Sadness is a person

A place to enjoy the interactive sport of Roleplay exercises, post your prose, short stories, story poems, prose poems and epics. This forum does not autoprune

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway, moonflower

Hayley Ann

Sadness is a person

Post by Hayley Ann » Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:14 pm

Sadness is a person, He lives just down my way
He cries by night and yet by day
He smiles and laughs like things are okay

His grating bones labour with every step as he leads us to sit with him in the corner of his sterilised, white, retirement home. Creaking under the pressure of a lifetime of walking. Eroding knee joints which crack as he bends to sit in his worn out chair, groaning almost as loudly as he with the effort.

His discoloured teeth chattering under the strain of trying to find the right words. Words to express the tears ((in his heart)) He peers at us as he speaks, his dwindling eyesight weakened with age, yet hard to comprehend when compared to the bright sapphire shining in his eyes.

The gravelly voice breaks as he confesses that he is simply not intelligent enough to communicate his anguish. A simple man, of few words, he is not accustomed to speaking about matters of the heart.

His face crumples as he finally breaks down into tears. Tears of moth eaten memories, coupled with expired friendships, still emblazoned across his wizened skin in the form of tattoos. Silvery, ashen hair glistens in the fading daylight as he bends his head to hide his face.

We leave him there, crying over his oxidized youth, departed friends and degenerate health. We leave him to live solemnly in his bittersweet old-age. As it poisons him slowly, such sweet cyanide.

FromZero
Clearwater Poet

Sadness is a person

Post by FromZero » Tue Apr 23, 2002 10:48 am

Hayley: I just read this... Awwww, so sad! This is very well written... Very sad,yes! If this guy is real, take him some flowers! Tell him they're from me! =)

Moongem
Paradoxical Poetess

Sadness is a person

Post by Moongem » Tue May 14, 2002 10:53 am

Love this, so sad, I am closer to him then to youth, very poignant feelings are brought up, I could begin to cry...

Return to “Prose, Stories, Roleplays, Story Poems and Epics”