Cross Border Pot Shopping

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Cross Border Pot Shopping

Post by Eternum 1 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:23 pm

I have another reason to cross the border and shop in Washington state. Just got back with some cannabis & maple cured bacon, some pot smoked salmon and of course, the inevitable baked goods, hemp clothing, soaps etc.. Looks like the industry is off to a great start since northwest voters legalised the ol skunk weed last year.

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Re: Cross Border Pot Shopping

Post by LadySaturn » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:14 am

Better use the word medical every time you talk about the puff, puff. Unless of course you like the Feds visiting. :hello:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:52 am

It's remarkable to me,...that aside from smoking it,....there's an entire industry that's been created on the internet for growers. All kinds of fertilizers, hydro, and organic soil mixes especially blended specifically for cannabis. Tents' and grow lights of all descriptions. Ducting, fans,...you name it,...you can get it. Many traditional nursereys have jumped on the bandwagon too. Stocking many of these supply items. They know it's not for growing roses. I'm glad Washington and Colorado finally passed their laws. It'll be interesting to see how it will be implemented, and how the Federal Govt responds. :computer:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:33 pm

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:14 am

Eternum 1 wrote:I have another reason to cross the border and shop in Washington state. Just got back with some cannabis & maple cured bacon, some pot smoked salmon and of course, the inevitable baked goods, hemp clothing, soaps etc.. Looks like the industry is off to a great start since northwest voters legalised the ol skunk weed last year.

Just curious if you declared it upon reentry to Canada? How did the border gaurds treat it? Thanks
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Showed my receipts at customs and they just waved me on through. The THC levels in these products doesn't fit the illicit drug guidelines. No need to buy the actual weed down there as the area I live in is overrun with grow ops. The local bud has won the award for most potent in the Amsterdam contest for 3 out of 5 years.

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:34 pm

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:01 am

:mrgreen: The Dogs sure do look stoned to me, don't they. They should be arrested :cool: for being too cool. It's nice to be back home. The South as in Greenville, South Carolina is a nice place to visit but the weather is pretty funky. I don't like flash floods, daily tornado warnings, and tropical storms like Andrea. We drove in rain that was like driving in a car wash and then the roads would turn into lakes. Give me an occasional Buffalo NY winter blizzard and four seasons and I'm happy. Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:47 am

Welcome back north Mikey. Those Southern boys are sure weird arn't they? :cheers:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:48 am

Eternum 1 wrote:Showed my receipts at customs and they just waved me on through. The THC levels in these products doesn't fit the illicit drug guidelines. No need to buy the actual weed down there as the area I live in is overrun with grow ops. The local bud has won the award for most potent in the Amsterdam contest for 3 out of 5 years.
I agree,...and their peers in Amsterdam revere BC genetics. :cheers:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:22 am

MJPease wrote::mrgreen: The Dogs sure do look stoned to me, don't they. They should be arrested :cool: for being too cool. It's nice to be back home. The South as in Greenville, South Carolina is a nice place to visit but the weather is pretty funky. I don't like flash floods, daily tornado warnings, and tropical storms like Andrea. We drove in rain that was like driving in a car wash and then the roads would turn into lakes. Give me an occasional Buffalo NY winter blizzard and four seasons and I'm happy. Take Care
Yea they do get some nasty weather down south... :hello:

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”