Poet of the Month for June 2012: Eric

A place for our favorite poetry posted by members. Nominate one of your favorites. Now included "Poet of the Month"!
This forum does not autoprune.

Moderator: heinzs

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Poet of the Month for June 2012: Eric

Post by heinzs » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Eric has been chosen to represent the Poetry Pages as our official "Poet of the Month" for June, 2012. Upon being contacted he kindly responded to our Poet Questioninaire:

What is your age bracket: under 25, 25 - 50, over 50?

I am not sure my poetry really falls into any specific age bracket my readers are of such a broad range. I have found the younger readers enjoy experience and lessons they may hold ... Where as the older readers have a more respect and reflective response to my experiences.

What is your name? Where do you live? What do you like to do? What is your occupation?

My Name is Eric R. Garcia I own my house in Pennsylvania. I had grown up in NJ. I work in Virginia Beach as a General manager for a Auto Dealership (8yrs)... I commute here 3 weeks a mth then back to PA for a wk

How long have you been writing poetry? Do you recall what led you, if anything, to start writing? Have you ever been published?

I have been writing poetry I believe since I was about 16 ( now 39 ) I say believe because when I first started writing I did not consider myself a poet. I was using my writing to vent and get things out so I could better understand what I was going through. Yes I have my Book Blizzards of Though A book of refection which was published March 13 201. I have sold over 4500 copies since. I am currently working on my second publication.

What inspires you to write? Is there a certain setting where you like to write? Do you listen to music when you write?

I write uncontrollably lol I don't really have a setting ... I am sure I have my triggers but in most cases it just comes to me and I generally do not know what I have written till it is complete. I don't think I have taken more than five minutes to write piece ever!

What is one of your favorite poems that you have penned? Would you mind sharing why or the story behind the poem?

It would have to be the first poem ( vent ) I wrote. I was 16 yrs old when my best friend had taken his own life. I struggled at the time with understanding what had happened and in my frustration I had scratched down a poem unknowingly. At the time one of my high school teachers ( Miss Flood ) Had found it and presented it to the Principle of the school who in turn had a meeting with me and my teacher. They believed they had found my talent, tool and way of dealing with many things and encouraged me to continue with writing. I have been writing ever since!
The poem was Far Away! My very first poem!
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Re: Poet of the Month for June 2012: Eric

Post by heinzs » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:43 am

Here are some of Eric's poems for you to enjoy. Check out his posts from his profile and add your own favs to the list.

Finding My Way
My Demise
New Campaign
Just not meant to be
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

Eric
A Poet in the Rain
Tag line: Learn this Life

Post by Eric » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:03 pm

Wow Ty very much for this recognition ... I didn't think my style really was something that readers appreciated as much on here ... But in time I found that with just some time and some real reading of members post they were coming to understand and like my style! I have so many members that i would have chosen besides me but I'm sure most humble winners would say that! But Thank you all that nominated me ... I hope I continue to please your eyes and minds!

Eric

DarleneG
65 Roses
Tag line: Encourage One Another

Post by DarleneG » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Hello, Eric, Congrats on Poet of the Month for June. I look forward to reading more of your poems. Cheers!

Return to “Community Favorites, Poem of the Week and Poet of the Month”