Poems & Art Published

Post about new poetry sites, contests, books, miscellaneous resources, etc here.

Moderators: thief of dreams, heinzs

Forum rules
This forum is for Poetry related news, resources, contests and announcements.

This is the only forum where those types of posts are acceptable. If they are posted elswhere they will be deleted and your account may also be deleted. You need to be an active registered member of the Poetry Pages in order to post here.

Members of this site tend to frown upon people registering just to "advertise" in this forum and not participating in other forums. It is suggested that you introduce yourself, post some of your work and comment on others first.

Resources available here are posted by Poetry Pages members and are not warranted for accuracy or applicability by Poetry Pages administrators.

Articles not posted to in 180 days will be automatically deleted by the system
nacona
Clearwater Poet

Poems & Art Published

Post by nacona » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:11 am

I have published a few poems and some art since I was on here last. My poem "Osprey on Raven Rock" was published in the Loch Raven Review

http://www.lochravenreview.net/2007summer/stroud.html

My poems "Impressionism", "Shadows" and "The Palmetto Bug Invasion" have all been accepted for publication in the Mississippi Crow Magazine

http://mississippicrow.com/index.html

My artwork "Natural Adaptation" is on that website under the "centerfold" tab, and also a piece I painted titled "fall" is in the same issue.

I also have a piece of poetry that was not very well commented on in this workshop titled "Mary" (perhaps because it tends to spawn a little bit of anger in some people) in any case it won 2nd place for the summer contest for Crescent Moon Journal and should be published later this summer. I will keep everyone posted and add a link when it is published. Thanks again!

Cheers!

Shawn Nacona
"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." —Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000 -George W. Bush

Ven
Forum Admin - and Closet Hippie

Post by Ven » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:58 pm

Ace ! Congratulations Shawn :thumbsup: That's excellent news ! You so deserve the recognition, your a massively talented writer
... I'm sure I've admitted to being a huge fan of your work already. :mrgreen:

"Forever is short thought when your skipping this close to the edge".

Ven's MYSPACE

Google this number; 1905363966

nacona
Clearwater Poet

Post by nacona » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:39 am

Ven

Awww, thank you so much, I am truly honored by your kind words. Just so you know I am a big fan of your work as well, but I think that you know that. I think that your poetry is just great, and I am very captivated by the region that you live in so that makes your work even more appealing to me. I hope to travel to England sometime soon and just travel and write about the places I go. When I am able to head out your way I will have to look you up, we could go have cocktails. I do not think my BF would mind since you're not a guy :wink:. Thanks again for all your kind words and you take care!

Cheers!

Shawn Nacona
"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." —Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000 -George W. Bush

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:28 pm

Congratulations Shawn!

Your artwork piece is the butterflies and flower in the center? It's beautiful and breathtaking.

It looks like photographic images overlaid, or perhaps mixed media with photography?

Like Ven, I too enjoy you prose.

Congrats again on well deserved recognition....

:cheers:
Carol
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

nacona
Clearwater Poet

Post by nacona » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:19 pm

nekot,

Thank you so much for the post and for the PM, I love the site that you left me a link to Art-O-Mat (truly unique) and I am defiantly considering joining up as an artist. I am in FL on vacation visiting family but I should be back in Charlotte in about a week and I am very interested in going up to Winston to check it out.

I am glad that you like my piece with the butterflies, I call it Natural Adaptation. You are right that it is photographic images of butterflies, but with the program I used it is hard describe how it’s done. You do not really paste them into the scene you create, it is more like the image becomes part of the scene and then you can move it around the picture in anyway you would like. It is rather time consuming, but the results are worth it.

You have a great eye though for telling that this is mixed media, 3D graphics and photography. Also, I am honored that you enjoy my prose, thank you so much for the kind words and congrats!

Cheers!

Shawn Nacona

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:54 pm

:cool: :cool:

One of my other duties at work is to help approve prototypes, so I'm learning to recognize different mediums. :grin: I still have a ways to go.

I went and saw the opening exhibit tonight and I am so proud. Clark has done an outstanding job presenting the project and displaying artist's works.

Some artists sent in their large pieces so folks can view their large work beside their Art-o-mat work.

I'm excited about the gathering on the 18th.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

Return to “News, Resources & Announcements”