hello from Greece

Poetry Pages members' lounge. Any topic welcome within propriety guidelines.

Moderators: LadySaturn, Spazway

northstar
Clearwater Poet

hello from Greece

Post by northstar » Thu May 17, 2012 11:05 am

Hey poetry pages people...whats up???
Hello from Greece,Athens some days before the end of our country as a member of european union...(so the old men says)
Before we come back to coin called drachma {Again} or a new one out of euro..and i feel so sad about all this war to our back in the middle of my life, iam 48years old now. very slim now as a model... no job no food you know,,as a foreigner into my country.with a dark future pressing us more and more...and the most bad will be not easy for us to travel all around the world for a better life
a second round of erections will come on june and communists propably come in the goverment
////////
???????????
i saw the body of your spirit ..my friend
sometimes you scared me
sometimes i touch you..sometimes i love you

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Re: hello from Greece

Post by LadySaturn » Thu May 17, 2012 1:24 pm

My prayers go to you and the people of Greece. It's not much better here in the U.S. Both the media and government choose to ignore the real problems such as unemployment, the surge in homeless, the rising debt, the slow death of this country, the destruction of the Constitution and the injustice of it all. Instead gay marriage rights have been made center stage once again and all of a sudden with the media and government. Anything to fool the masses, I guess. :shrug:

Just remember my friend, that Yahweh looks out for His children and in the end we will be rewarded for all we've gone through while those who have caused this injustice will be punished. Don't let your hope fade. Hold on and keep your head up no matter how hard things get. Stay strong.. :hello:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri May 18, 2012 5:36 am

a second round of erections will come on june and communists propably come in the goverment
////////
???????????
I think you meant elections my brother, but perhaps a second round of erections will help. Good luck. Looks like a mess over there, :cheers:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:49 pm

The european union is a political union only; it has a shared currency but no central control like the fed has in the US. This shake out will end with a monetary centralized union with the usual suspects in charge.

I'm sorry for you, Northstar, being caught in the turmoil. The perverse sort of communism you may see as a result isn't the one based on "from each according to their ability and to each according to their need." The updated stalinist-maoist model is corporate; with one giant corporation in charge. It may be where many of us are headed...a sort of oligarchy with a conglomerate of branches but essentially...one giant global corporation.

I hope not but shit often floats to the top.

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Wed May 23, 2012 1:44 am

You're talking New World Order, my friend. And last time I checked that's a very bad thing. Very, very, very, very, very, very bad thing. :no:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:14 am

I'm considering openning a snack shop when I retire. I'm gonna call it "New World Orders" :cool:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Thu May 24, 2012 1:55 am

And Bagsy wins the award for smartass of the week.. :hello:

Return to “Open Discussions and Members' Messages”