Poet's Pages and the Archives

Check here to get help on how to do various aspects of posting on the Poetry Pages.

Moderator: thief of dreams

nekot
Poetry Piper

Poet's Pages and the Archives

Post by nekot » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:06 pm

First, I'm puter challenged. :mrgreen: So anyone responding to this thread, please use elementary puter lingo. :wink:

I got me a Poet's Page started and am slowly getting my poems on there.

There is a link on the sign-in page to learn more about ways to make my poet's page like I want it, but when I click it I'm informed there is no link.

Then I went to the Vault/Archive section....and uugh....I'll need to spend time figuring that out.

So ....

How do I learn to adapt my Poet's Page? (I wanna do something like Berlie has ... with the separate poems listed under the group titles.)

Should I have done the Vault/Archive thingy before making a Poet's Page? (I know it's too late now...but should I stop working with my Poet's Page and start doing the Vault/Archive thingy?)

Do these questions make any sense at all? :shrug:

Thank you for your patience... :angel:
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

Berlie
Behind the Curtain
Tag line: Behind the Curtain

Post by Berlie » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:17 pm

I would work on the Vault/Archive instead of the Poets Page. The Poets Page thingie hasn't been worked on or updated in a very long time and eventually I would like to replace the whole thing with something better.

I explain how I did my Archive here: http://www.poetrypages.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19594 if thathelps any.
--------------------------------------------------
twisting the throttle
as I lean into the curve
bug SPLAT on my face
--------------------------------------------------
My Poetry Posts | My Poetry Vault | Self-Pub.net

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:25 pm

A simple way to create an archive is to start one in the vault and add your poems as replies to the initial topic. You can add more than one poem in a reply. After that is done, you can seek assistance from one of the vault moderators in setting up the indexed version. The important thing is to get the material there first and you can create the index later.

Pops
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:28 am

Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!

I don't regret having built a poet's page, at least the poems I have there I can transfer easily over to the archives.

I feel Toad becoming alive. (from Wind in the Willows...ya' know ... eccentric Toad?) :computer: :computer:

o.k.

:thewave: :thewave: :computer:
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

Return to “Instructions and How To:”