My Unconventional Brainstew

A place to enjoy the interactive sport of Roleplay exercises, post your prose, short stories, story poems, prose poems and epics. This forum does not autoprune

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway, moonflower

Phoenix J. Star
Rock Star Jenni

My Unconventional Brainstew

Post by Phoenix J. Star » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:53 pm

4:28pm.
"CHOMP...CHEW...CHOMP CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP....CHEW"
That god awful noise is about to drive me mad. That's my co-worker for you though. Eating an apple like its a buttered up corn on the cob. She's such a loud chewer. I actually prefer to not be around when she's eating anything, it kind of makes me want to vomit.
Another day come and gone. Waiting around on that last 30 minutes of the day to pass. I often ask myself, "Where would I be had I finnished college?"
Of course, I can't answer that question. I have no idea. I very well may have been here still.
It seems that now a days you can't get anywhere without one, a college degree that is.
Funny conversation yesterday.
My co-worker was telling me about how her neice quit high school, she was 15 when she quit mind you, but she's telling me that when she took her GED test, she got "like one of the top scores in the state!".
It's a fucking GED. What, is that going to get her a higher position at McDonald's? It's not like the SAT or the ACT where your score actually matters. I've heard that the GED test is pretty easy. My husband has his GED. The math is like basic math, everything is basic.
Woo hoo for Co-worker's neice. Good job getting a high GED score!
You can now go from drive thru bitch to front counter bitch. Maybe even a supervisor.

Life ever pass you by? It passes me by all the damn time. Here this day is almost gone and I am left to sit here and wonder, "what in the hell did I do with my day?" Lets see. I got here on time. Did my usual morning routine. Emails, phone messages, left over inquiries from the day before, read the paper, listen to Co-worker talk about how lucky she is to have a 17 year old daughter who "is still a virgin" but yet she's allowed to stay the night at boy's houses who are "just her friends"....yeah I pulled that one too in high school. Some people amaze me.

So I hear all the time, "at the end of the day, you gotta stop and think, 'what makes me happy?', and when you figure that out, start doing what you love."
Well I'd say that's easier said than done. I want to be a criminalogist, but I can't just wake up one day and say "I WANT TO ANALYZE CRAZY, INSANE CRIMINALS! I think I'll start today!"
That process takes time. Between 4 and 8 years to be exact. It's almost like becoming a doctor. You almost have to go to medical school, depending on what you want to do in the world of law enforcment.
Yeah, I get down about my job. I very well know that I will probably never get any higher than an Administrative Assistant because I do not have a college degree in sales and marketing, or tourism and hospitality. I like it here, I love the people I work with, most of them, but I don't want to be here forever. This is not my dream, not my final goal. I'm still pretty young. Too young I think to throw in the towel already and say, "OK! I'll be here forever!!!" Nah....I do have more ambition than that....when I'm not stoned.
Just kidding, I only smoke on the weekends.
Now I look at the clock, I've got 20 minutes left. 10 minutes I've been sitting here spilling my thoughts into a random, non-paragraph format for all to read and only 10 minutes have gone by. My how time flies.

I guess you could consider this kind of like a "blog" huh? What does blog stand for? Who made it up? And why? I must say its never been in my future plans for someone to come up to me and say "OOH I just love your blog!"
I'd rather hear "OOH I love your book!" but who knows if it will ever get published.
So here we are, 10 minutes left in the day.
I have so much more to talk about, but not sure I can narrow it down. I have so much of my unconventional wisdom to share with the world. I guess we will have to continue this at another time. Yes, yes, we shall.
Thank you for reading.
You've been a great audience, just awesome. Totally awesome.

Tomorrow we can talk about why people are addicted to things. I don't care, anything that addictive. Drugs, technology, sex, television, videogames, sports, anything and everything. We'll dish about it all.
Peace out, goodnight! :hello:
"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."
Oscar Wilde

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:26 pm

:cool: :cool:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

Return to “Prose, Stories, Roleplays, Story Poems and Epics”