About The Ravyn's Nest

A permanent archive dedicated to the memory of Jennifer Sloan. Read The Ravyn's story in poetry and prose. Post your own story or seek help in The Ravyn's Wings forum.

Moderators: thief of dreams, Moongem

Berlie
Behind the Curtain
Tag line: Behind the Curtain

About The Ravyn's Nest

Post by Berlie » Fri May 21, 2004 9:09 am

These forums will be a place to post your thoughts, poetry and memories of The Ravyn. The Ravyn's Nest will also be a holding place for all of her writings here at the Pages.

Over time I would like this section to evolve into a place people can talk about and post their stories about abuse and survival. It will include posts and references to places where you can go to seek help or to help yourself.

It is possible that this will grow into its own forum separate of the Pages as a place for people looking for help and people looking to give help in regards to all kinds of abuse and homelessness that often is a result of abuse.

If you have your own stories to share or just need to talk these forums are for you.
Last edited by Berlie on Fri May 21, 2004 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------------
twisting the throttle
as I lean into the curve
bug SPLAT on my face
My Poetry Posts | My Poetry Vault | Self-Pub.net

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Fri May 21, 2004 9:16 am

perfect Kim... thank you for this...
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Floetry Spades
I'm the Floesist
Tag line: Veteran

Post by Floetry Spades » Fri May 21, 2004 2:04 pm

I can't wait to post and tell everybody how much she helped me.....

Purchase my first poetry collection on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Time-Capsu ... ap_title_0

"Floetry, your eyes are so much,
stronger than your voice." -- Jukoto

"Bitter melon is sweet ... In it's own honeyed way .... Like candles don't flicker .... Alone in the rain" -- Miyu

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Sat May 22, 2004 3:54 am

Kim, can we make it possible for people to post to this forum without being signed in? for those who might not wish to be identified or for those who stumble in from the internet?
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Berlie
Behind the Curtain
Tag line: Behind the Curtain

Post by Berlie » Sat May 22, 2004 8:10 am

Yes, I have decided to allow "guests" to post in this forum. That will allow anyone to post anonymously, without being registered or logged in, even those who are existing members.

I was at first hesitant to do so thinking some jerks out there might take advantage of that and use it to post crap but I think it will be more good then bad to allow anonymous posts.
twisting the throttle
as I lean into the curve
bug SPLAT on my face
My Poetry Posts | My Poetry Vault | Self-Pub.net

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Sat May 22, 2004 8:16 am

yea i was thinking bout that too.. but if it gets too bad you can change it and we can ask that the users join... wouldnt be too much trouble to join.. hehe.. one of the reasons Jenn joined here was because it didnt ask for personal info unless you wanted to give it...
Friedrich Nietzsche

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Sat May 22, 2004 8:18 am

i do think i recall that conversation many moons ago being about the poetry pages... err.. i might have just put my foot in my mouth.. but im damn near positive it was...
Friedrich Nietzsche

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Sat May 22, 2004 2:53 pm

I think with the moderators keeping an eye on it here, as I know we will, we can delete immediately anything posted by someone just out for a lark.

Pops
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

guest?

how?

Post by guest? » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:29 am

i stumbled across this forum and down here to the ravyn's nest. i've read a bunch of her poems, and i'm saddened to find she is no longer with us. i've read the majority of the posts, but i've yet to find how she died. was she ill? i mean no hard feelings to anyone, so please don't take it as such. i just think it's weird that it is not mentioned anywhere.

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:41 am

hi Guest?
Jenn had Lymphoma (sp?) though she went long enough without telling us.. or well, maybe some of us knew but i dont know.. its sort of strange the its not mentioned anywhere except when some one asks.. i guess, hmm, i guess maybe its not that we want her death to be so much the topic of discussion but her life, and i know you didnt mean anything by it. we aint that kind of people to take offense.. hmm.. well some of us could be, but for the most part no.. we, no we isnt right, i shouldnt speak for everyone. but i know that i for one would rather remember not only her path through life but mostly the last five years and into the future. the times that began her new life, one of love and care, and friendship... one that is not dead, and never will be... she will forever be loved, forever be remembered, and i will forever try to be just a piece of what she is... if i can do that much, then my life will be meaningful...
Friedrich Nietzsche

guest?

thanks for the reply

Post by guest? » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:51 am

thanks for the reply. i've been reading for a good hour or so, and i don't want to believe that the dark journey really happened. say it ain't so?
nick/suede
http://www.suedecrush.com
i'm not a spammer...

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:45 pm

wish i could say it wasnt so Nick... wish i could.. but hmm.. i dont know anymore, cause without all that pain and journey, without it.. well the world would be shy a child and also someone out there would never had had the chance to show Jenn love and compassion.. and vice versa.. our pasts forge the roads that take us to our futures, so maybe all things, even the most horrific, hve a reason, a cause in themselves.. without butterflies, we would never have hurricanes.. and without Ravyn's we would never have cyclones...
:cheers:
Friedrich Nietzsche

messeydesk

Post by messeydesk » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:58 am

thanks for the invite to these pages. though jen is not here anymore she is not far from us and never will be. she has that special place in my heart and mind. seems foolish how one can miss someone that you knew you would never meet.
i will come back to The Ravyn's Nest now that i know where it is.
thanks again
The Future is closer than the past

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:56 am

i am glad ya made it Glenn, ill keep my eye out for ya..
Friedrich Nietzsche

Friend_forever
Rafiki Moyo

Post by Friend_forever » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:52 am

I am touched after reading about the Ravyn...

Although I have never experienced abuse, I have held a friend in my arms who has been abused... I have cried with her...she was being sexually abused by her own father...I would never wish it on anyone...

I am humbled by this great lady, the Ravyn... She was a great woman, full of strength...

Thank you guys for bringing her into our lives.

I love you Ravyn, wherever you are... and you have touched my life with your writings... (I just thought she might want to hear that she has made a difference in someone's life)
And as I watch you in this light
I never realized your eyes were full of
So many colors.
~ Jadynara

Return to “The Ravyn's Nest”