PUBLISHED, PUBLISHED, PUSHLISHED!

Post about new poetry sites, contests, books, miscellaneous resources, etc here.

Moderators: thief of dreams, heinzs

Forum rules
This forum is for Poetry related news, resources, contests and announcements.

This is the only forum where those types of posts are acceptable. If they are posted elswhere they will be deleted and your account may also be deleted. You need to be an active registered member of the Poetry Pages in order to post here.

Members of this site tend to frown upon people registering just to "advertise" in this forum and not participating in other forums. It is suggested that you introduce yourself, post some of your work and comment on others first.

Resources available here are posted by Poetry Pages members and are not warranted for accuracy or applicability by Poetry Pages administrators.

Articles not posted to in 180 days will be automatically deleted by the system
Maesto
Clearwater Poet

PUBLISHED, PUBLISHED, PUSHLISHED!

Post by Maesto » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:19 pm

I am finally a published poet! I entered a contest ahile ago, and I got a leter in the mail about 5-6 months after saying that my poem had been selected for publication. I recieved a notice that they had finished printing the book, so it is now official I am finally published.
"Tis better to love poetry than to hate it, for it will always catch up with thee"

Ven
Forum Admin - and Closet Hippie

Post by Ven » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:43 am

:thumbsup: :cool: Feels great doesn't it . Congratulations and may there be many more publications to follow :thewave:

"Forever is short thought when your skipping this close to the edge".

Ven's MYSPACE

Google this number; 1905363966

Gillian
PP Chancellor

Post by Gillian » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:27 am

Many congratulations. Could I ask what publication it will be in?

Gillian

Maesto
Clearwater Poet

Post by Maesto » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:49 am

It is in a book called young poets speak out. I don't know when or if it will be avaliable to purchase. I can call the people and find out. Thank you for your comments!
"Tis better to love poetry than to hate it, for it will always catch up with thee"

Maesto
Clearwater Poet

Post by Maesto » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:06 pm

You'll never believe me, but I have recieved another notice that my poetry is going to be published again. Now, I am going to be a twice published poet!

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:40 pm

Maesto, I hate to bring a word of caution to your enthusiasm. Please check to see if you have to BUY the book in order to see your poem published. There are some poetry contest scams out there that will publish any poem in a volume with hundreds of others and charge you up to $50 for the book. Then they have run offs and invite you to come to their conventions, etc.

Please check out this post:

http://www.poetrypages.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19921

I sincerely hope that you have encountered one of the few legitimate poetry contests out there and not a clone.

:oops:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

Return to “News, Resources & Announcements”