Not Now

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Not Now

Post by MJPease » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:52 am

I'm watching the Buffalo Bills/Baltimore Ravens Bal 7 Buf 6 2nd 11:59 :thewave:
TOUCHDOWN BILLS :thewave: Bal 7 Buf 13 2nd 8:40 :thewave:
Interception Bills :thewave: 8:05 2nd
TOUCHDOWN BILLS :thewave: Bal 7 Bills 20 6:52 2nd
Baltimore Fumbles Bills take over inside the 20 (under review) call on the field overturned :shock: :roll: :crying: :evil: :shrug: :no: :badword:
HALF TIME BAl 7 Buf 20
NAP TIME :hello:
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Re: Not Now

Post by gordy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:19 pm

nice update :)
-----------------------------

My Jesus hung out with thieves and sluts and liars, which Jesus do you worship?

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Procrastination is his cohort
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:42 am

I was never much of a football fan. You can usually judge the winning team by the number of felons on it. :computer: Years ago,...I followed baseball a little bit. Now it's all about the money. Like most professional sports I guess. I watched the US Open this year. Nadal was amazing in the final against Djokavic.
I think the winner got a paltry 3.5 million. :mrgreen: That's about it for me as far as sports on TV. Didn't Baltimore originally have the Colts as a team? How did they morph into the Ravens all of a sudden? There are teams now that I never heard of before. The Tennesee Titans, the Jacksonville Jaguars, The Vancouver Stoners. It's a different world out there now. Ever since Pro Wrestling became Show wrestling to gain a bigger audience. It's all about the money
I don't think Mickey Mantle ever made more than 55,000 annually as a player. Now they're paying 50 million for someone not even half as good. Most of the
jocks today are whining little prima donnas. Tiger Woods? What an A------ with a capital A. It's apparently,...never enough, and for what? So he could give it all away in a divorce? Plus,...Golf isn't even a sport. It's like billiards on grass. People are crazy, but rich sports guys are completely whacked nowadays. :soapbox:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:47 pm

:bow:
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”