All My Yesterdays

A permanent archive dedicated to the memory of Jennifer Sloan. Read The Ravyn's story in poetry and prose. Post your own story or seek help in The Ravyn's Wings forum.

Moderators: thief of dreams, Moongem

The Ravyn
riding the cyclone
Tag line: We miss you Jen

All My Yesterdays

Post by The Ravyn » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:02 am

If I told you of all my yesterdays
The burning haze, unhappiness and sorrow
The darkness that surrounds my soul
Two halves, not whole, broken, beaten, bloodied
If I told you of the nightmare road
The weighty load of anguish and torment
The crimes I've done, the crimes I've seen
While in between the car and the fence
All innocence scraped away for good and ever
Lost forever in the twilight realm of Nod
Where is God who answers the prayers of the meek?
Still I seek to know why He has turned His eye
from me, a lie the believers repeat over and again
But I just can't win, I'm sucking wind
So tell me friend, the answer to my plea
If I told you of all my yesterdays
Would you be my friend tomorrow?
take my hand if you don't know where you're goin' ... i'll understand .... i've lost the way myself ...
j. kaye

whatever you do ... don't click here

Ellie
~Egyptian Butterfly~

Post by Ellie » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:02 pm

Only if they are true friends today......Great write..Blessings ~EE~
<center>
~Let em all know just how raw I am so they don't expect pink roses in the morning ~D.W.~
It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimatly cause a typhoon half way across the world ~Chaos Theory~
...My wings are the cause...

View My:Archive </center>

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:57 pm

great write qasu usaly but i must expand and comment further on the true questions of the poem...
now im not a bible beliver but i do believe in God, and i would hope and feel in my heart that he never turned away, his eyes filled with tears watched the whole thing as he squeezed his fists tight and cursed himself for giving man free will to hurt people the way they hurt you J... he hates that aspect of man, cant stand it, hates himself for knowing that he created it.. yet it is a freedom that has come with a price... dont think that he has abandoned you because he is helpless to stop something. if he could he would, but to intercept is to uncreate the world as we know it and would untie all that has been given us... God is supposed to be infalable so even if he knows he has created something bad he can not take it back or undo it without destroying all that has been created along with it...
well ok maybe im friggin nuts but thats what i truly believe in my heart... and i dont know anything so im probably wrong, but if i am wrong, then there will come a time when he better never open the gates to me, cause i will not stand idly by and watch something so horrible continue to happen when he has the power to stop it... so heres to hell and beyond, for id rather burn then sit and watch innocent people suffer... but in my heart i feel i know the truth... i hope so...

<->T<->O<->D<->
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

the quiet poet
Em Hotep

Post by the quiet poet » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:21 pm

I think I would agree, Thief. It's like us with our children. We create them and finally have to let them go, and all we can do is watch while they live their lives. Because the moment we interfere, it's no longer their life.
Wonderful poem, Ravyn. Very touching.

The Ravyn
riding the cyclone
Tag line: We miss you Jen

Post by The Ravyn » Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:14 pm

thank you all for the replies *s* and yes ee ... only if they are true friends today ... this i have found to be true

terry ... you and i seem to believe much the same thing as far as 'god' is concerned ... although i do believe that there are times when the eyes of the creator do turn away ... and it is times such as those when the greatest atrocities are commited
take my hand if you don't know where you're goin' ... i'll understand .... i've lost the way myself ...
j. kaye

whatever you do ... don't click here

Dragonchild
Clearwater Poet

Post by Dragonchild » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:24 am

beautilful
trying to fly

*the world exist only in your pen, and just how you see it. And that's okay... even if it is disillusioned.*

secluded_refuge
Clearwater Poet

Post by secluded_refuge » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:58 am

"And you are...all of those yesterdays...coming around..."

-The Smashing Pumpkins-
My Archive
--------------

"Since I love you so much...do me a favor...baby, don't reply...'cuz I can dish it out...but, I can't take it..."

buttterflies
Jasmine Queen

Post by buttterflies » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:40 pm

thanks for the bump, Secluded... i needed to read something so lovely.... and only if they are true friends, will they forever cherish you in their hearts, Ravyn... no matter where you are.
"To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater." -Bono (U2)

"You have no choice of subject matter. You write what's in your heart and on your mind unless of course it's crap in which case it means you've thought about it too much." -Bono

* :mrgreen: *

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:37 am

:bump:
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Spazway
Lost in a Dream

Post by Spazway » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:53 pm

Very beautiful and heartwrenching piece. Thanks for bumping it up, Terry and bringing it to the top.
If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you. ~ A. A. Milne

SparkFartin
Clearwater Poet

Post by SparkFartin » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:59 pm

This chick had her shit together. Can anyone deny that? I don't know the whole story here, and probably never will, but damn! If anyone had a better handle on what life is about, I ain't sure who it was.

Return to “The Ravyn's Nest”