When will this end?

This forum is for poems that are in tribute to an event, tragedy, person, etc. Subforums are memorials to PoetryPages members who have crossed the rainbow bridge.

Moderator: moonflower

Forum rules
This forum is for poems that are in tribute to an event, tragedy, person, etc.
This forum does not autoprune.
Kaylakakes97
Clearwater Poet

When will this end?

Post by Kaylakakes97 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:01 am

Man, you know… I’m tired of this!
Another day gone, another one lost, how long is it going to be for this shit to stop? I’m always hearing around me, or even reading about a shooting, people injured, lives lost. It’s like an everyday thing man!! When will this end?! Families, friends, losing someone they love… for what? Why can’t we just enjoy a walk down the street, or have a great day at school, or go to a certain part of town, without worrying some wanna be thug, or some person will shoot us? When will this end?! I remember feeling safe wherever I go, now we can’t even feel safe anywhere… not even school! We can’t wear red or blue most places or we’ll get shot!!! Why should we worry about the color of our clothes? It’s just a color, we shouldn’t be scared to wear it. When will this end?! Normally we can feel safe at school, but nope…can’t feel safe anywhere!! Why? Why does this happen?! We are losing so many lives and it’s not right. It can happen to any of us, at any time, for no reason, and we shouldn’t have to be scared of that, and we shouldn’t have to lose someone who’s close to us just because some thug has anger issues and a gun.

This is for the teens who have recently lost their lives, or have been severely injured due to a school shooting or being on the street wearing a certain color. R.I.P </3
Last edited by Kaylakakes97 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kay.

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Re: When will this end?

Post by thief of dreams » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:48 pm

The answer can never be soon enough. I am hopeful though, that maybe not so much someday, but there will be a day, a single day where all is well. The trick is to remember that day for as long as possible and hold tight to the memory of better ways.
"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “In Tribute”