Race

A place for new members to post their poetry so we may get to know them and their poetry better. Caution: may contain mature content or language.
Forum rules
A place for new members to post their poetry so we may get to know them and their poetry better. NO erotica.
Autoprune: 12-months
Kaylakakes97
Clearwater Poet

Race

Post by Kaylakakes97 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:53 am

I just think that racism should never exist and it never should have. Racism is horrible, and people don't understand that the amount of food on our plate isn't defined by our race, the type of clothes we wear is not defined by our race, our style is not defined by race, the color of our skin does not matter one bit, because from the morning to the night we are all the same kind of human beings, with the same color blood, the same brain, the same lungs, the same veins, the same bones, we are all one, we are all brothers and sisters, we have learned to do so many things as human beings except the simple fact of living like brothers and sisters. We all do the same things, breath the same air, live our lives, laugh the same, smile the same, frown the same, we are all the same, but yet we are living by nothing but labels, the color of my skin does not define me, my skin is white, but that's not my definition, my definition is my name, and the story I have put to it. And that is how every person on this earth is, we are not defined by the color of our skin, but by our name and the story we put to it. If we learned to live as brothers and sisters, and stop talking about race "issues" then racism wouldn't be in the picture, it is not wrong to love one of a different race than your own, it is not wrong to join families with a race that is not your own, we are living by labels every day, and every day that brings more hate, and I will tell you this, I will NOT live by a damn label, and neither should you, I will live by my name and my story, and you should too, I will always accept any person, no matter the color of their skin because they are human too, they are just as important as I. I will walk with my brother's and sister's, of all the different races, because their race does not matter to me, I want to know your name and your story, you are not a label, not to me, and I shouldn't be one to you, to me whatever your name and story is, THAT is who you are to me. I will never single out any person who is not white skinned, because that is unfair, and if I do so I should single out myself as well because then I would be nothing but a hypocrite. We want racism to end, then let's stop talking about it. Let's make an end to it. Let's all learn to walk as brothers and sisters. That was once a man's dream, and we have only made half of his dream come true. So instead of saying "I'm black" or "I'm white" or "I'm Muslim" I want you to say your name, I want you to say your story, because we are not going to learn to walk as one until we stop defining one another by our race.
-Kay.

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Re: Race

Post by heinzs » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:26 pm

:cool:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

Return to “The New Members' Café”