Get Help..

Resources for victims of abuse seeking help and support. Also good sources for those wishing to help victims of abuse. Post your own stories or impressions of The Ravyn here.

Moderator: thief of dreams

jhanke
Bleeding Silently In The Depths Of Fire

Get Help..

Post by jhanke » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:50 pm

Suicide is the third leading cause of death among youths aged 15-24.
Suicide is the sixth leading cause of death among youths aged 5-14.
A youth suicide (aged 15-24) occurs every 100 minutes.

If you are thinking about suicide please call 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
or visit http://www.preventsuicidenow.com

on the website listed above it also has suicide warning signs...if you or someone you know if thinking about suicide please try to get help or help them before it is too late.

SUICIDE IS NEVER THE ANSWER :cry:
Maybe I should of buried the butterfly instead of picking it apart.

Floetry Spades
I'm the Floesist
Tag line: Veteran

Post by Floetry Spades » Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:14 pm

Thanks Jen!

Purchase my first poetry collection on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Time-Capsu ... ap_title_0

"Floetry, your eyes are so much,
stronger than your voice." -- Jukoto

"Bitter melon is sweet ... In it's own honeyed way .... Like candles don't flicker .... Alone in the rain" -- Miyu

jhanke

Post by jhanke » Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:36 pm

You can call the number of the hotline anytime you need to talk.

Please do.
Last edited by jhanke on Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

JukotoxKanashimi
batteries not included

Re: Get Help..

Post by JukotoxKanashimi » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:21 pm

jhanke wrote:
If you are thinking about suicide please call 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
or visit http://www.preventsuicidenow.com
SUICIDE IS NEVER THE ANSWER :cry:
:lol: I've been reading up on the symptoms of suicide.... :lol: what if none of those messages are in the symptoms? maybe we just ignore? Hahah....I mean someone could still be so goshdarn happy and giddy and still want to off themselves... :mrgreen:

jhanke

Post by jhanke » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:43 pm

well this is for any of those who want to commit suicide. I guess that if you are a true friend or something (not that you arent) then you should know. i think. maybe not. i dunno. But i know a few ppl on here have depression and it can get as bad as suicidal thoughts.

It happens alot. Just try to help those you can. :cheers:
Last edited by jhanke on Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

JukotoxKanashimi
batteries not included

Post by JukotoxKanashimi » Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:17 pm

jhanke wrote:well this is for any of those who want to commit suicide. I guess that if you are a true friend or something (not that you arent) then you should know. i think. maybe not. i dunno. But i know a few ppl on here have depression and it can get as bad as suicidal thoughts. Soon you'll (those who have these thoughts) maybe come like my friend in this poem... http://www.poetrypages.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19240

It happens alot. Just try to help those you can. :cheers:
Help those I can?..... :lol: shoot...I've talked to billions of counselors and I still want to off myself :mrgreen: I would know if my friends did suicide and try to comfort them and give them advice(none that I follow) my friends have people who care about them and so do I. but I don't think reading this or having some snobby shrink up in your business is going to help.

jhanke

Post by jhanke » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:43 pm

Juko wrote: but I don't think reading this or having some snobby shrink up in your business is going to help.

so, uhh, what do you want me to erase this or something?
thats all you had to say...

the quiet poet
Em Hotep

Post by the quiet poet » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:48 pm

Juko, I have a good deal of respect for you, but...
There is NOTHING funny about suicide or suicidal thoughts. I don't mean to sound mean, but I am very offended by the levity with which you are treating this situation. Jen is talking about a very important, very serious issue, and you are continually making a mockery of it.
I'm sorry I had to say that, but it needed to be said. I hope you won't take it personally, or think any less of me for it. I still respect you as a friend and artist. :wink:

redrobin
Clearwater Poet

Post by redrobin » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:55 pm

Quiet is right. There is nothing funny about suicide. Although Juko did bring up one point. Some people do put on an act by acting like they are happy and that everything is alright. Then 'WHAM'!!! The family is left wondering what went wrong. A friend of mine killed his self a few months ago. His mom and his close friends knew that he was having problems but did not know how severe they were because he acted like every thing was ok. His mom called me the other night and let me tell you, talking to her was the hardest thing I have ever done. What can you say to someone whose son just killed him self?

I really feel that had he tried to get help by talking to friends, family, or calling a hot line maybe he would be alive today. I think that those who contribute their time to help people with suicide should be proud of themselves because they do this from their heart.
Last edited by redrobin on Mon May 24, 2004 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
~*redrobin*~

my poetry archive
Click here

What lies behind us, and
what lies before us are tiny
matters, compared to what
lies within us.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

JukotoxKanashimi
batteries not included

Post by JukotoxKanashimi » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:22 pm

I am not making a mockery of anything or your efforts I'm sorry if it came out that way.

Floetry Spades
I'm the Floesist
Tag line: Veteran

Post by Floetry Spades » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:44 pm

Jukoto is a very strong person. One of the ways that she deals with her problems is by laughing and enjoying life despite it's short comings. Or at least thats what I think. I like that about her. And um....Jukoto,tell miyu to bring her ass back to the poetry house I miss her. :evil:

Purchase my first poetry collection on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Time-Capsu ... ap_title_0

"Floetry, your eyes are so much,
stronger than your voice." -- Jukoto

"Bitter melon is sweet ... In it's own honeyed way .... Like candles don't flicker .... Alone in the rain" -- Miyu

Drew Rush
Seafoam Poet

Post by Drew Rush » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:57 pm

Some people deal with serious situations with humor. My sense of humor is the upmost morbid and i can relate to Juko's words, though i have learned when to keep my jokes in my head....most the time anyway. Juko, next time you need to release an urge to liven up a serious crowd, just send a message to me instead.

KillerFox81
Humanity's Last Hope

Post by KillerFox81 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:08 am

I can say with certainty that I know some about the mores of suicide froma person whose had suicidal thoughts but was also a Psych a major and pursuing a career in it. Exactly like Juko and Drew said, some people who seem the most outgoing and funniest are truly dying inside and I'm one of those. My funniest days are probably when I feel the worst. But something has always held me back from thoughts of suicide and death to actual attempts, probably the way my parents would cope after and friends too, etc. These type of people who are the sometimes depressed sometimes not (atypical depression) are the hardest to identify and treat and most people around them would never know a problem existed because the person may feel like no one would take them seriously/understand them, people would look at them differently etc and more. Some cope (I try to write a journal and poems to express the pain) while others bottle and the worst may happen. If you are a friend who thinks you may know if another friend is depressed, don't be afraid to confront the signals. Have a talk with the person and let them know you care for them/love them and you'd be there for them. I have a couple of friends who lift me up when I am at my lows and it's the greatest gift they've ever given me. That's my two cents :2cents:
<font>
Audience Member: Negrodamus, why is President Bush convinced there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?
Negrodamus: Because he has the receipt.

Silky Johnston: Now, if you'll excuse me. I'm gonna go put water in Buck Nasty's Mama's dish.

Silky Johnston: I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I don't even know you, but I hate you. I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and only to you

</font>

jhanke

Post by jhanke » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:51 am

KillerFox81 wrote: If you are a friend who thinks you may know if another friend is depressed, don't be afraid to confront the signals. Have a talk with the person and let them know you care for them/love them and you'd be there for them. I have a couple of friends who lift me up when I am at my lows and it's the greatest gift they've ever given me. That's my two cents :2cents:
Thats all im trying to do. I just put this info up so that those who need it know where to go. or those who know someone who is thinking of suicide, this is where you can show them help....

Jen

redrobin
Clearwater Poet

Post by redrobin » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:26 am

I think its great that you posted this for people who don't know where to go to. Some people feel more secure talking to strangers than their friends and family because they know they won't judge them.

I have always had suicidal thoughts and have actually been in the process when two of my friends would just show up. Its kinda wierd but on several occasions they said that they had a strong urge to come to my house because they felt like I was in trouble. At that time we were really close and had some kind of bond or something. I owe my life to them because they stopped me more than once. And now today I look back and realize the problems I would have left my family with. After talking to my friends mom the other night I am so glad that I did not put my mom through that pain. If any one needs help and can not talk to family they really do need to call a hot line. It does help.
~*redrobin*~

my poetry archive
Click here

What lies behind us, and
what lies before us are tiny
matters, compared to what
lies within us.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Return to “The Ravyn's Wings”