Been a while

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

VivaldiFall
Knight In Camouflage Armor

Been a while

Post by VivaldiFall » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Good evening everyone.... It's been a while. Got an email that looked to be randomly generated asking me what's going on. So let's get into it:

If you remember I was an Army Paratrooper and was medically retired at 17 years. I developed standard gulf war syndrome type problems, i.e. fibromyalga, cluster headaches etc. Also developed bursitis in my knee, (like I'm an 80 year old woman who left the window open at night).

I got married, to a girl who was in the army. She got out and we went to fort Campbell, ky. We then decided to have two children. A boy, joey and a girl, Evelyn.

Children... They wear you out and they are out to try and just suck all the little life out of you that is left. They are demanding and cause all kinds of drama and trouble.... I wouldn't trade them for the world. However mundane my life has become, (I wear sweater vests and eat baked chicken) it is amazing with those little monsters.

I am working as a mortgage banker, (so if you need a home loan...) And walk with a limp all day. Basically I completely sold out and am working on my B.A. in English and plan on applying to med school once done. If that doesn't work, then I plan on selling out completely and going to law school. My dream is to have an awesome commercial on during Maury, currently my slogan I'm working on is, "just because you did it, doesn't mean you're guilty".

However broken my body is I'm still training to do an iron Man triathlon. Hopefully next year. At least goal is to complete one. We will see.

There's my update. Thanks to all of you for your support years ago. I still randomly creep around but I don't writ anymore.

Take care everyone.

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Re: Been a while

Post by heinzs » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:28 pm

So very good to hear from you, Jay. It wasn't a random email... I'm trying to reach out to my PoetryPages family to maintain and re-create contact.

Thank you for your response!

:hearts:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:52 pm

What a wonderful update VivaldiFall. Wow on the life happenings.

Your post left me smiling, with a few chuckles.

Sounds like, despite the traumas, life is rich. :cheers:

And Wow! on the Triatholon. Good success with it!

Thanks for the update!

:thewave: :hello:
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

carndo
Black Ferret Poet

Post by carndo » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:43 pm

:hello:

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:26 pm

:hello: :hugs:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:16 am

Hello Vivaldifall, Longtime my friend. "just because you did it, doesn't mean you're guilty" Was O.J.'s trial your inspiration? Best of luck with the all your future adventures. Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”