Index For ALL Resources

Resources for victims of abuse seeking help and support. Also good sources for those wishing to help victims of abuse. Post your own stories or impressions of The Ravyn here.

Moderator: thief of dreams

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Index For ALL Resources

Post by thief of dreams » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:33 am

211.org
"2-1-1 is an easy to remember telephone number that connects callers to information about critical health and human services available in their community."

KBHC Suicide Help
"Since the suicide of his wife Kristin in April 1998, KBHC Founder Reese Butler has been on a personal crusade. His mission the past four years has been to offer HOPE and the option to LIVE to those in the deepest emotional pain."

Directory of Homeless & Housing Advocacy Coalitions

Directory Help for Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence

Safety Tips for you and your family

Sex Offender Registries by State

Emergency Resources
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

nekot
Poetry Piper

Re: Index For ALL Resources

Post by nekot » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:04 am

Following are links to three sites that offer help regarding religious/cultic/other abuses, one site regarding sexual abuse of clients by professionals in positions of trust, two sites regarding post-abortion issues, and to my story which lists additional links.

Resources for Former Members of Restrictive Religious Groups
Practical and insightful look from Jim Moyers, a professional counselor who was involved from birth into his twenties with a restrictive religious group.

Cult Recovery: Counseling for Former Cult Members
Excellent resource for helping with issues regarding cultic abuse. John Knapp, a licensed therapist, was involved for 23 years in a cultic group and specializes in cult recovery counseling.

Spiritual Abuse Recovery Resources: Resources and information for Christians who do not want to leave their faith, but who have experienced or wonder if they are experiencing spiritual abuse in their church setting. Executive director for this site is, Jeff VanVonderen.

AdvocateWeb: Helping Overcome Professional Exploitation
AdvocateWeb offers:
Extensive free resources for victims, survivors, and their families, friends,
victim advocates, and professionals.
Sexual misconduct, exploitation, and abuse of clients by professionals in positions of power, authority, or trust is a serious and prevalent problem. This includes:
*Mental health professionals, counselors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, etc.
*Medical professionals, doctors, nurses, physical therapists, etc.
*Clergy, youth ministers, etc.
*Educators, school teachers, college professors
*Coaches
* Attorneys
* Law enforcement professionals, officers, jailers, crisis intervention, victim services, etc.
* Military

After Abortion
Pagans for Life
The above links discuss mental, emotional, and physical effects abortion can have. I like these sites because they delve into biological and psychological post-abortion issues and are more religiously neutral; yet offer links to religious prolife support if one is inclined toward that direction.

Additional sites are listed at the end of my story: http://poetrypages.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 55&t=55346 .
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:02 am

:bump:
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

Duchess
The Irish Rose

Post by Duchess » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:09 am

I am so glad that someone took the time to put these up for people.

Thanks Terry and Carol! :hello:

:hugs: D
"Our minds create our realities based on our perceptions and how we view our world..." "In crazy mans world, everyone else is insane and he is the only sane one"
Both said by My Georgia Muse

I miss my baby...R.I.P Chyna
~*}i{*Duchess*}i{*~

I wish to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.

Return to “The Ravyn's Wings”