**dancing on daddy's shoes** Poem of the Week, 7/30/06

Humor and Nonsense, Poetry and Prose. Come on in for a laugh!

Moderators: Spazway, moonflower

buttterflies
Jasmine Queen

Post by buttterflies » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:41 pm

awww... very special indeed. :hearts:

funny how fathers and daughters have a special place for each other in their hearts.... was a wonderful read, ET. thanks.
"To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater." -Bono (U2)

"You have no choice of subject matter. You write what's in your heart and on your mind unless of course it's crap in which case it means you've thought about it too much." -Bono

* :mrgreen: *

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Re: **dancing on daddy's shoes** Poem of the Week, 7/30/06

Post by Eternum 1 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:52 pm

:cool:

SamIAm
Seafoam Poet

Post by SamIAm » Mon May 05, 2008 9:12 am

:bump:

I bumped this because I miss my little girls. I'm stuck here for a while (not really "stuck". Vamp makes it bearable) in Indiana and haven't seen them for six months. We talk on the phone every day (pretty much) but that is nothing compared to holding them.

Everything reminds me of them. I sing to them on the phone, and they sing along in their sweet, little voices. I have to keep from letting them hear me cry.

I remember when I was first in love and thought I knew what love was - I thought I knew what it meant to say "I would die for you". Then, I had kids and I realized - I never did know what love was at all. I'd never felt the words "I would die for you" as purely as I do when I look into the eyes of my little girls.

Thanks for the poem, ET. With your permission, I bump it in dedication to my little girls.

:angel:
My Youtube Channel - Go ahead, call me crazy.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yapshire

Eternum 1
Black Ferret Poet

Post by Eternum 1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:23 pm

:cool:

negatvone
Deranged Marshmallow; Leader of The Twin

Post by negatvone » Sun May 02, 2010 9:12 pm

I still absolutely love this poem. had to re-read it again. This is by far one of my favorite reads.
Entering the sanctuary of my mind may lead to perils of unknown magnitude.......... hold on and embrace the ride. Feel the tolls as we pass from existance into my sought domain of twisted reality. -negatv: 5/05-

If I changed anything I have done in my life I wouldn't be me. Personally, I kinda like me. I'm an asshole, but I'm my kind of asshole.

Friends are what help me guide myself through life. I just have to find the right direction first. -negatv- 10/06

Return to “Funny Business”