Old Glory Parade ... photo, poem blog

Post about new poetry sites, contests, books, miscellaneous resources, etc here.

Moderators: thief of dreams, heinzs

Forum rules
This forum is for Poetry related news, resources, contests and announcements.

This is the only forum where those types of posts are acceptable. If they are posted elswhere they will be deleted and your account may also be deleted. You need to be an active registered member of the Poetry Pages in order to post here.

Members of this site tend to frown upon people registering just to "advertise" in this forum and not participating in other forums. It is suggested that you introduce yourself, post some of your work and comment on others first.

Resources available here are posted by Poetry Pages members and are not warranted for accuracy or applicability by Poetry Pages administrators.

Articles not posted to in 180 days will be automatically deleted by the system
jeannerené
Winter's Rose

Old Glory Parade ... photo, poem blog

Post by jeannerené » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:53 am

Hey guys....
Just putting this up to share... and it anyone has a photo or poem they'd like to contribute to the site.... I'd love to put it up.

This is just my little way of saying thanks.... of keeping in mind that young men and women have lost their lives .... I don't go into politics here at all ... it is just a tribute .... and a way of also keeping myself sane while my boy is serving ..............

He has BTW ... has had some really wonderful experiences with civilians who have shown him gratitude and care ........ I am thankful for that so very much ... and simply want to return the favor.............

Take Care All.....

http://oldgloryparade.jeannerenepoetry.com/
... and his words purge up and outward,
expelled and onward through desert dust swallowed,
sands he says that gorge on simple sensibilities.
And, now he spits fragments, grit, extended vowels and elongated syllables
over cracked lips. Their sounds fall
piling round his boots…
~ jeannerené

~breathe~

flickr -jeannerene photostream

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Re: Old Glory Parade ... photo, poem blog

Post by bags123 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:08 am

Nice work Jeanne. My daughters been back at her base in Gulfport MS since mid May of last year. She'll be out this coming December. In May of 09 she'll deploy to Dubai for another 6 months, so at least she'll be out of Iraq and Afghanistan. I wish your son well. Must be a fine young man. May God watch over him. You know me,.... I'm not the milataristic type generally,...but I've got to say,.... the young men, and women I've met, particularly since my daughter's been in,..... and I've had the opportunity to get to know some better,....are some of the brightest, and most courteous young people it's been my pleasure to talk with. Take care :cheers:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

jeannerené
Winter's Rose

Re: Old Glory Parade ... photo, poem blog

Post by jeannerené » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks Bags...

Many thanks to your daughter. Dubai, I'm sure will be very interesting. I'm glad she will not be deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan again. Many blessings to your daughter as well....

My son is back at Camp Pendleton learning all about Helos ... he'll be working on Cobras and Hueys .... He is supposed to get new orders on March 11th ...... so we will see what comes next. They don't give you much information.

:cheers: back at ya'
.j.
... and his words purge up and outward,
expelled and onward through desert dust swallowed,
sands he says that gorge on simple sensibilities.
And, now he spits fragments, grit, extended vowels and elongated syllables
over cracked lips. Their sounds fall
piling round his boots…
~ jeannerené

~breathe~

flickr -jeannerene photostream

Return to “News, Resources & Announcements”