Let's talk Cookies?

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Let's talk Cookies?

Post by MJPease » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:46 am

If you like to have a cookie now and then. Let's talk about what kind, homemade, store bought, with milk, coffee, a snack, breakfast or like myself at times dinner :mrgreen: Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Nefertari
Queen of the Nile

Re: Let's talk Cookies?

Post by Nefertari » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:25 am

HAHA....SOUNDS JUST LIKE MY HUSBAND....Cookies seem to be fair game for any meal. And I am not sure he has ever met a cookie that he didn't like. :lol:
The Queen of ancient Egypt, fair and wise.

IT'S DUSTY IN HERE, CLEAN MY PYRAMID!

The Nile is rising...now I've got MUD!!

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:41 am

My favorite is Oatmeal Raisan,....but Chocolate Chips will work in a pinch. :cheers:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:02 pm

I don't get down to Chinatown that often but when I do there's a bakery there that makes saucer sized almond cookies with little chunks of candied ginger. I usually get some bbq pork and bbq duck fresh hot from the deli and a couple of these cookies. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Gotta take a trip soon.

http://www.tnt-supermarket.com/en/weekly_special.php

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:42 pm

Oh, I was at the store today and I noticed Oreo had their Halloween cookies out with the orange frosting. So I got some. Wasn't planning on it but hey... It is what it is. Has anyone else noticed that Keebler's cookies are smaller especially the chocolate mint ones. Wth... :shrug: Damn elves be ripping people off.

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:20 pm

Them Keebler Elves are bad ass bakers. I dig the peanut butter chocolate cookies the little rascals make and they're 4 bags for 10.00 this week. As far as Oreo's last week they were on sale the peanut butter stuffed :oops: I ate the entire bag in three days. Luckily I bought 4 they didn't have the Halloween ones yet. How about Nabisco Nutter Butters :wink: I guess I'm setting a trend here; Yes! I like peanut butter and chocolate put them together and that's even better. I like a good old fashioned ginger snap and macadamia nut cookies as well. Lets keep talking cookies Take Care
LadySaturn, Yes I did notice the smaller package. They got the nerve to say different packaging same great taste or something like that on the package instead of saying smaller package less product same pricing. Have you bought a # of coffee or a half gallon of Ice cream lately. Breyers Ice cream is now 1.5 qt. Everything is shrinking
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:22 pm

Oh tell me about it.. If you take a gander at your butter container, you'll see that is shrinking too. It's crazy... If it wasn't for my couponing and matching sales to those coupons and going to four different stores all in walking distance to save my family would never eat.. Well they'd eat less. Last month alone I got four hundred dollars worth of groceries for fifty dollars. Not bad... Oh and I love nutter butters.. I also love it when Spring time rolls around because the Girl Scouts around here sell cookies and I can't resist buying a couple of boxes. However, noticed this past Spring that the quantity was even smaller... :shrug:

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:15 pm

fudgesticks
-----------------------------

My Jesus hung out with thieves and sluts and liars, which Jesus do you worship?

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Procrastination is his cohort
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:49 am

Hello Gordy, Sometimes it's better to just talk about cookies :cool: I like fudge sticks. Take Care

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:35 pm

i love them
-----------------------------

My Jesus hung out with thieves and sluts and liars, which Jesus do you worship?

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Procrastination is his cohort
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

Nefertari
Queen of the Nile

Post by Nefertari » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Oatmeal Chocolate chip with a big glass of ice cold milk.....oh my that sounds good. :roll:
The Queen of ancient Egypt, fair and wise.

IT'S DUSTY IN HERE, CLEAN MY PYRAMID!

The Nile is rising...now I've got MUD!!

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”