Takes "Bloody Valentine" to a whole new meaning

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

Black Wolf's Blood
Wickedly Innocent

Takes "Bloody Valentine" to a whole new meaning

Post by Black Wolf's Blood » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:32 am

On Valentine's Day (Thursday, 2/14/13) there was a murder in my home. All I have to say is, it's almost like how it is in the movies. Only they don't tell you how truly terrifying the experience is, nor how anxious or scary it is to be surrounded by 'CAUTION' tape and police officers. While still in shock Friday morning when I had not slept, I found it is interesting how movies, books, or TV shows don't quite depict how long and time consuming crime scene homicide investigations are nor how intimidating and moderately scary it is to be questioned in a room by detectives. It is also hard to control your nervousness or answers so as to not turn into a babbling mess when being interviewed by them. To all of my longtime and wonderful PoetryPages friends, you'll most likely be seeing some poems from me sometime soon in regards to all that happened. :cry:

Essentially what happened is our housemate (I suppose I should say 'ex' housemate now) murdered her mother in our home in the room she was renting from us on Wednesday 2/13/13 night, but we didn't find the body or find out until Thursday 2/14/13 night. We had friends come over earlier that evening, and while Kitty (one of our friends) and I went out to get some things from the story I got a call from my bf that I needed to come home right now because L (the housemate) was missing and they'd found her mother's body. We were at the crime scene for nine hours (mostly in the cold, mind you but finally at 2am when it was freezing they let us all sit in my car to stay relatively warm) and were finally able to leave at 5am. But since we couldn't go home we had to go to one of a friend's place.
Last edited by Black Wolf's Blood on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In his embrace you found yourself. In his kiss you were born. In his words you learned. In his heart you loved. In his absense you hurt.

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Re: Takes "Bloody Valentine" to a whole new meaning

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:06 am

:hugs: :darn: :hugs: We're here for you if you need us... :hugs:

Black Wolf's Blood
Wickedly Innocent

Post by Black Wolf's Blood » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:43 pm

Thank you, that really means a lot to me. I love you guys - you and all the other old ones are much like a family to me and I've always greatly appreciated and have been immensely grateful for all the help and support you've given me over the years. :hearts:
In his embrace you found yourself. In his kiss you were born. In his words you learned. In his heart you loved. In his absense you hurt.

Black Wolf's Blood
Wickedly Innocent

Post by Black Wolf's Blood » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:45 pm

I added to the post and wrote what happened.

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:43 pm

Wow... :shock:

Black Wolf's Blood
Wickedly Innocent

Post by Black Wolf's Blood » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:05 pm

Yeah. It was hard comforting her boyfriend (who'd come over to the house not long after it all started and was there with us most of those nine hours) while periodically talking on the phone with one of her sisters. In the early hours of Friday morning more like at around 3a.m. they found L in Oregon (we're in the LA area). Later the next day T (my boyfriend) and I were reading news articles on the event and they had a picture of L when she'd been caught and held in custody. The picture of her was.....scary. None of us that knew her recognized the girl in the picture and we didn't know how to react. It's been hard trying to avoid going to that end of the house. Anyways, it's been all kinds of bad, and I'll probably had a few poems to post within the next few days.

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:22 am

:shock: WoW!
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

Black Wolf's Blood
Wickedly Innocent

Post by Black Wolf's Blood » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:12 am

Yeah, it was pretty.....heavy emotionally and extremely messed up. It's been a hard few weeks, that's for sure.

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”