Just Not Enough. 4

A place to enjoy the interactive sport of Roleplay exercises, post your prose, short stories, story poems, prose poems and epics. This forum does not autoprune

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway, moonflower

Dirt
Clearwater Poet

Just Not Enough. 4

Post by Dirt » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:29 pm

I awoke long enough to glimpse the clock, illuminated by the moonlight which was invading my room by way of window. 2:04. I got up from the bed and snuck out the back door. The runaways were still awake, drinking my dad's whisky. I went over to them, and took the bottle out of the short ones hand. He jumped up off the mattress. "What the fuck are you doing, man?" I looked at him, and after a second, he swayed. I pushed him and he fell right back on the bed. The other one laughed. He could handle his liquor better than the short one. I twisted off the cap, and took a swig, causing my face to become contorted. "Fucking alcohol." I said while readying myself to drink again. I gave the bottle to the tall one. "If you hate alcohol so much, why don't you just go get some weed? I mean, shit, you always have it, so why don't you share?" I looked at him. "I don't have to let you stay here, asshole." He got up from the lawn chair and tried to look big. "What'd you call me?" I shook my head. "Dude, sit your drunk ass down." I snatched the whisky out of his hand saying, "My dad's gonna notice this, don't drink so much next time." I went back in the house, and put the bottle back in the cubbord. Then I walked out the front door, onto the street, with the intent of going to the corner store. Walking down the street, I could feel a kind of knowledge that only the street knows. The street and I have a connection only the best of friends have. The street has been my companion. Once when I was kicked out of my house I lived in an alley naught but twenty yards from my house. Lived. That’s funny, because it was only for one night. But it happened. And that’s where I slept. So I really just slept in an alley. But still, I love the street. I pondered the thought for a while, until the cop came by. It was the cop. My cop. Number 407. “What are you doing, son?” I looked at him, and felt a wave of melancholy drive over me. At this, I ran. I ran as far as I could get. After I had left my part of town, I stopped. The cop was nowhere near. Then I saw someone sitting on the sidewalk.
I hit myself with an ashtray, it hurt.

(Communist)
(Hallucinogen User)

Debbie
God's Poetess

dirt

Post by Debbie » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:46 pm

I'm following your story and the imagery's make it so real to life.... :thumbsup:

Reach Out And Love Someone
Slow Down And Look around
You Will Find Someone Who Needs You.....

Return to “Prose, Stories, Roleplays, Story Poems and Epics”