I got some Shit for you

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

I got some Shit for you

Post by MJPease » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:12 am

How much do you think it costs to renew a USA Permanent Resident Alien Green Card? Not a new application but a renewal. Should be similar to an enhanced license, wouldn't you think. $450.00 I just told Lucy I'm not paying it. She's got no other option but to move back to France :mrgreen: Unless Canada has a better price on Permanent Residency. Oh! She wants to call the French Consulate now :mrgreen: I guess I'll have to start a benefit to raise money to avoid Lucy's deportation. I figure we'll need to raise about 30,000 or so 450.00 for the green card and 29,550 for my medical bills after the beating She's about to deliver on me :smack:
Immigration Reform: Appears like a pretty good racket already. I did all of the paperwork electronically on line, bam 450.00, nice work if you can get it. Like I said a renewal not a new application. Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Re: I got some Shit for you

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:51 pm

Well, guess whose not renewing her license. This gal right here. The government can kiss the dark side of my planet before I ever give them 450.00 dollars. Avidi Bastardi! :soapbox:

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Back in the day when I got my green card they were permanent... as in "permanent resident". Now I think they are only good for 10 years at a time. I don't have to do that any more since I got naturalized. Canada will still give me a passport, as will Germany. I don't think I will ever need another passport, though... not likely to be travelling in the near or distant future.
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:11 pm

At first, I thought you said neutered and I was like "Well, that's not good." And then I read it again and went oh okay, read it wrong.. :shrug:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:03 am

Oh Yeah! Heinzs Doesn't have to do that anymore ever since he got neutered. I'm still Lmao! We thought about having Lucy go through getting neutered LOL or Naturalized but she didn't seem to push hard for it on her own. It's a very personal thing. Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:27 am

If she were to go to Canada and sneak back in ... would she qualify for Obamnesty ?

Might be worth checking out.

:hello:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:20 am

Hello Preston, Thanks so much for bringing this up again my Friend. The snow storm has put this subject on the back burner and we forgot all about it. Our memories are not all that sharp or should I say attention spans have become quite short. We are going to renew her Green Card for now. I have wondered how her situation if at all would be effected by the current political crisis. Lucy has as I do liberal principles with 4 grown adult children who are conservative republicans. I constantly clash with the kids on political issues. I have yet to ask them how they feel about this issue with their Mothers current immigration status. I know how they feel about, as you put it Obamesty. I sometimes wonder if they even realize that they are offspring of a Woman who came to this country as a young girl of 18 from France. Went to school for nursing met their Father had the four of them was widowed while they were very young and raised them while working full time at Buffalo General Hospital. Her hard work of 43 years is what I would guess probably assisted in giving them the ability to be the successful selfish conservative republicans that they have become. Wouldn't it be ironic if their Mother was forced to return to France because of her expired green card. Maybe it would be the best thing to happen for the both of us. They actually respect the elderly in Europe and health care is not big business. I know I've been there and I've been sick while being there. I remember trying to show the Physician my Blue Cross and Blue shield card while in France and he just said NO No No. They were more concerned with me as a patient than me as a dollar sign never was billed a penny including scripts. I was only joking or playing with the 450.00 cost of the green card that's for 10 years or 45.00 a year. Lucy is 75 now so we'll probably only have to renew it 3 or 4 more times. So i figure it will cost us no more than 1800.00 for the next 40 years. It will probably cost more than that to become Naturalized. :mrgreen: Take Care

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”