Welcome to the "Form in Poetry" forum.

Forum dedicated to form in poetry, classical and new, and a discussion of poetic forms and poets.
Forum rules
Forum dedicated to form in poetry, classical and new, and a discussion of poetic forms and poets.
This forum does not autoprune.
heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Welcome to the "Form in Poetry" forum.

Post by heinzs » Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:47 pm

This forum has been created for the discussion of poetic forms and poetry by well or lesser known poets. Please introduce poet discussions with the poet's name followed by the title of the piece to be discussed. Likewise with forms.

H.
Last edited by heinzs on Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:01 pm

great.. does this mean we have to actually do some work around here pops? maaaaaannn, i dont get enough allowance for this... ~pouts~
kidding... uhh, i might have to try an dig up some poetry stuff later.. what all are we going to need in here?

<->T<->O<->D<->
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:07 pm

Rhymed verse of all forms, unrhymed blank verse (iambic pentameter), sonnets, limericks, ballads, vilanelles, pantoums, sestinas, rictameters, etc. Leave the haiku-senryu-tanka etc. in the haiku forum.

Also links to information about poetic forms (to be added to the link post). I'll make you moderator so you can edit them in when you find them.

:heinzs:
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:10 pm

im all over it
:cheers:

<->T<->O<->D<->
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

moonflower
enchanted by the magic

Post by moonflower » Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:06 pm

hey this is great!..i think this new forum will be helpful for us all..i love it!.. and maybe the haiku forum could have its own little info section about the different forms of that type..i would be happy to find some info and post it under a sticky..and maybe links too?(but i dont know how to make links..)..(i can learn tho)..its just a suggestion..will await feedback.. anyways kudos to you heinzs for making this forum..its really great!.. :cheers:

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:10 pm

Code: Select all

[url=URL ADDRESS HERE]NAME OF LINK HERE[/url]
thats how you make a link, though no spaces...
Friedrich Nietzsche

Floetry Spades
I'm the Floesist
Tag line: Veteran

Post by Floetry Spades » Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:04 pm

This is a great idea for a new forum. :cool:

Purchase my first poetry collection on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Time-Capsu ... ap_title_0

"Floetry, your eyes are so much,
stronger than your voice." -- Jukoto

"Bitter melon is sweet ... In it's own honeyed way .... Like candles don't flicker .... Alone in the rain" -- Miyu

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Post by thief of dreams » Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:57 am

ok Heinzs i finaly got around to digging some up.. feel free to edit them or add to them or even delete them if needed.. i kinda lost myself in doing this so i dont know for sure what all i posted.. lol.. im spacey lately...
Friedrich Nietzsche

Drew Rush
Seafoam Poet

Post by Drew Rush » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:36 pm

Ok, this needs a little work. First, the sticky post about Links to Forms...or whatever it was needs to be updated, i assume this is somewhat of the table of contents for this forum, thats good. Also i'm creating posts that are for the very basic parts of poetry, if anybody has more basic parts that they know well and can explain simply like i have we should add more posts.

maybe the "links to poetic forms" should be renamed to "forum table of contents"? just to make it more defined and user friendly. this forum is afterall a learning aid and therefore should be familiar and easy to the first-time-poster(or even the oldies who want to touch up their skills :wink: ).

Edgar A. Poe
back from the grave
Tag line: Can you hear it beating

Post by Edgar A. Poe » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:06 pm

Buried alive in the nether reaches of page four... I suspect our Pops had forgotten to make this into a 'stickie' topic.
"Children are never too tender to be whipped. Like tough beefsteaks, the more you beat them, the more tender they become." myself

Return to “Form in Poetry, Classical and New”