What we can expect from the jobs bill

A forum for our dear friend, Preston, also known as "The Texan" and a charter member of "The Westies". His inimicable wit will be missed.

Moderator: moonflower

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Re: What we can expect from the jobs bill

Post by bags123 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:28 pm

preston wrote:
bags123 wrote:and how would you suggest we go about taking control back?
You know how sometimes there are things you want to do ... and the guys in charge don't want you doing them ... but you do them anyway cuz you aren't gonna let a bunch of pig-headed, elitist control freaks tell you what you can or can't do.

I think that's how you go about it.

~
I hear they piss in the streets over in Rome. :wink:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:46 pm

bags123 wrote:
preston wrote:
bags123 wrote:and how would you suggest we go about taking control back?
You know how sometimes there are things you want to do ... and the guys in charge don't want you doing them ... but you do them anyway cuz you aren't gonna let a bunch of pig-headed, elitist control freaks tell you what you can or can't do.

I think that's how you go about it.

~
I hear they piss in the streets over in Rome. :wink:
So we should go piss in the streets of Washington, is this the gist of what your saying? :book:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:18 am

:mrgreen: I'm trying to wrap my head around that one with out getting any on me. :shrug:
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:09 pm

MJPease wrote::mrgreen: I'm trying to wrap my head around that one with out getting any on me. :shrug:
:lol: :thumbsup:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:03 am

AH! wHEN iN rOME dO aS tHE rOMANS dO. I wrote that in code :shock: We should be expecting jobs from the jobs bill, I guess it will take a bit of squeaky wheel gets the oil protesting similair to the 60's first. I just hope things do not get out of control and lead to another Kent State rerun. It's so weird how history demands a repeat. As Preston mentioned the NYPD was pretty tough on some of the protestors. I think that has a lot to do with Mayor Bloombergs anouncement that major cities in the US are on the verge of civil unrest very similair to that in other parts of the world. I imagine the Police have reacted to this as any human in their shoes would some of them perfectly and some of them not so well. It's a difficult situation.
Next week the US Senate will vote on the Jobs Bill
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:02 pm

I've been watching the debate on the Jobs bill, Mikey. To be quite frank the bill is going to do everything except create jobs. From the looks and sounds of it those who will benefit from it are those in Washington D.C. while the rest of us are left to wonder what the hell happened. Granted Obama may say he's a warrior for the middle class but let's get real for a minute. When shit really hit the fan way back when who do you think he bailed out first let alone helped... That's right his goon buddies on Wall Street. I've been saying it before and I'll say it again. We have got to stop relying on the government because honestly they aren't doing a damn thing for us. And whatever they do has strings attached to it such as a political agenda or look it here how convenient for Obama's Job bill to be coming to light right around the time of Presidential elections. Anywho before I get off track... It's high time we as a nation do for ourselves and help out our fellow brothers and sisters and tell our government to piss off. It's high time we as a nation create jobs for ourselves. It's high time we as a nation educate ourselves on how to run a country the right way. It's high time we as a nation start relying on the Almighty upstairs and less on material possessions and money. It's high time we as a nation got back to the basics of life and got right with ourselves. We maybe advanced in technology but when it comes to common sense we're nimrods. We believe everything the government tells us and swallow the b.s. sandwich.. And then wonder how the hell things went so wrong. I applaud those who stand up and say enough is enough like those protesters, it takes balls to do that. I also applaud those who do question every move our government makes. Because I'll tell you something if I have to trust my life with either Lucy aka Satan or those in D.C. Lord forgive me for saying this but I'd pick Satan because at least I know what level of shadiness he is. These cats in D.C. well hell they're every damn color of shadiness and no matter how hard you try you can't pinpoint just one. Them fighting over this jobs bill just proves that.

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:52 pm

It's interesting to me that the Wall Street Protests seem very vague, and unfocused at this point. From the protesters I've seen interviewed, on the street, so far,... I'm hearing only mixed, almost rehearsed sounding, memorized rhetoric. It's great to see some of the Unions getting involved in the effort. I hope it eventually congeals around an effort to totally do away with the old corrupt economic system we currently live in ,...and replace it with something completely new,... Eventually perhaps,..but I doubt it. :shrug:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Bagsy old buddy, my money is still on a Revolution (American Revolution 2). We've seen history repeat itself so far, so I'm not counting that one out just yet. Besides Revolutons always need a sequel. VIVA REVOLUTION! :hello:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:31 am

LadySaturn wrote:Bagsy old buddy, my money is still on a Revolution (American Revolution 2). We've seen history repeat itself so far, so I'm not counting that one out just yet. Besides Revolutons always need a sequel. VIVA REVOLUTION! :hello:

Unfortunately my lady,....I think we'd be on different sides of the conflict should it occur.

Poet of the Month
March 2011

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:34 am

OK! For now all we can do is take a let's see if the bill passes or fails approach to the situation. As far as the Government we are the Government like it or not Government is run by People. You change the Government and all you are doing is changing the People. People for the most part remain the same. Lao Tzu once said something like this about the best of leaders with out trust people act in bad faith. Right now there is no trust and bad faith abounds. Will putting a new set of people in the leadership role bring back this trust. I doubt it; the information age the end of the innocence the age of Enron even Vietnam for that matter. What was Vietnam all about 58,000+and still counting? Take Care

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:04 am

MJPease wrote:OK! For now all we can do is take a let's see if the bill passes or fails approach to the situation. As far as the Government we are the Government like it or not Government is run by People. You change the Government and all you are doing is changing the People. People for the most part remain the same. Lao Tzu once said something like this about the best of leaders with out trust people act in bad faith. Right now there is no trust and bad faith abounds. Will putting a new set of people in the leadership role bring back this trust. I doubt it; the information age the end of the innocence the age of Enron even Vietnam for that matter. What was Vietnam all about 58,000+and still counting? Take Care
IMHO,...there is no trust,...becuase the leaders we currently have are part of the decaying, implosion, of global capitalism. I work in a a very competitive, industry,....which is in late maturity. What do I mean by "mature" business? I mean that when a business of any type reaches a point, where there are so many competitive producers of like products,...the profit margins for everyone goes down, and once profitable businesses either must learn to survive on decreased margins with higher volumes, or they go out of business altogether. Capitalism in this country has long ago, reached a point of diminishing returns. In order to be competitive with countries like China etc, US and European countries have to bring labor under control. Decrease, or do away with many benifits, pensions, retirement etc, in order to compete with the antiregulatory environment, and cheap labor that countries like China and India offer. Meanwhile, the beneficiaries or this economic debacle represent around 4% of the population. You don't need a math degree to figure out 96% of us are the ones getting screwed. I believe President Obama has his heart in the right place,....but more and more seems to be impotent against the facists who control the money in this country now.

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:46 pm

bags123 wrote:
LadySaturn wrote:Bagsy old buddy, my money is still on a Revolution (American Revolution 2). We've seen history repeat itself so far, so I'm not counting that one out just yet. Besides Revolutons always need a sequel. VIVA REVOLUTION! :hello:

Unfortunately my lady,....I think we'd be on different sides of the conflict should it occur.
So no different than the Sicilan-Irish war huh... :shrug: Just promise me that your side will do no streaking on the field.. That's one part of the war that doesn't need to be repeated. Keep it decent damn it. :no: It would be one hell of a tale for future generations though... Add a Sicilian and a Irish into the mix also throw a Canadian in there good measure and by golly you've got a blockbuster movie script on your hands... :hello:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:25 pm

We should try and not get any of this crap spilled onto our Canadian friends. They seem to be doing pretty well and can do with out us offering up a piece of our present day shit sandwhich. :mrgreen:

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:36 pm

You and I both know Mikey Canadians can't turn down fight. Hell they live and breath it, hockey proves that. Ask them to join and they'll show up... Moose and all. :hello:

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:48 am

MJPease wrote:OK! For now all we can do is take a let's see if the bill passes or fails approach to the situation.
The old wait and see.eh?

Yeah ... maybe this time they'll really have their act together and do something that could actually be beneficial to us citizens they're upposed to be serving.

Geez ... I can't even say that with a straight face.

:shrug:

Return to “Preston, aka Jerry LaVergne”