The Ravyn: Riding The Cyclone.. book published

A permanent archive dedicated to the memory of Jennifer Sloan. Read The Ravyn's story in poetry and prose. Post your own story or seek help in The Ravyn's Wings forum.

Moderators: thief of dreams, Moongem

Berlie
Behind the Curtain
Tag line: Behind the Curtain

The Ravyn: Riding The Cyclone.. book published

Post by Berlie » Thu May 20, 2004 9:49 pm

It saddens me greatly that Jenn was unable to see a copy of her book in print before she left us.

For those of you that are interested the book's proof was approved late last week and is now available for purchase through Lulu.com and soon will be available to purchase at online retailers such as Barnes and Noble and Amazon.com.

Due to some of its content the book has a mature rating at Lulu. What this means is that before you can buy from them you need to set your Lulu account profile settings to allow mature content to be displayed. So go to http://www.lulu.com, register an account, change your profile settings to allow Mature content, make sure you are logged in, then go here:

http://www.lulu.com/theravyn

From there you may purchase the book.

If you are not logged in with the account profile set to show mature all you will see is:
This Lulu does not have any published content or your viewing preference is below the content rating level set by the creator. For more information, see About the maturity rating or Setting viewing preferences or go to your profile to check your viewing preferences.
It was Jenn's wish that proceeds from her book sales would go to a homeless shelter and a battered women's shelter.

In addition to the royalties from the book going there I would like to ask that you consider making a donation to one of your local shelters or look into helping in another way in her memory.

Barnes & Noble has the basic listing for the book up.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookse ... 7015&itm=4
--------------------------------------------------
twisting the throttle
as I lean into the curve
bug SPLAT on my face
My Poetry Posts | My Poetry Vault | Self-Pub.net

Floetry Spades
I'm the Floesist
Tag line: Veteran

Post by Floetry Spades » Tue May 25, 2004 8:34 am

Did Ravyn ever publish the dark journey book?

Purchase my first poetry collection on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Time-Capsu ... ap_title_0

"Floetry, your eyes are so much,
stronger than your voice." -- Jukoto

"Bitter melon is sweet ... In it's own honeyed way .... Like candles don't flicker .... Alone in the rain" -- Miyu

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Tue May 25, 2004 8:36 am

i believe the Dark Journey story is included in this book Flo...
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Sat May 29, 2004 1:37 pm

I GOT MY COPY TODAY! ITS BEAUUUTIFUL!
thank you Wats, you sweat heart of a saint to be man you... *hugz*
oh this is such an awesome book.. you guys even captured and included her silly little faces and such in some of her writings.. oh excuse me all to hell.. "scribbles".. hehe...
this is awesome, you guys did a perfect job with the lay out and format of the book... i love that it isnt all dark and has her silly little quirkies things in it also.. LOVE IT!!!!
HELL YEA! YOU PEOPLE ROCK! now i want to know the list of people who contributed to this here little project.. i dont want modesty.. i want names dammit... hehe...

AWESOME book Jenn, you can read over my shoulder if you want but you CANT HAVE IT.. so no hiding the book...
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Sat May 29, 2004 2:01 pm

I told you it was an awesome book!

Pops
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

poetonadryspell
Clearwater Poet

Re: The Ravyn: Riding The Cyclone.. book published

Post by poetonadryspell » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:48 pm

Berlie wrote:It saddens me greatly that Jenn was unable to see a copy of her book in print before she left us.

For those of you that are interested the book's proof was approved late last week and is now available for purchase through Lulu.com and soon will be available to purchase at online retailers such as Barnes and Noble and Amazon.com.

Due to some of its content the book has a mature rating at Lulu. What this means is that before you can buy from them you need to set your Lulu account profile settings to allow mature content to be displayed. So go to http://www.lulu.com, register an account, change your profile settings to allow Mature content, make sure you are logged in, then go here:

http://www.lulu.com/theravyn

From there you may purchase the book.

If you are not logged in with the account profile set to show mature all you will see is:
This Lulu does not have any published content or your viewing preference is below the content rating level set by the creator. For more information, see About the maturity rating or Setting viewing preferences or go to your profile to check your viewing preferences.
It was Jenn's wish that proceeds from her book sales would go to a homeless shelter and a battered women's shelter.

In addition to the royalties from the book going there I would like to ask that you consider making a donation to one of your local shelters or look into helping in another way in her memory.

Barnes & Noble has the basic listing for the book up.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookse ... 7015&itm=4
I can't get the site to come up

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:07 pm

An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

poetonadryspell
Clearwater Poet

Post by poetonadryspell » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:36 pm

i can't read any of the poems. is there any way i can online

Berlie
Behind the Curtain
Tag line: Behind the Curtain

Post by Berlie » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:02 pm

Many of them are right here in The Ravyn's Nest forum.
twisting the throttle
as I lean into the curve
bug SPLAT on my face
My Poetry Posts | My Poetry Vault | Self-Pub.net

Return to “The Ravyn's Nest”