An Elegant Way

Humor and Nonsense, Poetry and Prose. Come on in for a laugh!

Moderators: Spazway, moonflower

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

An Elegant Way

Post by bags123 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:21 am

An Elegant Way

Such a pleasure to see you!
You silly old goose
You're as "fit as a feather"
flown in from Toulouse
Where they pull out your liver,
and call it Pate
Because all the French speak
in an elegant way.

How I long for the sweetness
of vinegar eels
All their taste has gone sour
like yesterday's meals
But their past was resplendent,
at least some would say
that the French always speak
in an elegant way.

I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

moonflower
enchanted by the magic

Post by moonflower » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:27 pm

the French do speak very elegantly!..enjoyed this bags! :thumbsup: :lol:

('vinegar eels'??)..lol.. :shrug: .. :grin:
inside each soul there is music...let the music play..

visit my poets page

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:51 pm

moonflower wrote:the French do speak very elegantly!..enjoyed this bags! :thumbsup: :lol:

('vinegar eels'??)..lol.. :shrug: .. :grin:
Thanks Val. So how the hell are ya? Seems like a month of Sundays since we talked here at Poetry Pages. How's the family? No tornados I hope. My daughters still stationed over in San Antonio at Lackland AFB.
She's coming home mid June for about 10 days before going to her next assignment in Mississippi. She's done well. I'm proud of her. Just hope she doesn't have to go to Iraq. I don't think I could handle it if something happens to her. It was beautiful today wasn't it?
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan

Poet of the Month
March 2011

moonflower
enchanted by the magic

Post by moonflower » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:39 am

we're doing good! :lol: and hey thanks for asking bags!....this is prom week,..(its our two daughters' junior prom..its this coming Saturday) so its really crazy around my house this week! :lol: ..plus, our 3 teenagers are all in various stages of learning to drive, so my general state of mind these days is somewhat shaky, (actually bordering on the fear of the unknown and insanity!).. :mrgreen: Sam (hubby) is handling it waaay better than me! :grin: ..plus we have a dance competition coming up the end of this month..so, life is busy and whizzing along at an exceedingly alarming rate, as always.. :grin:

you have good reason to be proud of your daughter! :lol: ..didnt realize she was in San Antonio..its been excrutiatingly hot there the past few days i hear.. will she be closer to you when she goes to Mississippi?..cant remember where you live..(i think New York maybe?)..i hope she doesnt ever have to go anywhere out of the U.S. too..no matter how old they get, our children always remain children to us dont they?..they truly are one of lifes' greatest blessings..

well hey its been great chatting again! :grin: .. i hope Spring has arrived where you are..its in full bloom here in east Texas..bluebonnets and pink buttercups, everywhere i go! :grin: ..hey, you have a great Tuesday bags! :lol: :lol:
inside each soul there is music...let the music play..

visit my poets page

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:46 am

vinaigrette eels would be funnier and more elegant...
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

Leysa
Mistress of the South

Post by Leysa » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:13 am

:mrgreen: Funny stuff!

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:22 am

moonflower wrote:we're doing good! :lol: and hey thanks for asking bags!....this is prom week,..(its our two daughters' junior prom..its this coming Saturday) so its really crazy around my house this week! :lol: ..plus, our 3 teenagers are all in various stages of learning to drive, so my general state of mind these days is somewhat shaky, (actually bordering on the fear of the unknown and insanity!).. :mrgreen: Sam (hubby) is handling it waaay better than me! :grin: ..plus we have a dance competition coming up the end of this month..so, life is busy and whizzing along at an exceedingly alarming rate, as always.. :grin:

you have good reason to be proud of your daughter! :lol: ..didnt realize she was in San Antonio..its been excrutiatingly hot there the past few days i hear.. will she be closer to you when she goes to Mississippi?..cant remember where you live..(i think New York maybe?)..i hope she doesnt ever have to go anywhere out of the U.S. too..no matter how old they get, our children always remain children to us dont they?..they truly are one of lifes' greatest blessings..

well hey its been great chatting again! :grin: .. i hope Spring has arrived where you are..its in full bloom here in east Texas..bluebonnets and pink buttercups, everywhere i go! :grin: ..hey, you have a great Tuesday bags! :lol: :lol:

Thanks Val,.... yes she said it's been brutal in San Antonio. Glad things are going well for you and yours. Remember to keep one eye on the road and on on your daughter at all times when teaching them to drive.
:mrgreen: Good luck on your dance competition. If I was the judge I'd vote for you guys. :hello:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:23 am

heinzs wrote:vinaigrette eels would be funnier and more elegant...
Thanks Heinz,... I'll take your suggestion under consideration,....only if it's raspberry vinaigrette. :hello:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:23 am

Leysa wrote::mrgreen: Funny stuff!
:hello:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

rlnimages
Clearwater Poet

Post by rlnimages » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:38 am

Very enjoyable, bags - a lot of fun to read.

richard

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:59 am

Thanks Richard. :grin:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Debbie
God's Poetess

bags

Post by Debbie » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm

elegantly put dear bags... :bow:

Reach Out And Love Someone
Slow Down And Look around
You Will Find Someone Who Needs You.....

Return to “Funny Business”