TEN THOUSAND YEARS (complete)

Come on in to give and receive critique, suggestions or help with work in progress or finished pieces. Any format welcome.

Moderator: bags123

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Sat May 11, 2002 8:53 am

Hello Valerie, Thank You for the very kind thoughts, music still has me a bit short on time for the Page's. It will all balance out soon and I'll get back to reading and writing.
Hey debab, Yes it was indeed the Ice Man of the Alps whose story became the inspiration for this piece. What a story it is, there isn't a statute of limitations on homicide is there? Just pulling your leg, the perps are long gone.
Hello anymouse, Old pale Old bud, I'm not fretting anything but my Guitars lately. I'll get nervous 30 min. after one of them nukes lands in my back yard and not one minute sooner. The world ends for some poor soul each and every day and bad shit happens to good people, thats life. There are no secrets or mysteries to life they have all been revealed and knowledge is power and that knowledge is spread through the written and spoken word. Just think of how we are all connected here on this one site. USA, East Coast-West Coast, Canada, England, Australia, Europe. If all we have accomplished is communication we have achieved great success in my book. Thanks for responding. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:10 pm

Just reviewed made some changes. Trying to rework it into a tune.

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:03 am

One more for the road, Sorry Guys, Just don't feel like writing anything new on this subject at the moment.

Leysa
Mistress of the South

Post by Leysa » Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:12 am

We say that nothing has changed. Perhaps. But I think there are changes -- we watch the TV news, pick up the paper, turn on the radio and we are lambasted with the horrors around us. It is frightening and sorrowful. BUT, I sat with a man the other day at my son's football game. He was an incredible person, full of insight and passion and love and fellowship. He gave me hope. I talked with a woman yesterday who donates time at the women's shelter here. She is AMAZING. She gives and gives and gives because she survived a brutal relationship. She overcame and grew. Two people that touched my life this week. There were more last week and there will be more next week. There are also GOOD and GREAT things happening -- you just don't read about them. There are people who are changing things one person at a time, one step at a time, we need to learn to let the light in instead of being totally overwhelmed with the darkness. There is always hope, folks, as long as we breathe.

Rosehips

Post by Rosehips » Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:49 pm

this is really good i love the way you see how we go forward everyday and never move anywhere. All the running that we do to escape what we were and we've already become it.

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:54 pm

Hello Leysa, Thanks for your positive message of hope, a very important reminder during a very negative period of time for the World On Edge. Thank You
Hello Rosehips, I don't think I have had the pleasure of meeting you, your comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks

ehli'schild
PP Ambassador

Post by ehli'schild » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:08 pm

hey, michael. couldn't let this one get buried. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] personally, i think a LOT has changed in ten thousand years. particularly the last thousand. or the last hundred. or twenty... it seems like we're all caught in a whirling vortex of changes and radicalness from every side, and for gods sake are we imploding or exploding.
some things do remain the same, no matter what. like god, i suppose. the intrinsic badness, or goodness of human beings. maybe that's what you meant; i'll have to read it again (again!)

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:54 pm

:bump: 'd from poetry archives at the request of jeannerene
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

jeannerené
Winter's Rose

Post by jeannerené » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:18 pm

Thanks again Heinz.

Michael I was just really drawn to this one.......I know sometimes it seems so frustrating with all that goes on in this crazy world......we make all kinds of advances and our set backs seem to keep us stationary......but because we can chastise yourselves for our everpresent imperfections in human relationships (encompassing the individual to the worldly) I believe we will succeed......if mankind ever to becomes content or accepting of these ....well then we are in big trouble....

I enjoyed reading and thinking about this piece......great write...

jeanne
... and his words purge up and outward,
expelled and onward through desert dust swallowed,
sands he says that gorge on simple sensibilities.
And, now he spits fragments, grit, extended vowels and elongated syllables
over cracked lips. Their sounds fall
piling round his boots…
~ jeannerené

~breathe~

flickr -jeannerene photostream

kuperian4ever
Seafoam Poet
Tag line: Know it Poet

Post by kuperian4ever » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:55 am

Once an animal.....always an animal.
But the danger is humans can magnify their negatives
Dogs and cats play the same old same old
But humans are always making things bigger...better
Apes and Donkeys don't worry so over their lives
But humans not only worry they descimate and consecrate
Mice and honeybees stick to the KISS philosophy "Keep it simple stupid
But humans have to take that one step too far..armegeddon
Once an animal.....always an animal.

MJP...your insight and wordsmithing bear the trademark of great poetry
my friend. This poem is no exception. It makes one think of ones place
in the scheme of things both now and in times to come. I pray things
will change in the next 10,000 years. For the better.
Bric-a Brac

Death will be your final victory over life
Rejoice, for victory comes even as you live
Spread your arms and embrace the future

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Ten Thousand Years

Post by MJPease » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:22 pm

Hello jeannerene, While trying to get up to speed, I noticed your interest in this piece. Thank You! You gave me the opportunity to revisit the cherished posted replies. I believe they're just as important to me as the poem. Hmm! This means The Pages has quite a history already or legacy or something like that. We can reminicse. Thanks Again! Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

jeannerené
Winter's Rose

Post by jeannerené » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:42 pm

Michael.......

just read thru this one again.......matter o' fact I took a nice browse thru your archives a while ago.....enjoyed........

.....Ten Thousand Years .... must say that with events as of late.....what have we learned? ..... is a big question..... this is a great poem...

jeanne
... and his words purge up and outward,
expelled and onward through desert dust swallowed,
sands he says that gorge on simple sensibilities.
And, now he spits fragments, grit, extended vowels and elongated syllables
over cracked lips. Their sounds fall
piling round his boots…
~ jeannerené

~breathe~

flickr -jeannerene photostream

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:02 am

Hello jeannerene, Again I have to Thank You for your kind thoughts and interest in this piece. I hope this one is not capable of being timeless. Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:41 pm

I brought this old piece over for a Critique discussion. One ojective is for critique of the use of profanity. Will it die a slow death because of it? Take Care

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:08 pm

The single use of a profane word is usually done for a degree of impact that would be unatainable without it. In this case, the rest of the poem is strong and it doesn't need the profanity for oomph. It could easily be deleted without damaging the poem. Fortunately, the poem is so strong that the profanity does not damage it by being present. It's the poet's call in this instance. Make your judgment, Michael... the poem will stand either way.

H.
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

Return to “Workshop/Critiques Wanted”