What can we do to improve PoetryPages attendance?

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Re: What can we do to improve PoetryPages attendance?

Post by heinzs » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:28 pm

It does my soul good to see all of you respond. I have no intention of closing down. I do miss Kim (Berlie) though, but I understand her dedication to her publishing work, especially since it helps pay the bills. Also, Kim is still supporting us by paying the server fees and domain registration.

The Pages have needed a php.bbs upgrade for some time now. I'm just not comfortable running one. I think the first step is to do a "backup"... :shock: I should figure out how to do that first, I guess.

My best to you good folks.

:hearts: :hugs:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

Moushka
Blue Sea Poet
Tag line: Trusting God

Post by Moushka » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:07 pm

I find that I can open poetry pages as a tab along with my other ventures, and just go back and forth between tabs. I just have to remember to open the tab when I sit down. It's kind of fun :thumbsup: going back and forth between all the tabs. :hello:
Stuck on Number 2. Learning to begin.
1.Believe 2.Belong 3.Become
1.Awareness 2.Acceptance 3.Action

Moushka
Blue Sea Poet
Tag line: Trusting God

Post by Moushka » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:58 pm

Moushka wrote:I find that I can open poetry pages as a tab along with my other ventures, and just go back and forth between tabs. I just have to remember to open the tab when I sit down. It's kind of fun :thumbsup: going back and forth between all the tabs. :hello:
I didn't do what I said. :hello: I will try harder. :bump:
Stuck on Number 2. Learning to begin.
1.Believe 2.Belong 3.Become
1.Awareness 2.Acceptance 3.Action

Delsol
Clearwater Poet

Post by Delsol » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:29 pm

It saddens me deeply at times to realize the 'golden years' of poetry boards may be behind us; yet, I am also profoundly grateful for the years we had. Oh how I miss enjoying and sharing poetry online! Such wonderful connections is cyberspace - exciting, honest conversations - true depth. What a privilege - beautiful, profound yet also simple and raw. FaceBook cannot hold a candle to the kind of magic we wove. My life took me in a different direction for awhile; but now that my muse is waking and willing to write, I realize... no one is there with whom to share. Perhaps the tide will change yet again. I am willing to be present, and try. Blessings to all present, and those who may return. :hello:
"Ink runs from the corners of my mouth. There is no happiness like mine. I have been eating poetry." Mark Strand

heinzs
The Fat Cat

Post by heinzs » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:29 pm

Blessings to you, Shannon. It was a glorious run while we had it, and we should not diminish our memories by burying them in regret. Time is what it is, and we are simply flotsam in its immense flow. I am ever thankful for those moments when the bits of us happen to bump together and share, for one moment, something that cannot be described in its beauty.

:hearts:

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:43 pm

:hello: :hello: :hello: :thewave:

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:52 am

Heinz said: "... It was a glorious run while we had it, and we should not diminish our memories by burying them in regret. Time is what it is, and we are simply flotsam in its immense flow. I am ever thankful for those moments when the bits of us happen to bump together and share, for one moment, something that cannot be described in its beauty...."

^^Beautiful Heinz. :bow: :thumbsup: :hello:

I have written a few poemishes the past 5+ years. Maybe I'll post one or two of those on the Pages. I've written many blog posts on my little corner-of-cyberspace blog.

I seldom have energy to socialize anymore...online or in 3D. Other than my blog, I've slowly given up online life. I deactivated my FB account in May, 2016. Even though I wasn't real active, just looking at my FB newsfeed would zap my energy.

Right now I'm recuperating from another hip replacement surgery. This summer we discovered my hip replacement joint from 2008 was leeching cobalt and chromium into my body. That hip from 2008 was recalled in 2010. We kept an eye on it through 2012 and I thought I was in the clear. But, I wasn't. This summer we found that cobalt levels had gone up over 90% and chromium over 65% since 2012.

Even though the cobalt and chromium levels have gone up, Dr. Surgeon says that typically, for my kind of widespread nerve damage, levels are 5 to 10 x higher. I'm seldom "typical," so I'm still holding out hope that as the metal levels come down, I'll get some improvement with the nerve damage. It takes one to two years for the metal levels to come down.

There is a lawsuit involved. The surgeon sent my defective hip and tissue and fluid samples to a lab for evidence. It will probably be 1 to 3 years for a settlement, if any. Both the lawyers and surgeon think I will get some sort of settlement. We'll see.

Hopefully getting the faulty hip out and a new-one-of-a-different-kind in will help the widespread nerve damage that started in 2011 but went misdiagnosed for 2 years. In 2013, the eighth doctor I saw finally had a (what appears) proper diagnosis which is cervical and lumbar radiculopathy and probable autoimuune connective tissue disorder, though he didn't know what the connective tissue disorder is because my blood tests were always good...until we found the elevated metal levels this past summer.

The nerve damage has spread to all my limbs and extremities and my back and neck and jaws. It's been beyond tough, and often, a living nightmare. My symptoms have mimicked ALS. :darn: My arms have been the worst. I now receive lumbar epidurals every 12 weeks and cervical neck shots every 6 weeks, to keep me functioning. I received my 14th epidural (since January, 2014) on August 8, 2016. Good news is, I began seeing improvement in symptoms beginning in July, 2015, after I added Charlotte's Web hemp extract to my regimen. But, the nerve damage still continued to spread. The last time it spread was January, 2016, to my jaws. Hopefully it won't spread anymore.

Recovery from the surgery is much more complicated due to the nerve damage. My arms are having to bear my body weight until I can put weight on my surgery leg. I won't get clearance to start to doing that until 9/28. Surgery was on 8/30.

So...that's the short story and at least part of the reason I'm not around as much...anywhere.

The Pages will always have a special place in my heart. :hearts:
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:26 pm

I posted 3 poems! Yay me! :)

And I commented on a few too.

:thewave:
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

heinzs
The Fat Cat

Post by heinzs » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:49 pm

Thank you, Carol! :hearts: :hugs:

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:33 am

You're welcome!

Funny...perusing my previous post, I see I stated that it was the "short" version.
But, it's kind of a long post.
Yet, it's still the short version. :mrgreen:
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:16 pm

I'm working on a few pieces I plan to post soon. :hello:

heinzs
The Fat Cat

Post by heinzs » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:11 pm

:hearts: :hello:

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:21 pm

:hello:

heinzs
The Fat Cat

Post by heinzs » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:56 pm

It's not really working... I'd be depressed if I didn't just love this place so much...

:crying:

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:40 am

I do think it's a social media trend. Seems any online discussion boards I was once a part of have dwindled as far as activity and maybe have moved more to FB.

I'm mostly out of the social media circles now. And, for the most part, I think my life is better for it...for now.

I don't think of PPs or my blog as "social media."
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”