Who's tracking who ?

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Who's tracking who ?

Post by preston » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:33 am

Installed Mozilla's Lightbeam on my computer this morning ... then went to healhtcare.gov

Almost immediately 37 different entities were flagged as tracking me.

Nice to know the gummit is so interested in my online activities.

:computer:

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Re: Who's tracking who ?

Post by LadySaturn » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:06 pm

Tell NSA and the Feds I said hi. :hello: :devil:

Speaking of which, what is up with you visiting the naughty sites lately..

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:45 am

LadySaturn wrote:Speaking of which, what is up with you visiting the naughty sites lately..
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/heidi-montag- ... eekly.html

Does that include Jennifer Anniston cutting off her hair and Heidi Montag downsizing her boobs.

:thewave:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:19 am

My Nortons finds about 20 to 30 tracking cookies each time I run it :shrug: and I do it at least twice a week. I've been doing a lot of research lately on various household upgrades and I guess the entire world wants to know about it. So here it goes full disclosure: Yes! Our house is now entirely LED no more CFL or incandescent lights, including LED rated dimmers. Televisions are being upgraded to Panasonic Smart Plasma 50-ST-60 series w/Zvox sound bar and Oppo blu ray Living Room. 65-ST-60 for home theatre w/ existing Yamaha and Paradigm system. 50" Pioneer Elite is going out to my shop. We are buying a new kitchen sink and faucet. You see there's no need for all of these tracking cookies if you want to know what I'm up to. Just ask :hello: Seriously! What do they learn from all of the tracking cookies? What's the end game? Marketing or something else?
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:47 am

I switched to led lights a couple years ago. The tomatoes love 'em. Less heat, and electricity,...plus the light spectrum is very adaptable to whatever you're growing. Which varies in my case. :cheers:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:21 am

bags123 wrote: The tomatoes love 'em.. :cheers:
Wow you really are old. You'll be calling them dames or broads next. :cool:

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:01 am

That we are being watched over is a fundamental tenet of almost all earthly religions.
Spirits ... angels ... semi-divine beings ... even the grand creator himself.

That, I don't mind.

I suspect they've intervened before ... because if there's one constant throughout the history of mankind, it's that we cannot be trusted to look out for our own best interests.

Some of the comments coming out of Washington suggest that the people running our country consider themselves to be godlike beings whose job it is to watch over (read socially and biologically engineer) the rest of us cuz we're too dumb to know what's best for us.

I've seen nothing in my lifetime to suggest that the people in power are in any way benign or advanced enough to be trusted with the kind of power they currently wield.
We all know power corrupts ... and the higher up the food chain you go the more corrupting power becomes.
It's counter-intuitive to think that the people currently directing this spying on our daily lives have our best interests at heart.

This kind of surveillance is all about control.
The more they know about you the more they can direct your actions, your beliefs ... your view of reality.

History teaches us that we are not yet advanced enough for any one individual or small cabal of ruling elite to be able to handle the kind of power we're talking about.
It always ends badly for the rest of us.

Case in point ...
In the aftermath of Fukushima ... we should have been able to count on our world leaders to pool our collective knowledge, gather the best and brightest minds and come up with a way to minimize and contain the radiation discharge.

Instead, the countries who had the expertise to come up with a solution to this most pressing problem ... decided to start a war in Libya.

~

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:39 am

This kind of surveillance is all about control.
The more they know about you the more they can direct your actions, your beliefs ... your view of reality.
I'm in total agreement with you brother! Funny thing is,....the younger the individual, the more they don't seem to mind being subjected to it. People our age have lived enough history, and heard enough rhetorical BS through the years, from both sides,... that we understand the threat to those principals we were taught to believe in. Let's face it,...a lot has changed since we were in school. Being a New Yorker by birth,..I was taught about the immigrations from Europe as they sailed past the Statue of Liberty on their way to the Promised Land. America was a haven for the poor, the tired, the oppressed masses. An open door inviting all to her shores. We were taught that America was a Republic, not an empire. A place which God had blessed to be lead by the majority after each citizen cast an equal vote. My Dad fought in the European theater during WW2,...and I've always been proud of him for it. He, like I believed that to be the last "necessary war". Anything that followed were wars for profit. I think I was about 10-11 when I first started to realize that much of what I'd been taught so far,.. didn't jibe with my perceived reality of what was actually going on. From that point on the whole story started to unravel, piece, by piece,....until here I am today. A curmudgeonly, old, reactionary, cynical, mystic. Who would have thought?
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan

Poet of the Month
March 2011

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:48 am

Eternum 1 wrote:
bags123 wrote: The tomatoes love 'em.. :cheers:
Wow you really are old. You'll be calling them dames or broads next. :cool:
Hey,....I remember when we called em "wenches". :mrgreen:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:36 am

I was about 8 or 9 when I started to figure out that something was amiss.
The death of JFK and the Beatles Boycott of 1966 sort of cemented my distrust of authority news sources.

I've since looked at everything with a critical eye.
And the dominant theme is control.

I think, intuitively, people know ... but having grown up in post WW II America ... we were the recipients of the victory people like your father helped to achieve ... and we were well rewarded for our allegiance to American imperialism.
To the victor go the spoils.

I was indoctrinated at an early age into the gospel of consumerism.
I preferred it to war and religion.

I can't say I regret the lifestyle ... but as I came to realize that this was all being paid for in human suffering I began to consume less and try to give more back.

Consumerism, like war and religion is a tough addiction to kick.

:computer:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:07 am

Merry Chonsumeris my friend. Like the Bacchanalian festivals of old,...full of too many libations and other excesses. Something about we humans always steers us away from moderation in everything we do. It's ashame really,...because we do have a few good traits as well. They're just usually covered up with all the bad ones,...like Greed. :cheers:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:38 pm

i like fudgesticks
:hello:
-----------------------------

My Jesus hung out with thieves and sluts and liars, which Jesus do you worship?

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Procrastination is his cohort
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:20 pm

gordy wrote:i like fudgesticks
:hello:
And lo, thou art perceived.

~

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:42 am

bags123 wrote:I switched to led lights a couple years ago. The tomatoes love 'em. Less heat, and electricity,...plus the light spectrum is very adaptable to whatever you're growing. Which varies in my case. :cheers:
Careful there Bagsy, DEA could be tracking ya. :hello:

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:45 am

I guess no one gave Washington the memo that North Korea has EMP weapons and such given to them by Russia that could take out the whole united states electric grids, technology and so forth. Man, they're gonna be pissed one day when they turn on their computers and nothing happens. :hello:

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”