The Road Home - Thomas Watson

If you are a member who has a published poetry book available you may post about it here.
Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

The Road Home - Thomas Watson

Post by Tom Watson » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:58 pm

THE ROAD HOME

Thomas Watson Real Name (Tom Watson)

"Jerry Marshall just wanted to be left alone with his books and his writing, the way his father had left him and his mother alone when he was three. He thought he had his wish, except for three small friends: a cat named Hope, her kitten named Grace and a fox that had connected itself to his family from his birth until something else arrived... Thomas Watson's story of one boy’s journey through adulthood on The Road Home to Christ touches the mind and heart, and lifts the soul to new heights. From a childhood and youth when he frequently needed to ask himself, 'Why does everyone leave me?' to the fulfilled promise of Christ in his life, we watch Jerry travel the road and discover the power of the Holy Spirit within and the love of Christ that held him from birth. The Road Home is a moving story about love, friendship, family and life."

Forward

Tom Watson is my friend and a gifted writer. Since finding his own road home, following a heart-rending loss, Tom has sought to use his warm writing talents to help others find theirs. He weaves a blend of thought-provoking sayings, poetry, and narrative into his first fiction novel, “The Road Home.” Each chapter draws in the reader with new characters and a captivating storyline. Tom’s descriptive detailing of sights, sounds, and emotion makes the characters come alive, and energizes the reader to find out what happens next. Although life is difficult and sometimes unfair, “The Road Home” shows that “happy endings” do happen if people make the right choice. This book will make you think, make you laugh, make you cry, and give you hope for the future. There is a little of Jerry Marshall (the main character) in all of us. If you haven’t already found it, this book may help you find your own road home. Happy reading!
Chris Losey, Pastor

Endorsements

Tom Watson “is a pen in the hand of God." given the gift to write and share his faith in Him. This is an adventurous heart warming story. It was hard to put this book down; I just had to find out what happened right until the end of the
story.
Published Author of "Rose Petals, Rose Garden Collections", Debbie R. Forest, Ontario Canada...
~~~~~

Descriptively honest and compelling,
A poignant writer emerges in Tom Watson. As each chapter unfolds, this book will make you laugh, cry, and Think.
Simone Rivers
~~~~~

In The Road Home this gifted author give insight to our reliance on each other; Increases awareness of our fellow man’s needs; truly influences our hearts; Helps us have an intimate relationship with our feelings. Such an inspiring book.
Marina Cassimus
~~~~~

This Christian theme book weaves a lovely, heartwarming story of a boy and obstacles he must overcome beginning in his early life, and how he learns on his own to handle his difficult life as a Christian. Christian principals abound
throughout the book. This book is on the Christmas list for my grandchildren! Agape!
Monica Patenaude
~~~~~

In the City of God, St. Augustine writes, “God must be our teacher if we are ever to be wise, and He must be the Source of our inmost consolation if we are ever to be happy.” Tom Watson is familiar with that theme in his provocative novel about childhood, love, loss and redemption. He has made redemption interesting and draws a picture of how it is our every day life. Whatever his characters are doing, there is a hope that is not always seen but never absent. As a gifted writer he is able to look at death without despair, even exposing the inner parts of his own life asking us to never give up no matter how much darkness surrounds us. Like David of the Old Testament, walking through the valley of the shadow of death is but one step on the road to eternal life in Jesus Christ. This novel also evokes memories of his own childhood and reading his story will bring to mind our own experiences with family and how, many of us, lived on the edge of poverty but with love and family support that got us through tough times. One strong theme in the life of our hero is friendship. Darkness is never without humor and Watson can see the light side of life when others might see only loss. The Book of Revelation in the New Testament is about how our lives on earth are connected with God’s heaven and his presence with us. We might say that on a small intimate scale Watson has grasped the message of Revelation and how God is with us in the midst of our tragedies and darkness and how the living Christ is always in our midst if only as a stranger holding our hand in friendship. Sometimes He comes to us in another man’s story who is willing to share it with the rest of the world. I am glad Tom Watson is my friend and a brother in Christ. He writes from the inside out and from his own losses and darkness asking us to see the light that is all around us.

John Graves

To purchase this book please visit: http://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore ... 988691-3-2
Cost: 208 pages - $13.99 (paperback)
$8.99 (digital download)
$29.99 (CD audio book)

This book is also available at any major bookstore by order

For a personally autographed copy visit

http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewwor ... orID=21479

Format: Paperback 6x9
Published: Mar, 2007
Pages: 208
ISBN# ISBN: 1598869132
Publisher: Tate Publications
"Whispers of Love" a book of poetry expressing love of the heart and spirit is released worldwide on August 11, 2009. Visit my home page at
Books From Grace for more information or Amazon.com

Duchess
The Irish Rose

Re: The Road Home - Thomas Watson

Post by Duchess » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:14 pm

do they have it at librarys? :book:
"Our minds create our realities based on our perceptions and how we view our world..." "In crazy mans world, everyone else is insane and he is the only sane one"
Both said by My Georgia Muse

I miss my baby...R.I.P Chyna
~*}i{*Duchess*}i{*~

I wish to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Post by Tom Watson » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:59 pm

:darn: No, I am afraid not. At least not that I am aware of, unless someone requested the book at the library and they ordered it...which would be a good thing to do.
Thanks for asking though. :thumbsup:

Tom
"Whispers of Love" a book of poetry expressing love of the heart and spirit is released worldwide on August 11, 2009. Visit my home page at
Books From Grace for more information or Amazon.com

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:27 pm

I have my copy right here...

:thumbsup:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

Duchess
The Irish Rose

Post by Duchess » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:38 am

I will definitly request it Tom...otherwise I am goin to order a copy of it...along with some of the poetry pages books...

:hugs: :hearts: D
"Our minds create our realities based on our perceptions and how we view our world..." "In crazy mans world, everyone else is insane and he is the only sane one"
Both said by My Georgia Muse

I miss my baby...R.I.P Chyna
~*}i{*Duchess*}i{*~

I wish to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.

Return to “Member's Poetry Books”