It's The Gun Stupid

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Re: It's The Gun Stupid

Post by gordy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:26 pm

i dont live in canada....so i dont understand why that is relevant
-----------------------------

My Jesus hung out with thieves and sluts and liars, which Jesus do you worship?

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Procrastination is his cohort
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:27 pm

i would definitely like the option to be a hero. maybe it wouldn't play out for me either but who knows

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:31 pm

I can't answer that because the scenario is far less likely to happen in Canada then you seem to believe where you live. Like I said statistically more innocent people are killed by relatives here and even by cops than by criminals. Why would I dwell under such paranoia if the threat is negligible. Maybe if people couldn't get permits to sell guns out of apartments in America (all they need for a license to sell guns is a clean criminal record), the punk down the street wouldn't be carrying one to fuel your fears.

If you are afraid to tackle the gun lobby then you are too afraid to do much about anything that flows from it.

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:32 pm

well i gotta go listen to my guns n roses cd's and sex pistols tapes. while i watch john wayne movies and stare at my sarah palin poster just like all us crazy american gun nuts always do. :) talk to ya later :hello: :cheers:

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:39 pm

you still insist that the people who are likely to shoot someone is going to obtain a gun legally only and would be thwarted by gun laws? seriously? there are sooooooooooo many guns out there now i really dont see what gun laws will do to stop the street killings? the black on black crime the daily shootings in chicago and cincinnati and all over the united states. thats what im talking about. the random shooting sprees by mentally challenged people like sandy hook etc are the least of the problem but the main focus for some reason. maybe the reason other countries dont understand the gun issue is because their countries arent saturated with guns so its easy to sit back and say do this or do that. i just dont see a solution being expressed that is feasible. somehow all the guns need to go away but i dont see how. in the meantime taking guns away from law abiding citizens makes no sense to me

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:50 pm

gordy wrote:well i gotta go listen to my guns n roses cd's and sex pistols tapes. while i watch john wayne movies and stare at my sarah palin poster just like all us crazy american gun nuts always do. :) talk to ya later :hello: :cheers:
What no Ted Nugent? I think Palin is quite attractive until she says incredibly ugly things. When she does that she reminds of some few high school girls who instigate fights or make up gossip and then sit back and enjoy the results of their nastiness. Also I liked the Duke in some of his dusters.

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:56 pm

yes i will put on my terrible ted albums also i guess i will also watch "strange brew" in your honor :mrgreen: :roll:

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:03 pm

Here it's gangs like the UN gang fighting with the Red Scorpions or the Bacon brothers and of course the aging but still somewhat relevant Hells Angels. Chinese vs Sikhs vs Jamaicans vs Rednecks. The only thing we seem to be missing is some clockwork orange types in bowlers and face paint.

Really it's almost laughable watching them drive around in black Beemers and occasionally shooting the hell out of each other. They take their posturing and strutting so very seriously until they are arrested and then they cry to their lawyers like the cowards they really are. You've got to be a little slow on the uptake to consider this lifestyle a step up. The price of gold might drop, if not for our bangers as they help- keep the mines open, which is a good thing. Once pot is completely open for sale, their revenue sources may shrink however.

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:10 pm

gordy wrote:yes i will put on my terrible ted albums also i guess i will also watch "strange brew" in your honor :mrgreen: :roll:
Throw in some Kid Rock, Meatloaf and Hank Williams Jr. along with Nugent and you can have a Aryan nations hootenanny.

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:15 pm

mmmmm meatloaf!

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:31 pm

It must be nice to live in that Utopian place called Canada then. Cause where I live, home invasions, muggings, rape, murder, are all very real threats.
Am I at risk of being raped on a bicycle path in the evening? Of course not, but that doesn't mean I should take away a woman's right to protect herself because the danger poses no threat to me.

"It's The Gun Stupid"? So when you went shooting, how many people did your gun run around and kill with or without you holding it? That's not fair, I know. Maybe it's a poor shot, but how many people did it randomly fire at in its anger filled rage towards humanity?

I like your sources, I'm sure I could counter that with a bunch of right wing published polls and research statistics as well if I cared to look them up, but I don't. I just have a problem being lumped into stupidity because I am a responsible gun owner and you have this preconceived notion that all gun owners are racist, or was it just stupid? I don't know, I'm just tired of reading your bullshit. It's a never ending amount, that never seems to fully dry.

Also the requirements to become a Federal Firearms Licensee are a little more involved than you wrote.
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/how-to/become-an-ffl.html
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:08 pm

thief of dreams wrote:It must be nice to live in that Utopian place called Canada then.
I like it even though it's not quite a Utopia. Maybe we're a bit Pollyannaish about the threats in the world that are perceived by you. My newscast this morning had our streets full of people running for one cause or another. It seems the news runs that way almost every day with the odd bit of foreign intrigue, war. We get thousands of people every day all summer doing volunteer work or simply joining their neighbors for fund raising events. I walk with my grandchildren through city streets after dark; going to movies, beach festivals, fireworks displays with few worries but with common sense precaution. Bad news from America is a discordant issue amidst all this because it is where many of us choose to spend our hard earned holidays.

We tend to see guns as a threat in that light not a solution. I had a use for guns growing up as I went hunting with my grandfather and black powder shooting with my uncle. I don't see any inanimate object as intrinsically bad until it becomes obsessive like the open carry fetishist in some states.

Looking for threats in frozen foods at Target:

http://postimage.org/

Care to debate politics with this giant intellect once he mixes his booze talk with bullets?

How would you like to be the clerk charged to stop these boys from shoplifting or anything else?

That both Terry and Gordy see the difference in the way Canada treats gun ownership compared to America as a reason to get defensive or feel some personal insult simply proves my thesis on how differently we view a so called "right". I think solutions exist where it seems they have no hope for any.

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:02 pm

thief of dreams wrote:, I'm just tired of reading your bullshit. It's a never ending amount, that never seems to fully dry.
Tough talk. Want to settle this hombre? Say noon, in Dodge City, in front of the corral? Super soakers at 10 paces wearing only tighty whities. We'll see who's got the biggest cojones then!

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:07 pm

still waiting on said "solutions"

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Maybe Chris Rock had the right idea about charging a 5000 dollar tax on every bullet sold. That way, palefaces can keep their thunder sticks as Cochise used to call them on the old tv series "Broken Arrow".

I always liked that show although the rocks that were placed on the sound stage looked suspiciously like the same ones in the lone ranger. Funny how those paper mache rocks looked alike in the old dusters.

I wonder how many guys remember the Davy Crockett hat fad. My neighbor had one and wore it everyday until it started to look like he was getting skull humped by a wet rat. I used to have a vinyl record of the legend of Pecos Bill when I was a wee lad and a pair of silver cap pistols to go with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHC8o9GNI8k

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”