Plagiarism Alert

Our rules and posting guidelines. Read before posting.

Moderator: heinzs

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Plagiarism Alert

Post by heinzs » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:22 pm

Anything you write and post on the internet is subject to being stolen by unscrupulous imposters and wannabees who will resubmit your works on another website as if it were their own. The Poetry Pages practises zero tolerance for plagiarized materials. If it is discovered that what you have posted here is the work of another author, and you have not so declared in the posting, that is plagiarism and your account will be deleted along with all the posts you have started. In addition your email address, IP address, etc. will be banned from this site. If we trace your post to another website, the administrator of that site, as well as the original author of the work, will also be notified.

Since the Poetry Pages is a PHP bulletin board system, the posted data held herein is relatively "hidden" within a PHP database. Other websites publish each poem as a separate html page, and these are readily indexed by internet search engines. That is why when you type your Poetry Pages poem title or first line into Google you may not find a "hit" other than pages on which it is published as html. It is highly recommended that periodically you do a Google search on a unique line or title of your own poems. If you discover that someone else has published it on a website using html code, please inform the webmaster of that site. Generally they will take action against the plagiarizer.

Recently we have discovered some members who have posted volumes of plagiarized works. Their accounts have been frozen or deleted and all their posted topics have been removed. They are banned from this site.
Last edited by heinzs on Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

Berlie
Behind the Curtain
Tag line: Behind the Curtain

Post by Berlie » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:32 pm

We understand that members post elsewhere and often under different names. We are not going to just ban a member if we happen to come across the same poem posted by you on another site under a different name.

If the posting seem suspicious and we have reason to think that something fishy may be going on we may contact you and also try to contact the person posting on the other sites just to verify that they are the same person.
--------------------------------------------------
twisting the throttle
as I lean into the curve
bug SPLAT on my face
--------------------------------------------------
My Poetry Posts | My Poetry Vault | Self-Pub.net

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Re: Plagiarism Alert

Post by heinzs » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:39 pm

:bump:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

Return to “Forum Rules and Guidelines”