Mind Spasms

A permanent archive dedicated to the memory of Jennifer Sloan. Read The Ravyn's story in poetry and prose. Post your own story or seek help in The Ravyn's Wings forum.

Moderators: thief of dreams, Moongem

The Ravyn
riding the cyclone
Tag line: We miss you Jen

Mind Spasms

Post by The Ravyn » Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:35 pm

Stepping off the edge of memories
falling weightless into the depths
slow motion grasping nothing
tumbling, screaming, crying
tears of blood roll silently
burning skin like acid
huddled in the corner
of the bathroom floor
door locked voices calling
pleading, loving, but so distant
naked and alone as before
shuddering misery eats away
tomorrow's promise
replaces it with yesterday's agony
knowing doesn't help at all
remembering is all that is left
until the shadows pass at last
door opens, arms enfold
tears and weakness lying on the bed
together, guilt on one side
concern on the other
take my hand if you don't know where you're goin' ... i'll understand .... i've lost the way myself ...
j. kaye

whatever you do ... don't click here

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Post by Tom Watson » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:09 pm

Ravyn, more and more your writing tugs and pulls the mind, the heart and the spirit demanding they pay attention.
I hope you are not feeling this way now....I am praying that you have surrendered any "guilt" you may have felt, and it lay on the bed discarded.

Powerful writing as always.

Tom
"Whispers of Love" a book of poetry expressing love of the heart and spirit is released worldwide on August 11, 2009. Visit my home page at
Books From Grace for more information or Amazon.com

The Ravyn
riding the cyclone

Post by The Ravyn » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:18 pm

thanks tom ... actually i don't think anything i posted today is newer than three years old ... and while at times i do tend to be brought back to this state ... they are fewer and farther between
take my hand if you don't know where you're goin' ... i'll understand .... i've lost the way myself ...
j. kaye

Tom Watson
Forever Silent Friend

Post by Tom Watson » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:22 pm

:book: ...... :mrgreen: ....... :thumbsup:
"Whispers of Love" a book of poetry expressing love of the heart and spirit is released worldwide on August 11, 2009. Visit my home page at
Books From Grace for more information or Amazon.com

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:00 pm

still a breathtaking glance at the demons that cower under our beds, in our closets, waiting for the fear to come crawling over our skin and entangle our minds in madness before slipping thier hiding places and tugging at the sheets that we hold tightly clenched in fists, covering our heads at night... i truly am in awe of this poem and the impact it has upon my mind and upon my skin, for i can never read it without goosebumps chasing up and down my skin, shivering like a horse shaking its flesh to be rid of flies...
:bow:
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

buttterflies
Jasmine Queen

Post by buttterflies » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:39 pm

wow :bow: what an amazingly strong and beautiful poem!!! it leaves me with such deep and dark images....extremely powerful. :bump:
"To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater." -Bono (U2)

"You have no choice of subject matter. You write what's in your heart and on your mind unless of course it's crap in which case it means you've thought about it too much." -Bono

* :mrgreen: *

KillerFox81
Humanity's Last Hope

Post by KillerFox81 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:47 pm

Loved the write ravyn. :cheers:
<font>
Audience Member: Negrodamus, why is President Bush convinced there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?
Negrodamus: Because he has the receipt.

Silky Johnston: Now, if you'll excuse me. I'm gonna go put water in Buck Nasty's Mama's dish.

Silky Johnston: I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I don't even know you, but I hate you. I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and only to you

</font>

The Ravyn
riding the cyclone

Post by The Ravyn » Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:15 pm

thank you all ... especially terry ... i know how long you have struggled with a response to this and it moves me deeply to hear from you
j. kaye

Return to “The Ravyn's Nest”