I finally wrote a poem

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

I finally wrote a poem

Post by MJPease » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:55 am

Unfortunately it was in a dream last night. It was pretty dam good. Only problem I can't remember it. I'm getting too old and slow to get up in the middle of the night and grab a pen. :shrug:
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Re: I finally wrote a poem

Post by bags123 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:13 am

:darn:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:00 am

After watching Expecting Mary, I dreamed (dreamt ?) of Cybil Shepherd singing Killing Me Softly.

Always thought the song was about Jackson Brown, but it turns out I was wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcz3EZUhh1Q

:computer:

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:27 pm

I've had the problem of dreaming about hot guys... Actually, that isn't a problem at all.. Good night. :hello:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:11 am

I find that as I age it's harder for me to remember my dreams when I awake, but if I wake up during a dream I can usually remember it, and if I like it, bookmark it, and resume it when I fall back to sleep. If it's a dream I don't want to continue, I can usually will it away, and start a new one, but it takes longer to get back to sleep. When I was younger I could wake up, and recall all the details of dreams I had the night before. Now it's pretty rare that I can recall even the most general of details. Has anyone else found it to be that way?
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:00 am

Hello Preston, Seems like it's been a long time. The words to a poem or a song sometimes fit perfectly like a glove and dole out a soft sense of reality. Better than a slap in the face
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:12 am

Hello bags, I've pretty much lost all of what you talk about in regard to dreams, I chalk it up to Drugs (prescription opiates) they pretty much drain the mentality part of life right out of you. :shrug: People who do them for recreation are complete tools in my book. They most likely didn't have a mind to waste in the first place.
Back in the day when I worked I would at times go to bed with a work related problem on my mind. Wake up the next morning refreshed with a plan for my work and all I had to do is work the plan. It was if I dreamt of the solution. :hello:

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:15 am

Hello LadySaturn, Dreaming about the Westies again. :hello:

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:27 pm

I dream a lot, In fact I'm dreaming right now that I'm typing something on the pages. %&*$ my dreams are boring.

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:29 pm

I wish I was at least napping. The ladies hockey game kept me up past my nap time :shrug:

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:27 pm

MJPease wrote:I wish I was at least napping. The ladies hockey game kept me up past my nap time :shrug:
Ladies do have their way of keeping us 'up', don't they? :cheers:

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:56 am

Sorry you lost the poem in your dream Michael.

I dream regularly. My dreams are quite vivid and involved. Sometimes I remember them as I awake in the AM...or later in the day as I'm performing monotonous tasks...the dream from the previous night pops into my head. I seldom write them down because they are so complex. Some would make great Pixar movies...pink elephants and all. :mrgreen:
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:46 am

Hey token I mean nekot sounds like you have a free subscription to Netflix going on in your brain. Very cool :hello: Take Care

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

nekot
Poetry Piper

Post by nekot » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:07 am

Re dreaming in the brain...I've always felt like I dream in my abdomen...my head has always felt too physically little for all that activity.

Maybe we dream all inside our bodies...wherever those neurons gather to hang out in groups. ???

:thewave:
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

Gillian
PP Chancellor

Post by Gillian » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:27 am

I used to dream about designing shoes, and jewelry. If I could only draw them from a dream memory, (the shoes), I could become the next Christian Louboutin or Jimmy Choo. Or Jillienne. I think the drugs (legit but prescribed) that you take can really affect your dream life sometimes in a weird way. But you all knew that, right?

Gillian

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”