Poetry Pages is now 19 years old!

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Poetry Pages is now 19 years old!

Post by heinzs » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:12 pm

On January 12th Poetry Pages turned the page onto 19 years in this existence. There was a previous, but much shorter, life, and this is the only Poetry Pages that any of us (Other than Berlie and myself) truly know.

We struggle on...

:thewave: :hearts:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Re: Poetry Pages is now 19 years old!

Post by LadySaturn » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:52 pm

Holy crap! We're old. :mrgreen:

heinzs
The Fat Cat

Post by heinzs » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:25 pm

:lol:

GoddessErika
In-a-Sense Lost

Post by GoddessErika » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:12 pm

So, like I previously said, I have dropped back in to say hello, meet the new talent, read some writings, and possibly get the creative juices flowing again, but I gotta say, it saddens me to see how few and far between the posts have gotten. :crying: What happened? Where’d everyone go? (I know, I’m guilty of disappearing too, but still!)

I’m wondering, if there’s anything I can do to help breathe some life into the pages... I’m not very familiar with PHP, but I am pretty well versed in other programming languages and blogging platforms, and by day practice digital marketing, web administration, and search engine optimization. My job is literally to make websites appear on page 1 of Google’s search results, and I’m sure I could bump the rankings of the poetry pages too. It would do wonders to help new talent find us... Just sayin’.

Anyhow, I’m happy to help if anyone is interested...
© Anarcha Erika Basta
Behind this pretty smile is a story you'll never understand.

heinzs
The Fat Cat

Post by heinzs » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Folks just dawdled away one by one. A few have gone forever (see the memorial forum) and others have grown up, grown older, and moved on. The registration access to the pages is always smothered by spam, for some reason, so I've had to disable automatic registration. Someone has to request to join now, but that is maybe one person per year. A lot of us are spending more time over on our Facebook page, so you'll run into more familiar faces over there.

I think our downfall is that people aren't doing ANY poetry as much as they were when we started, and we are dreadfully devoid of any form of advertisement that we exist. I don't know what the answer is to infuse some life back in here.

I'll be 70 this year and my energies are not what they used to be. My muse, too, has gone to warmer climes (probably sitting on the beach next to yours). But I will keep the Pages running as long as I can, and then LadySaturn and Sarah have been made full admins and will be able to fill in.

We had a horrible PHP crash a few years ago and I found a great technician who resurrected the site for a paltry $95.

I look forward to more chances to interact.

:hearts:

GoddessErika
In-a-Sense Lost

Post by GoddessErika » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:06 am

It's just sad to see so little going on. :crying: Once upon a time, this place was more of a home than most of our real homes were. Maybe that's just it though... maybe we've all grown up and finally made homes for ourselves that we didn't need to escape from anymore. I know I ran off a couple of times myself, but it was always so good to find the pages right here where I left them when I was ready to come back. Even now, there's quite a few familiar folks running around here, even if not as frequently as they once were. I just dread the thought of seeing a 404 page not found error pop-up someday when I'm trying to make my way back! I think I've only been to the Facebook page once. I'll look it up again and reconnect with you all there too, and like I said before, I'm happy to help in any way I can to keep the lights on and the door open for all the original familia, and any new strays that wander in, so if you need anything you know how to find me on Facebook... :grin:
© Anarcha Erika Basta
Behind this pretty smile is a story you'll never understand.

Nefertari
Queen of the Nile

Post by Nefertari » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:00 am

Amazing....and wonderful. Happy Birthday.
The Queen of ancient Egypt, fair and wise.

IT'S DUSTY IN HERE, CLEAN MY PYRAMID!

The Nile is rising...now I've got MUD!!

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:40 am

Happy Birthday To You- Happy Birthday To You- Happy Birthday Dear Pages- Happy Birthday to Youuuuu. I can't believe that I and some other members were around 12 years old when we found the Pages. lol :mrgreen: Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

heinzs
The Fat Cat

Post by heinzs » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:13 pm

Thanks Michael.

I deleted that other post as the link had expired.

:hello:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Wed May 01, 2019 6:21 am

I believe this is love that I'm feeling. I have in the past accomplished things on my own. The accomplishments that are most worth while have always come from being part of a group. Such as with Shades Of Mind, Pease Electric, and of course the most rewarding. Being a member of this outstanding group of Poets. Brought together by what in hind sight, must of been shear destiny. Steered by some very special people and their unbridled love and determination at holding this group together. Over the years I have drifted away during 16 major surgeries and subsequent recoveries. The Pages Poets have been a constant in my life. Something wonderful that has offered my life some sort meaning and sense of accomplishment, pride. With the loss of my Wife Lucienne a couple of years ago and continued physical difficulties. The last of which was last year when three disc's needed to be removed from my neck and the current tribulation of another concussion and shattered wrist. Years ago I started having those pesky senior moments in regards to memory. Steps were taken to assist with the addition of technology. Things worsened to the point of me getting lost while driving. So the keys were surrendered and I became house bound. Memory worsened to the point of my Neurologist adding medication. I could not read or decipher directions. Writing was out of the question as it has for some time now. Then Medication #2 was added to the mix and after a couple of months the confusion lifted. I have found my way back to the Pages and have begun to have flourishes of inspiration for the written word. So far nothing to write home about. More of a compilation of thoughts. I feel the desire to add to Balancing Destiny. Not sure what installment it might be possibly #4 or 5. It's time for me to sink my teeth into those final feet, so to speak. The Dementia is very frightening, my Neurologist says that it is probably caused by the original head trauma and my age with a possible bit of the dreaded Alzheimer's. So "Seize The Moments While They're Here. Lest You Loose Them and Lament The Wasted Day" Author Unknown, is very much on my mind. If it is possible to Love a group of people you have never touched flesh with and I think It is. I have come to Love all that have gathered here over the years. I admit some more than others. If you have paid attention to me at all. You know I hold Love as a very special thing and don't use it unwisely. We have shared something very special. I have only touched flesh with one other member here. Gerry AKA Bags took the time to visit with Lucy and I many years ago and I remember that day and Dinner as if it were yesterday. Many of us have already traveled to the other side of this thing called life. May the Pages live on in all of their honor. I would like to see the celebration of the 20th anniversary of the Pages become a huge spectacle. To honor it, it's founder Kimberly and all the glue that has kept it together and alive all these years. As my Wife's family in France always ends a note. Kisses form Clarence Center, NY Love You All Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

heinzs
The Fat Cat

Post by heinzs » Sat May 04, 2019 4:33 pm

Thank you, Michael.

The Pages became 20 on January 12, 2019. We will achieve the age of maturity next January in the year 2020. It portends to be an auspicious beginning to a new era politically and socially, and, who knows, perhaps a renaissance for all things Poetry.

:cool: :thumbsup:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Mon May 06, 2019 3:51 pm

hello Heinzs, As usual I got the years all screwed up. I thought 20 was yet to come. Take Care

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

carndo
Black Ferret Poet

Post by carndo » Sun May 19, 2019 8:46 pm

well happy birthday poetry pages. I myself turned 64 january 2nd. lately I've been taking take of my own parents who is 85 and 81

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”