I Believe She Knew...

A permanent archive dedicated to the memory of Jennifer Sloan. Read The Ravyn's story in poetry and prose. Post your own story or seek help in The Ravyn's Wings forum.

Moderators: thief of dreams, Moongem

Blaze
Princess of the Stars

I Believe She Knew...

Post by Blaze » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:47 pm

I was never really *friends* to say with The Ravyn, around the time that she was active on Poetry Pages I believe was when I first came here and after I left for a while. Just today, August 7th, did I find out. And I cried. Once again, I did not know her personally, or even read many of her poems... but I've read everything that everyone's said about her. She seems like an amazing person, and it brought true tears to my eyes.

Reading TOD's posts and also everyone elses, I became interested in Ravyn's poetry and Poesie.com. I searched for The Ravyn's poetry on Poesie and I came across this poem that was not posted on Poetry Pages or published, although she mentioned it in her archive and gave a link to it in another website (I scanned throughout the Ravyn's Nest also to make sure no one else had ran across it and posted it earlier). This poem is called "Free", and is much more light than much of her other poetry... but I think you'll understand when I say, I believe she knew.

<b>Free</b>
Floating freely on the wind
restlessly searching
finding, meeting, becoming one
Love and acceptance
new and welcome concepts
Torture has passed
peace and hope abound
Laughing, free spirited
the soul flies on
no longer searching
but reveling in the new found treasures
pleasures beyond perception
coming gently and lovingly
making me feel
unfettered
free

a poem by The Ravyn
"Being smart is a good thing... it's the dumbasses that make you think twice about it."
-John Swick

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:36 pm

Thank you for finding this for us, Blaze. Actually we had found it and it is one of the poems in the Ravyn tribute book, "Riding the Cyclone".

here it is in her archive at Angelfire:

http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/blueo ... /free.html

:cool: :cool: :cool:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:45 am

aww Blaze, to know Jenn is to love her... even now, even when new members stumble in and stumble across her work, im sure she will continue to make friends.. hehe... and to touh peoples hearts before they realize that her friendship is a gift accepted, without fees or demands, and that her story can heal, touch and even move us still...
:cheers:
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

His Barbie Doll
Peppermint Princess
Tag line: Bc Im cool like that

Post by His Barbie Doll » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:16 am

I never really got to know her very well as in talking to her... but just reading her poetry tells you most of anything you could ever want to know...

She was such a wonderful person, and I wish I could have told her that... I remember when I first found out what had happened you told me thief... I had been out for awhile and you told me what was going on...

I cried too...

She was a spectacular person! :bow:
"Don't doubt yourself... Others will do that for you..."
"There's a reason for everything, and everything has a reason..."
}|#*~*|Me|*~*#|{

Wanna see my Barbie Collection? Click here!

*Bow to the Princess, and she shall bow to you!*

Return to “The Ravyn's Nest”