Reasons For The Road

A place to enjoy the interactive sport of Roleplay exercises, post your prose, short stories, story poems, prose poems and epics. This forum does not autoprune

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway, moonflower

JGarrison
Babbling Brook Poet

Reasons For The Road

Post by JGarrison » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:42 pm

"See, Sean was fucked up. Not the world. The world was just confused. And not the world, really. Just the people in it."

the world truly is confused...or at least thats the way i see it...people spend thier entire lives running in little circles like a lap dog chasing its tail. barking anytime he gets his muzzle almost within striking distance of his opposing extremity. people run the circle, run the circle, run the circle until their orbit is so fast that when they are finally able to stop it for a single moment, the entire world is still spinning, their balance flawed and unsure so they only see the negative view of that which surrounds them...maybe the confusion would be easier to deal with if we all just stopped and took a breath once in awhile...the world we exist in is so fast paced, so controlled, so consume consume consume, expel! that maybe what we truly need is to lose control...let things be as they truly are and as they could theoretically be...

"You'll see when you move out it just sort of happens one day. it's just gone. And you can never get it back. It's like you get homesick for a place that doesn't exist. I mean it's like this rite of passage, you know. You won't have this feeling again until you create a new idea of home for yourself, you know, for your kids, for the family you start, it's like a cycle or something. I miss the idea of it. Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people who miss the same imaginary place."

we create homes so we can attempt to memorize and control the everyday events in our lives. give ourselves some semblance of normality while the reality around us shifts like a foundation set on quick sand...but i can't comment on whether this actually works or it fails to do the job it once did...i am a nomad by nature...i have never had a home...no place that ever felt anymore like home than the last nor the next...i love the world, i love exploring it, but i don't know if i'll ever settle on a single piece of it...the perfection of whatever caused this planet to form is far to great for me to prefer any location over another for any reason other than the humans that inhabit it...and though i love my family and my friends...i admire and treasure them, i still find it far to easy to simply disappear...

"What is the feeling when you're driving away from people, and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? -it's the too huge world vaulting us, and it's good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies."

this whole life is nothing more than an adventure to be had...if you sit still chasing your tail in the corner you miss out on so much of the life that is offered...and don't believe that it isn't offered to you...because its open to all who dare turn their eyes to the sky and hear the hushed whispers of the wind beckoning you to some place new...some place different...where anything you wish is a possiblity and all you've ever dreamed a probability...keep your bags packed for a year and see where life throws you, you may be suprised at what comes of it...
“What’s in store for me in the direction I don’t take?”

-Jack Kerouac-

Return to “Prose, Stories, Roleplays, Story Poems and Epics”