Ravyn's Journey - comments

A permanent archive dedicated to the memory of Jennifer Sloan. Read The Ravyn's story in poetry and prose. Post your own story or seek help in The Ravyn's Wings forum.

Moderators: thief of dreams, Moongem

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Ravyn's Journey - comments

Post by Tom Watson » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:08 am

I have started this topic only because each of your parts to this journey evoke so much sadness and bitterness and anger toward a society, a world that would, and does, allow such things to happen to our children (and all of us are someone's child, regardless of age), I felt a central location for any reaction or words of expression we may have to your various parts of your life, may be gathered here. And in this way, maybe some understanding of how people can be made to endure such atrocities in there lives and, more importantly how it can be avoided....of course survival means getting beyond, on the surface at least, the agony and loneliness that is out there to find a life of relative peace...which I pray that you, dear Ravyn, have come to find in some manner, in spite of life's cruelties.

You have a powerful style in your writing that shows no weakness and evokes a deep involvement by the reader...

Wats
"Whispers of Love" a book of poetry expressing love of the heart and spirit is released worldwide on August 11, 2009. Visit my home page at
Books From Grace for more information or Amazon.com

jhanke
Bleeding Silently In The Depths Of Fire

Post by jhanke » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:19 am

:bow:
Maybe I should of buried the butterfly instead of picking it apart.

jeannerené
Winter's Rose

Post by jeannerené » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:53 am

Ravyn,

I don't often click into this forum.....'Ravyn's Journey-Comments' caught my eye...is see I have a lot of reading to do............

jeanne
... and his words purge up and outward,
expelled and onward through desert dust swallowed,
sands he says that gorge on simple sensibilities.
And, now he spits fragments, grit, extended vowels and elongated syllables
over cracked lips. Their sounds fall
piling round his boots…
~ jeannerené

~breathe~

flickr -jeannerene photostream

The Ravyn
riding the cyclone
Tag line: We miss you Jen

Post by The Ravyn » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:00 pm

wow tom! my own comment section! thanks! hehehe whooohooo! i'm somebody now!
take my hand if you don't know where you're goin' ... i'll understand .... i've lost the way myself ...
j. kaye

whatever you do ... don't click here

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Post by Tom Watson » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:22 pm

Ravyn, :oops: , I hope you don't mind...I just think that this series is just too powerful in its message to have comments scattered and even held back on because of the various chapters....I hope this will encourage readers to express their thoughts on your journey as it progresses....
You are definitely a writer of great talent. :cheers:

Tom
"Whispers of Love" a book of poetry expressing love of the heart and spirit is released worldwide on August 11, 2009. Visit my home page at
Books From Grace for more information or Amazon.com

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:55 pm

They're on my reading list tonight.
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:25 am

youve always been somebody Jenn, even if you choose to be locked away in some dark corner with just a reading lamp and a box of crackers.. hehe
*hugz*
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

The Ravyn
riding the cyclone
Tag line: We miss you Jen

Post by The Ravyn » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:07 am

you know me way too well terry ... :shock:
take my hand if you don't know where you're goin' ... i'll understand .... i've lost the way myself ...
j. kaye

whatever you do ... don't click here

buttterflies
Jasmine Queen

Post by buttterflies » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:26 pm

i just finished reading all the chapters, Ravyn....
i'm speechless with shock, rage, pain, anger, sympathy and just about every emotion i can think of..... it takes unbelievable courage to outlast the cruelties you write of.....your writing had me reeling with horror, and submerged in tears....it makes me regret any complaints i've ever had about my life, it makes me realize how i should truly be thankful for everything that i've ever been given in life....i just don't know what to say....this was an extremely touching collection...so powerful ...you should get an award of some sort... !!
**hugs**
"To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater." -Bono (U2)

"You have no choice of subject matter. You write what's in your heart and on your mind unless of course it's crap in which case it means you've thought about it too much." -Bono

* :mrgreen: *

KillerFox81
Humanity's Last Hope

Post by KillerFox81 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:04 pm

Umm hmm wow, this compilation left me utterly speechless. I assume it's based on real life occurences and good lord, I mean I really don't know what to say. I mean i want to say I'm sorry, I want to literally torture every evil character here but I also want to kick my own a** because no matter what I've been through ever, at least I have a home and people I can turn to. This write was truly amazing and I thank you for you're willingness to openly share this piece with us.
<font>
Audience Member: Negrodamus, why is President Bush convinced there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?
Negrodamus: Because he has the receipt.

Silky Johnston: Now, if you'll excuse me. I'm gonna go put water in Buck Nasty's Mama's dish.

Silky Johnston: I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I don't even know you, but I hate you. I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and only to you

</font>

BrightMindDarkHeart
Clearwater Poet

Post by BrightMindDarkHeart » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:18 pm

Ravyn.. I'm ashamed to say I loved the writing, if it would have been fake, but to think that this happens.. It breaks my heart for reasons I shall keep to myself, but I'm also afraid to say I doubt I read more after Chap. 21, the story is something I think everyone should read, should hear about, but the impact it's having on me is making myself want to throw up, or go help every young woman walking the highways, trying to make something or reach someone who would help.. The story left me speachless and sorrowful because this probably happens to so many.. I bow to your strength for being able to write this, and share it (Lord knows I wouldn't be able to let people read this for some odd reason.) You're stronger then most women ever will be, ever could be, by just writing this, and I'm afraid that includes me. I hope everyone who this has happened to makes the poor basterds pay through their ass, and if they didn't I hope the guys burn in hell. (And that was a complete understatement to what I think the men should have done to them before they die..And after.)
Love is what makes the world go down, as does it turn souls sour, hearts black, and you, yourself, to stone.

jeannerené
Winter's Rose

Post by jeannerené » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:06 pm

Ravyn,

I just started reading....just to chapter 3....if I didn't have to go, I'd read straight through....wow ....I am speechless

jeanne
... and his words purge up and outward,
expelled and onward through desert dust swallowed,
sands he says that gorge on simple sensibilities.
And, now he spits fragments, grit, extended vowels and elongated syllables
over cracked lips. Their sounds fall
piling round his boots…
~ jeannerené

~breathe~

flickr -jeannerene photostream

Miyu
White Lotus

Post by Miyu » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:35 pm

ravyn, awesome....had me :bow: before you...!! need-I-say-more

miyu

nekot
Poetry Piper

Re: Ravyn's Journey - comments

Post by nekot » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:12 pm

I initially posted the quote below on June 14, 2007, as a response on the Scribblings thread, and just realized I should have posted it here instead of there....so I felt I should move it.

Thanks... :hello:
nekot wrote:I have perused various parts of this forum for months.

Just this week I finally read the "scribbles."

I've pondered whether or not to post a response.

It's hard to know how to respond. Reading the Scribbles dredged up emotions that I'm afraid to look at....I guess that is the only way I can state it....at this point.

It took a couple days for me to recoup after reading the Scribbles.

I cannot begin to imagine how difficult (understatement) it was for Jennifer to write her story. I can only imagine........:darn: :crying:

It is commendable (another understatement) to have a forum like this where guests can post anonymously, where hope is given, where folks are directed for help, where their voice can be heard, where they know their lives matter. :crying: :bow:
~eloquently scattered~
nekot's tokens

Return to “The Ravyn's Nest”