The state of our surveillance state

A forum for our dear friend, Preston, also known as "The Texan" and a charter member of "The Westies". His inimicable wit will be missed.

Moderator: moonflower

preston
Forever Silent Friend

The state of our surveillance state

Post by preston » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:36 am

Everybody I know is on Facebook ... and over the past couple of years many of these people have expressed a desire to "get off Facebook".

Although it's not considered politically correct to admit that Facebook is a virtual surveillance app ... a lot of people have figured it out.

Nobody really has a concise and well-defined reason for wanting to kick the app ... but the desire is definitely there.
Unfortunately the programming that comes with social media is quite sophisticated ... and nobody wants to admit they're being programmed.

Like any bad habit / addiction / fetish / eating disorder ... admitting you have a problem is the first step.

My unsolicited advice ... Do not feed the beast.
Facebook is the face of our surveillance state.

:arrow: http://saintsal.com/facebook/

:computer:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Re: The state of our surveillance state

Post by MJPease » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:39 am

Hello Preston. Thanks for the heads up my friend. Face Book has brought me closer to some old friends dating all the way back to grade school that other wise may have been lost forever. Other than that I can take it or leave it the people thing for me is a big deal. I see adds popping up all the time now for things that I'm interested in. Guitars, Aquarium, Railroad, Woodworking etc. they sure go out of their way to profile our interests. I actually want people to know more about my political views since I think they're :shrug: I know we agree to disagree on a lot of things :grin: People will be People give them a few minutes a way to make a dime and they'll find a way to screw up a free lunch all day any day of the week. I've never tried Twitter, What's that like? Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Re: The state of our surveillance state

Post by preston » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:51 am

Railroad as in Lionel ... or railroad as in, "Oh there was a time in this fair land when the railroad did not run." :?:

Return to “Preston, aka Jerry LaVergne”