Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:04 am

According to Ray Kurzweil. Humanity will be completely integrated with its own technology by 2045. Anyone who refuses to be biochipped will be looked at by the those that have, as "mentally challenged" . According to Kurzweil, immortality could be had by those who could afford it. I'm glad I'll be dead before they can program me. :book:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Re: 2045

Post by gordy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:19 pm

according to my 8th grade teacher everything should be being done by robots right now and i should be driving a flying car..... :shrug:
-----------------------------

My Jesus hung out with thieves and sluts and liars, which Jesus do you worship?

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Procrastination is his cohort
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:06 pm

Was your 8th grade teacher a Republican? They always get things wrong. :thewave:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:09 pm

im not sure all i cared about back then was football and baseball, no politics.....the good ole days :wink:

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Then I'm mentally challenged.. :shrug:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:42 am

Hello bags, I have not heard of or read Ray Kurweil ( I will ) but I can agree on the concept of human integration with technology. Not so sure about 2045, I've just read an article in Smithsonian "The Printed World" 3d printing promises a factory in every home and a whole lot more by Elizabeth Royte
A quick look into the article would be that this would eventually be Wal-Mart in the palm of our hands. Nothing would become obsolete, need a replacement part print it. Need a new pair of shoes print them to fit your feet exactly. Need a new body organ print it. Sounds unbelievable :shock: "The Wake Forest Institute For Regenerative Medicine Prints ear nose and bone scaffolds that can be coated with cells to grow body parts." Hell this is only 2013 who the hell knows what can be accomplished in 32 years. OLED TV technology is enough to flip me out or the more familiar OLED little screen on your smart phone and once this Organic LED technology is maximized to its full potential it will change the way we light our homes and business's as if we were the Jetsons. We'll be putting up TV screens just like wall paper. The same goes for lighting, Task lighting no sweat turn the ceiling into a light. The negative aspect is I'm an art deco kind of guy and I can't see this technology lending itself to my taste in art. If into modern art it has potential. At my age I don't think I'll have that much of a compatibility issue. :mrgreen: Although I would like to stick around long enough to see some of this very cool shit come to fruition.
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:30 am

Hello Again bags, I just read an article from Time on Ray Kurzweil the Singularitarian I took to heart the closing comment "Kurzweil likes to point out the average cell phone is about one millionth the size of a millionth the price of and a thousand times more powerful than the computer that he worked with at MIT 40 years ago" Things are advancing at a much faster pace these days so that 2045 prediction is probably dead nuts on. In the old days planned obsolescence seemed to be held in check now it's no holds barred let it rip as with TV. CRT--BW----Color TV-----------Flat Screen- Plasma LCD LED 4K OLED- Quad Core Smart TV- Is it a TV, Telephone or a Computer? :shrug:
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:23 pm

I agree with Mike, especially about the 3d printer. Imagine you need a tool like a screwdriver or a wrench. Just press a button and voila. Of course in America, the first things made will be guns that get through metal detectors but aside from that, imagine the benefits to the space program! Instead of transporting a plethora of items by space shuttle you just send printers and slabs of recyclable plastic. Need a table or chair, voila.... a panel to repair a micro meteor hole? no problem, How about a new space helmet. You get the idea.

Of course the applications here on earth are endless too and won't that throw a wrench into overseas manufacturing if every house becomes its own factory. Effin amazin along with the new microcomputers potential to change bio-technology............it's a whole new world.

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:15 pm

so should i be buying stock in 3D plastic toner ? :lol:

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:02 pm

gordy wrote:so should i be buying stock in 3D plastic toner ? :lol:
It's already a billion dollar industry but yes if you can afford to buy stock in industries related to 3-d manufacturing, do so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_printing

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:13 am

Eternum 1 wrote:I agree with Mike, especially about the 3d printer. Imagine you need a tool like a screwdriver or a wrench. Just press a button and voila. Of course in America, the first things made will be guns that get through metal detectors but aside from that, imagine the benefits to the space program! Instead of transporting a plethora of items by space shuttle you just send printers and slabs of recyclable plastic. Need a table or chair, voila.... a panel to repair a micro meteor hole? no problem, How about a new space helmet. You get the idea.

Of course the applications here on earth are endless too and won't that throw a wrench into overseas manufacturing if every house becomes its own factory. Effin amazin along with the new microcomputers potential to change bio-technology............it's a whole new world.
Too late.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/0 ... 22669.html

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:39 am

You're not going to get me to test fire one of those plastic guns. :shock: I need my hands and fingers. I don't see the big deal or all the hoopla about the 3d printer being used to make a gun. I think it was a big publicity stunt. What would draw more attention to 3d printing we just duplicated a spoon or a gun. Just wait until it really takes off and redefines the way we conduct ourselves from day to day. Being the Humans that we are copyright infringement seems like it will be a big problem. Got a patent. Well you might as well wipe your but with it. I think the benefits to humankind will outweigh the negatives. Bring it on. Here's to 2045 :cheers: immortality for all that choose it. Our great Granddaughter Naomi is visiting from Florida with her Mom right now. Naomi is 5 months old, so she will be a ripe old 32 in 2045. I was having a conversation with her about this :roll: kind of one sided she just looked at me and smiled every now and then as if I was nuts. Her Mom our granddaughter just turned 30, so she'll be 62. Then again Kurzweil says that from his age reversal research with his doctor and the 200 pills or so he takes he's 20 years younger than his actual 62 right now :shock: Isn't that special :mrgreen: Look out for that bus :shrug: Modern medicine is putting years on the calendar for all of us I'm a perfect example. I'm a firm believer in Quality not Quantity (unless were talking about cookies) Take Care

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:55 am

Personally I like wafer cookies. The kind with the frosting in the middle. I usually get the strawberry and chocolate ones. And sometimes I'll take them apart and mix match them.... What's that about 2045 again... I forgot. :shrug:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:34 am

Have you tried Loacker Quadratini Lemon bite size wafer cookies (all natural) made in Austria or their Dark Chocolate etc. etc. etc. :thewave: Now that's something you can't duplicate with a 3d printer or avoid as we melt into our own technology Cookies :mrgreen:

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:45 pm

Nope, can't say I haven't. Will have to try them... And if printing cookies ever became an option I don't people would leave their homes. :hello:

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”