Leaving for Amsterdam

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Re: Leaving for Amsterdam

Post by thief of dreams » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:55 pm

I'm betting the stories would have been better had you been thirty years younger and not married. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:00 am

thief of dreams wrote:I'm betting the stories would have been better had you been thirty years younger and not married. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.
Et si il aurait pris vous emmènent, je ne sais pas qu'il aurait été une comédie sale en devenir. :roll:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:43 am

thief of dreams wrote:I'm betting the stories would have been better had you been thirty years younger and not married. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.
True,... If I were 30 years younger I may have opted
To stay there.
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:55 am

LadySaturn wrote:Did you behave yourself, Mister.. Well did you.. And before you lie, you should know I had a chit chat with the Amsterdam police. :book:
I can't help but behave at my age! :mrgreen: I have a friend who just celebrated his 70th birthday awhile ago. I feel kind of sorry for him. The only thing he's
got left his his gambling. He can't drink, do drugs, and chase women anymore,...just sits there playing solitare, and betting on the horses via OTB . When he's not asleep I mean. :computer: :hello: What,.. are you learning how to speak French lately?? I'm influent in 10 different languages. :cheers: They just replaced French in our Village High School this year in favor of Chinese. Now it's Spanish and Chinese. Some French people I've met have claimed that the French spoken in Quebec is not real French. I think ET commented at length on this subject awhile ago in another thread. Anyway,....Chinese and Spanish,...yup,....the times they are a changing. :book: :computer:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Bruno
MAXIMUS LUDICROUS

Post by Bruno » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:30 pm

bags123 wrote:Anyway,....Chinese and Spanish,...yup,....the times they are a changing. :book: :computer:
...it's usually during those times when being brain dead actually helps! :twisted:

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:40 am

bags123 wrote:
LadySaturn wrote:Did you behave yourself, Mister.. Well did you.. And before you lie, you should know I had a chit chat with the Amsterdam police. :book:
I can't help but behave at my age! :mrgreen: I have a friend who just celebrated his 70th birthday awhile ago. I feel kind of sorry for him. The only thing he's
got left his his gambling. He can't drink, do drugs, and chase women anymore,...just sits there playing solitare, and betting on the horses via OTB . When he's not asleep I mean. :computer: :hello: What,.. are you learning how to speak French lately?? I'm influent in 10 different languages. :cheers: They just replaced French in our Village High School this year in favor of Chinese. Now it's Spanish and Chinese. Some French people I've met have claimed that the French spoken in Quebec is not real French. I think ET commented at length on this subject awhile ago in another thread. Anyway,....Chinese and Spanish,...yup,....the times they are a changing. :book: :computer:
Actually, you'd be amazed at what I know. :hello:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:00 am

LadySaturn wrote:
bags123 wrote:
Actually, you'd be amazed at what I know. :hello:

Yes I'm sure you're right. :thewave:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:01 am

Bruno wrote:
bags123 wrote:Anyway,....Chinese and Spanish,...yup,....the times they are a changing. :book: :computer:
...it's usually during those times when being brain dead actually helps! :twisted:
Obviously they wouldn't be as concerned as those of us who arn't. :mrgreen:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Bruno
MAXIMUS LUDICROUS

Post by Bruno » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:13 pm

bags123 wrote:
Bruno wrote:
Obviously they wouldn't be as concerned as those of us who arn't. :mrgreen:
Yes! Well please note that everything is a matter of degree :mrgreen:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:15 am

I'm completley unpedigreed myself. Good mix of genes though, for a mutt. :computer:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:49 pm

I thought I smelled mutt in the room.. :hello:

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”