and how we view our world..." "In crazy mans world, everyone else is insane and he is the only sane one"
Both said by My Georgia Muse

I miss my baby...R.I.P Chyna
~*}i{*Duchess*}i{*~

I wish to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.

Return to “Prose, Stories, Roleplays, Story Poems and Epics”