DO YOU FEEL IT...

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

DO YOU FEEL IT...

Post by LadySaturn » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:48 pm

It's coming... Sept 20th 2015... :wink: :wink: :wink:

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Re: DO YOU FEEL IT...

Post by preston » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:05 am

It got here early.

Blew in about 4 AM ... lightning, thunder ... torrential downpour ... cooler temps.

This is what fall feels like.

:thewave:

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:57 pm

Smart ass :roll:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:50 am

Sept 30th, it's running late
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:09 am

It came and went evidently
:shrug:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:45 am

Our Fall here in Western NY has been delayed or Summer has been extended. Last week I mentioned that our flowers needed to be watered. I was reminded that it is time to let them go. Then we got a couple inches of rain and I said to myself good if I'm not suppose to keep them watered Mother Earth is going to do it for me. Our temps have averaged 10 degree's higher than normal this Sept. As I write, the TV weather forecaster is telling me that we are heading to more normal temps this week 50's and 60's with some 40's for the overnight lows. I have an uneasy feeling about the winter a head and think that we should try and enjoy the fall as much as possible. With the history of the damaging October surprise storm and the 7 foot snow storm last November. I'm sure that Mother nature has at least 1 maybe 2 surprises for us this winter. I am now driving a 2015 KIA Sportage with all wheel and 4 wheel drive. This vehicle purchase for me, for the most part was based on climate change. Adapting to our extreme weather events is a job we should all be concerned with. I feel bad for all that live out west and have experienced the the effects of the drought and the related wild fires. The wind, rain and hail storms have been very trying for those that live in the Southern and Mid Western states. Our problems here in WNY are usually related to winter storms. Our turn for a weather generated catastrophe is coming is coming soon. Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”