A word from The Ravyn

A permanent archive dedicated to the memory of Jennifer Sloan. Read The Ravyn's story in poetry and prose. Post your own story or seek help in The Ravyn's Wings forum.

Moderators: thief of dreams, Moongem

Berlie
Behind the Curtain
Tag line: Behind the Curtain

A word from The Ravyn

Post by Berlie » Fri May 21, 2004 9:38 am

Jenn wrote this at the end of The Dark Journey. It was one of the things that gave birth to the idea of this forum and I think it is appropriate to repost it here.
To all of you who know first hand about abuse of any kind, my heart goes out to you. Remember that you are not alone, and that no matter what you may have been told, had beaten into you, you are NOT at fault. The fault lies with the abuser, always.

To those of you who are or feel you may possibly be abusers, please seek assistance. The damage you do can ruin a person's life forever, perhaps even end it. The after effects of abuse last a lifetime. I am still young so, in theory at least, I will be dealing with my past for 50 or 60 years. Think about that before you act. More and more people are coming forward with their stories of abuse and survival. That doesn't, however, mean that more and more abusers are being either sent to prison or made to get psychological help. Most abusers get away with their crimes. It is up to all of us to end this self perpetuating sickness. I plan on doing my part, what about you?

Jennifer Anne Sloan
August 2001
--------------------------------------------------
twisting the throttle
as I lean into the curve
bug SPLAT on my face
--------------------------------------------------
My Poetry Posts | My Poetry Vault | Self-Pub.net

Floetry Spades
I'm the Floesist
Tag line: Veteran

Post by Floetry Spades » Mon May 31, 2004 4:14 pm

I'm glad I got to read this :wink:

Purchase my first poetry collection on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Time-Capsu ... ap_title_0

"Floetry, your eyes are so much,
stronger than your voice." -- Jukoto

"Bitter melon is sweet ... In it's own honeyed way .... Like candles don't flicker .... Alone in the rain" -- Miyu

Return to “The Ravyn's Nest”